I was an iPhone hayta in the beginning, especially the first few days I owned one. Then I figured out that dealing iPhones was a lot more lucrative than dealing berrys and I switched 100%. Now I've defected back to the berry, and where I missed the berry going to the iPhone, I don't really miss the iPhone when I go back to the berry. Pretty much just thank God for GSM and SIM cards, eh? Then again I just stuck my primary line on a CDMA network....and I feel claustrophobic due to being basically locked into one phone model. But data's fast and reliable.

-E
    10-02-08 09:32 PM
    I have both the original iPhone and a BlackBerry pearl. I use the the BB as my phone because I feel it works better as a phone then the iPhone does, plus I like the email. The ringer on the iPhone is too quiet and so is trying to hear someone talk. I do use the iPhone for internet browsing and as a iPod for music and videos. Plus I can always switch my sims card back and forth and use which ever one I want.
    10-02-08 10:34 PM
    I plan on buying the iphone 3g and more then likely buy the bold when it comes out
    10-04-08 10:47 AM
    I use both, Curve and 3G, would like to use 3G only, but I can't get my work email pushed over to the IPhone, once that happens, goodbye Curve
    10-08-08 05:18 AM
    I have a iPhone 3G on contract with O2. I also have a Bold which I own (not on contract) and I use this with Vodafone.

I use my iPhone for music, podcasts, and most people have this number.

I use my Bold for email (as its better in terms of speed than the iPhone) also my partner calls me on this number and as my partner calls me more than anyone else this phone is the one I use the most. I live in France part of the time and Vodafone are better value than O2.

For about the past 10 years I have always had at least 2 phones. I like the iPhone but its just not as good at somethings as my Bold. Before I had the Bold I had a Cruve and before that a Pearl. Thinking about selling my Bold and getting a Storm.

Alex
    10-08-08 08:14 AM
    My dad carries both his Pearl and 3g iphone. He travels inside China quite a bit, as well as back in the States. One great advantage on the iphone for him is the Chinese input with just the fingers, he can write sms/emails in Chinese, as well as watch movies on the iphone on plance rides.

Otherwise, the Pearl is a much better emailing device, it works and receives emails in the most remote parts of China we've been to(inner mongolia, deep in the Sichuan earthquake areas), as well as in the US. He really can't live without one of the other.
    10-09-08 10:34 PM
    Well sadly to say....as of today i will be carrying an iPhone 3G and a Blackberry, but the iPhone will just be an iPod touch...

can't take the dropped calls/no service anywhere i go anymore, its driving me insane. I love my iPhone to death but its not great as a phone on the network it's exclusively on(in my area at least).

So i am going back to VZW today to get a 8330 Curve. This greatly saddens me but at least ill still have my iPhone in my purse and have all my games and everything still.

But still a sad day
    10-13-08 08:07 AM
    I had both! Now I give my I phone to my sister and I pay for her bill until contract ends. I can not stand ATT'service, long wait and most of the time they just talking and not answer my questions! I like curve better tho!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 08:30 AM
    Well sadly to say....as of today i will be carrying an iPhone 3G and a Blackberry, but the iPhone will just be an iPod touch...

can't take the dropped calls/no service anywhere i go anymore, its driving me insane. I love my iPhone to death but its not great as a phone on the network it's exclusively on(in my area at least).

So i am going back to VZW today to get a 8330 Curve. This greatly saddens me but at least ill still have my iPhone in my purse and have all my games and everything still.

But still a sad day
    Why don't you just wait for the storm?
    10-13-08 01:25 PM
    Why don't you just wait for the storm?
    i'm very attached to my iphone, and apple itself. I'm not interested in any touch device besides the one i have. I like the curve anyways, no need to 2 touch devices in my purse...god knows i would prob rip the BB apart in all the ways my iphone is better
    10-13-08 01:30 PM
    Sad day indeed. We'll miss you.
    10-13-08 07:42 PM
    I'm heavy on the iPhone, just because the screen resolution is so amazing. Find myself relying less and less on the Blackberry
    10-14-08 02:36 PM
    i have both but like the bold more !!
    10-14-08 03:17 PM
    I just recently got a 16 gig ipod touch, jail broke it and uploaded at least 60 free apps and can't believe how much I love this thing. More than the product itself, I can't get over the apps. I guess we'll have to wait awhile to see If the storm will get that kind of attention to the app developers\hackers. I am finding myself carrying both the touch and my pearl everywhere I go. If the iphone ever came to verizon I just might make the switch... =P

10-14-08 07:04 PM
    As I posted in another thread in this forum, I have two white 3G iPhones activated but have become bored with them. I bought a BB Curve and have been extremly pleased with it. I'll probably still bring a 3G and my BB with me for a while but I think eventually it will just be the BB. I switched sims in the phones since people had my 3G phone number, now my BB rings and has my 3G number.
    10-15-08 05:40 PM
    itouch and 8310
    10-15-08 09:24 PM
    I'm EAGERLY waiting for the Bold to come out and I'm making the switch to AT&T and dropping Verizon.

I'm happy I found this thread because I'm getting a Bold (my business line) AND an Iphone 3g (my personal line) and now I don't feel guilty anymore! lol

I've already had people tell me not to do it, but I need two lines, and I ALWAYS carry my ipod touch around with me, so now, instead of 3 devices it will be 2!

My reasoning is similar to those listed above. I love my ipod touch because of the apps, web surfing, etc. and obviously the iphone 3g does all that goodness and more. Plus I'm looking forward to the great business functionality of the BBB.

You know what I call carrying an Iphone 3g and a Bold?

Sweet!
    10-16-08 01:25 PM
    Still using my 1st gen iPhone and a Curve too.
    10-16-08 01:46 PM
    I have my Bold and Javelin, iPhones lying in my car not interested in it

10-16-08 01:52 PM
    Unless you're really in the biz that requires both, I have to agree that both are overkill. I currently a 16GB iPhone 3G & a RAZR and I think it's a great combo for me. RAZR for business and the iPhone for pleasure.
    10-16-08 02:58 PM
    I have a 32 GB ipod touch and a Curve 8330. I have more than 25 GB in music, so I need my ipod!!!!!
    10-16-08 03:13 PM
    Can you be connected to internet all the time with iPhone? What I found out is that you have to make a new connection every time you go to a tunnel, elevator or just loose reception for some reasons... How can it then compete with BBs in terms of IM and Push emails?
    10-19-08 10:50 AM
    Can you be connected to internet all the time with iPhone? What I found out is that you have to make a new connection every time you go to a tunnel, elevator or just loose reception for some reasons... How can it then compete with BBs in terms of IM and Push emails?
    The 3G iPhone has some problems when it switches from 3G to edge in certain areas. Sometimes the switch can cut off the internet connection. I would sometimes use the Last FM app. It worked perfectly on 3G but when I would hit a part of town where there was no 3G, the app would simply stop working becase it could not maintain the connection while switching to edge.

The iPhone can also simply display no service for several minutes while it searches for either edge or 3G. It can get very annoying. Over the past two months, I got so annoyed that I rarely turned on 3G.
    10-19-08 10:55 AM
    I have a 32 GB ipod touch and a Curve 8330. I have more than 25 GB in music, so I need my ipod!!!!!
    My 8gbs of music if enough for about 4 days non-stop. So I don't think iPhone capacity (16gb) can be a reason for you to use iPod. Removing playlists, adding them next week can be a solution. Carrying all you collection with you is cool tho )
    Last edited by anton_dubai; 10-19-08 at 10:59 AM.
    10-19-08 10:57 AM
    I only use my iphone as an ipod so when I have the need for music I carry both devices, I don't carry both on a daily basis.

10-19-08 11:23 AM
209 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD