How do you tether the ipod touch to the blackberry 9700? I wish to use the data plan I have for my blackberry to access the appstore for the ipod.
    05-03-10 06:51 PM
    RIM doesnt allow internet sharing in the sense of making the device into a WiFi hotspot. Although, I have heard of an app for the iPhone/iTouch that will allow the device to share an internet connection via bluetooth, which a Blackberry can do.

Just something I heard on the forums...
    05-03-10 07:30 PM
    What about some kind of wire that connects between the usb on the blackberry and the connector thing on the ipod?
    05-03-10 10:42 PM
    How do you tether the ipod touch to the blackberry 9700? I wish to use the data plan I have for my blackberry to access the appstore for the ipod.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-04-10 10:51 AM
    I have tried to connect with a BB via bluetooth with my ipod touch and after researching the only capabilities the bluetooth has for the touch is to use blutooth audio headphones. You may be able to get an app for the BB to cast out a wi-fi signal and then hook up your touch through wi-fi. I am still trying to figure it out myself.I will let you know if I find something.

05-04-10 10:55 AM
    I have tried to connect with a BB via bluetooth with my ipod touch and after researching the only capabilities the bluetooth has for the touch is to use blutooth audio headphones. You may be able to get an app for the BB to cast out a wi-fi signal and then hook up your touch through wi-fi. I am still trying to figure it out myself.I will let you know if I find something.

To be honest I'm not positive if this is possible, since the Java environment that Blackberry apps run in makes it so the app can only send and receive data as the OS dictates, not use the chips to do something else like create a HotSpot.
    05-04-10 11:05 AM
    What the OP is trying to do is NOT possible and won't be possible anywhere in the near future.
    05-04-10 11:09 AM
    Unless RIM includes it into Blackberry 6, but don't bet on it.
    05-04-10 11:17 AM
    Yea, that'd be too useful for RIM to include.
    05-04-10 11:55 AM
    They were supposed to bring out a line this year of cell phones that give out wifi but I think it was just a rumor. Hey the ipad was supposed to bea rumor too.

05-04-10 01:26 PM
    This worked on my ipod touch is slow but better than nothing. Thanks to OP. http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/fi...fi-ftw-475732/

05-31-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD