To start off, I'm not here to troll. I got my 9700 free with an upgrade a month or so back and to be honest I'm bored with it. Honestly I don't email a lot but I do sms/im a bit and use facebook. The push notifications are great but I find myself bored when I have no one to talk to as I wait for something/someone playing with my phone during downtime. Recently I just placed a want to trade post on Howardforums(6 year poster) to see if anyone wants to trade. Any thoughts from the iPhone camp? Will an iPhone give me sufficient diversions to keep me occupied during the day?
    01-20-10 12:38 AM
    If you're looking for good in betweens while waiting for a message response then I don't see why the iPhone shouldn't suit you. However if you do text and IM plenty, then you better be sure that you can get accustomed to the virtual keyboard.
    01-20-10 12:50 AM
    I would say go with the iPhone if you can, you might be able to exchange if you got your phone in the last 30 days. I think ATT still has that going.
    01-20-10 01:07 AM
    Love it man, just switched from verizon and I'm very happy. I haven't had any problems with service, great apps, keyboard is easy to use and overall good phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 04:03 AM
    To add to what others have said, if your downtime would be enjoyed surfing the web, playing games, listening to music, or YouTube then you would like it.
    01-20-10 06:18 AM
    iPhone is a lot better than any blackberry device right now. The applications and smooth OS are untouchable. Get one!
    01-20-10 12:21 PM
    been using an ipod touch lately and love it... Used the iphone for awhile and Im pretty much hooked. It has come down to Iphone or Eris... Probably will go with the iphone most likely on a local network at only $45/month 500 min, unlimited text/data
    verizon eris...450min 250text, data $65...
    Local carrier my fiance uses, and it offers free mobile to mobile and shes the one I talked to most so it makes sense to switch
    01-20-10 12:41 PM
    I got my 16 GB 3GS in November after having a free "dumbphone" from Verizon for 4 years and I love it most of the time! The only thing I don't like about it is the battery life, but I use it a lot of playing games so I know that that will drain the battery faster than talking or texting. I was torn between getting a BOLD or an iPhone but after researching both and talking to people who had those phones I decided on the iPhone because I felt it offered more in the way of entertainment and that's what I was after. I think you would enjoy an iPhone if you want something to keep you entertained. Hope you'll enjoy it if that's what you choose to get!
    01-20-10 01:15 PM
    Love the iphone!!! only downside is..... "i wish i got the 32gb instead of the 16gb" between the crazy amount of apps you can get for free and everything else the phone can do even not jailbroken... You must get one
    01-20-10 04:14 PM
    I saw a mention of getting used to the keyboard. I think Apple's virtual keyboard is dang near pure perfection. I love typing on that thing - so much faster and easier than my bb. It's like it already knows what you're going to say, blows my mind every-time.
    01-20-10 04:49 PM
    I switched from Verizon a month ago to the Iphone and AT&T and could not be happier. The Iphone is great and if anything you will have a hard time putting it down.
    01-20-10 06:19 PM
    Love the iPhone, but still use my Storm 1 only 10% of the time.
    01-20-10 06:30 PM
    What do you guys think then about the possible new iPhone coming this year? Should I just wait?
    01-20-10 07:01 PM
    What do you guys think then about the possible new iPhone coming this year? Should I just wait?
    It would probably be in June. Depends if you want to wait 5 months from now.
    01-20-10 07:09 PM
    I'm waiting for the new iPhone. Contract up in Dec this year but due for upgrade in August. I just hope the rumored multi-tasking/background apps happens.
    01-20-10 08:35 PM
    I just switched from the blackberry curve 8320 to the iphone, and I love it. I would have done it sooner if I knew how good the iphone is. It's nice to have a real web browser. I also hated the little screen that I had to deal with when I used the blackberry. Also, the blackberry web browser was awful. I couldn't stand mobile view. Plus, the apps on blackberry app world are not that good. The app store has so many more apps then blackberry app world.
    01-21-10 08:46 PM
    definitly get the iphone u wont regret it its a fun device and ull love it

01-22-10 01:15 AM
    Thanks for all the input guys. I've decided between waiting to see what the next gen iphone will be or perhaps seeing what AT&T will have to offer as far as Android devices. That means wait, which is hard to do being a tech junkie! But I'd probably be better off. Thanks again!
    01-22-10 11:07 PM
    Best phone i ever used & i used plenty. Cons: no multi tasking and Itunes.
    02-06-10 01:23 PM
    I was considering changing contracts and getting a 9700, but it won't be all that different from my Curve... As a bit of a fanboy, I'm going to have to upgrade to an iPhone, despite the ridiculous overpricing of the device in the UK - we're used to free phones!

02-06-10 03:40 PM
    I switched to an iPhone in Dec and after almost 2 years with bb devices, pearl, curve, tour, storm 1 and 2... you will never be bored with an iPhone, games, youtube, web... whether you wait or not, you will be definitely happy with an iPhone
    02-06-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD