I've had 2 iPhones in my life - a 2G 8gb on release day, and a 3GS 32gb on release day. That's it. 75 - 80% of the BB users I know have had to get 3-4 replacement phones because their originals "stopped working" (e.g. this broke, wouldn't make phone calls, OS problems, etc). So I was just wondering - how many iPhone users have actually had to get a replacement phone because it just stopped working - I'm not talking cracked screens, dropped on concrete - these reasons would make ANY phone user have to get a new phone. I'm looking for actual problems with the phone. Just curious...
    02-12-10 06:42 PM
    I have had the opposite experience. I have never had to take back any BlackBerry I have ever owned because of an issue. Although, I have had to take back my Iphone several times. The first was because the home button wouldn't work all the time. The second time was because the phone overheated. The third time was for overheating again. I was really impressed with the diagnostic abilities of the staff at the Apple store. The guy was able to tell me exactly how hot the phone was getting. So I actually ended up with four iphones within three months. I think with any device, there is the luck of the draw. I had an HTC Tilt a few years ago and had it for a year before I had to take it in for a problem. I found out later that it wasn't a problem with the device! But how I was using it. But I did take it in and had it replaced. I went through four more on about two weeks. So the first one was actually perfect (I just didn't know it) and the others were garbage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 10:06 AM
    I read this forum everyday in hopes of Verizon and Apple joining up. I have had four Storms in just over a year. Five different batteries. This phone is such a joke. I'm waiting to see what the near future brings us.
    02-13-10 10:52 AM
    I also think this is a loaded question because of the basic design of the 2 phones. The iphone is a solid piece, and theyre more likely to swap you out then sit there and replace a piece. On a BB, if something like a trackball goes bad they pop it out or replace it and you keep the same phone.

I dont think its a level playing field to compare the 2 due to their designs. Also a lot of people replace their BB parts theselves, so it further skews any results comparing the two.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 02-13-10 at 10:55 AM.
    02-13-10 10:53 AM
    I haven't had to do any sort of exchange on my original purchased iPhone. Really
    haven't had hardware issues. I had one issue with my push yahoo email. I went to
    the Apple store and I learned that when you restore to not do it from the previous
    backup.

I've always been warranty exchanging my Blackberries because it's just an easier
    process. I've had buttons that no longer work. Always seems to be one of the
    convenience keys.
    02-13-10 01:01 PM
    I had to replace my BB 8320 once due to the phone started to reboot itself after I updated the OS. I then had to replace the battery. The battery would fully charge itself, and it would show the battery as fully charged. As soon as I tried to use the phone, the phone would completley shut itself down and not restart. I would have to restart the phone with the charger hooked up. The phone would not shut down as long as I didn't use it.
    02-13-10 10:20 PM
    hmmm replaced the iphone 3g once already. battery life still sucks tho in my opinion.
    02-15-10 04:56 PM
    Have never replaced an iphone. I have replaced 2 bberrys-tour and storm
    02-16-10 01:46 PM
    None here, and I've had my 3Gs since they dropped.

I had my 3G replaced once though.

My 1st gen was never replaced.
    02-16-10 02:16 PM
    Wife is on her 3rd 8gig 3g...same problem each one--powers off at random, no matter if it's in her purse or her pocket...

I have had all generations and have never had to replace, daughter has had 3g and now 3gs and no problems...
    02-16-10 02:55 PM
    Got my first 3G about a month after they came out. Had it about 3 Months and the wifi quit working. 2nd 3G had about 9 months and the Touch Screen quit working. 3rd 3G had about a week it was areplacement for the one that had the bad touch screen and the Wifi would just disconnect itself. So they sent me another 3G and it seems to be ok going on a month now with it. I must say though Apple Service Techs are great about resolving issues. Better than any other Cellphone maker out there.
    02-24-10 12:56 PM
    I've had an iPhone replaced once and it was because of a dead pixel. Aside from that. No issues @ all.
    02-24-10 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD