you havent heard of being able to talk on the go?

the instant messaging apps is not near as reliable as bbm.
    maybe not on the blackberry, but that's not the point. Other platforms have reliable instant messaging apps that serve BBM's purpose.
    05-02-10 09:11 PM
    maybe not on the blackberry, but that's not the point. Other platforms have reliable instant messaging apps that serve BBM's purpose.
    yes, that is the point. not everyone wants to get on yahoo to chat while they are on a mobile phone. sure at home thats fine, we never use it anyway, we use skype. my point is not everyone has yahoo/msn/aim, not everyone wants to use them on the go. we use bbm because it is more reliable (for blackberry anyway)
    05-02-10 09:25 PM
    yes, that is the point. not everyone wants to get on yahoo to chat while they are on a mobile phone. sure at home thats fine, we never use it anyway, we use skype. my point is not everyone has yahoo/msn/aim, not everyone wants to use them on the go. we use bbm because it is more reliable (for blackberry anyway)
    Okay this is really funny to me. There are far more people that use Ym/AIM or some other form of IM service then there are that use BBM. The great thing about other IM services is that I don't have to be on my mobile device to use them and neither do the people that I am chatting with. BBM was kinda cool when I had my berry but it in no means is the number one IM service mobile or otherwise. If you had an iPhone you would understand that the IM apps are just as good as BBM is for the berry, maybe even better but that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by crackvegas78; 05-02-10 at 10:08 PM.
    05-02-10 10:05 PM
    Okay this is really funny to me. There are far more people that use Ym/AIM or some other form of IM service then there are that use BBM. The great thing about other IM services is that I don't have to be on my mobile device to use them and neither do the people that I am chatting with. BBM was kinda cool when I had my berry but it in no means is the number one IM service mobile or otherwise.
    my parents do not use any messenger services besides skype, my parents are the main people i talk to over bbm. they live in germany.

i am not saying it is number one, where are you getting that from? i voiced my simple opinion, and the pro's and con's about bbm vs others to me. i use the others constantly, but in my case bbm for my parents is the way to go.

and I do have an iphone, i carry both an 8900 and iphone 3gs 32gb.
    05-02-10 10:09 PM
    I'm dumping the iPod Touch and going for an iPad to use with my BB.
    I'm carrying a messenger bag or camera bag anyways.
    05-02-10 10:58 PM
    my parents do not use any messenger services besides skype, my parents are the main people i talk to over bbm. they live in germany.

i am not saying it is number one, where are you getting that from? i voiced my simple opinion, and the pro's and con's about bbm vs others to me. i use the others constantly, but in my case bbm for my parents is the way to go.

and I do have an iphone, i carry both an 8900 and iphone 3gs 32gb.
    I can see why you like it so much, and I will give you that it is very easy to use, I just don't see your point that it is more reliable then other IM services for mobile devices. I have found that on the iPhone at lest YM and AIM work just as well. They Skype app on iPhone is total crap but from what I have seen that will change with OS 4 so if you are a big Skype user like me then I am sure that you will be happy about that. Sorry if my other post came off bad, I was not trying to flame you or anything. I must have misunderstood what you were saying about BBM.
    05-03-10 12:07 AM
    I can see why you like it so much, and I will give you that it is very easy to use, I just don't see your point that it is more reliable then other IM services for mobile devices. I have found that on the iPhone at lest YM and AIM work just as well. They Skype app on iPhone is total crap but from what I have seen that will change with OS 4 so if you are a big Skype user like me then I am sure that you will be happy about that. Sorry if my other post came off bad, I was not trying to flame you or anything. I must have misunderstood what you were saying about BBM.
    i'm not implying that bbm is any better than other services on any phone, i am implying that on my phone, personally.. YIM/AIM/MSN disconnect constantly. BBM doesn't.

skype works okay for me on my iPhone, crashes occasionally.
    05-03-10 12:49 AM
    i'm not implying that bbm is any better than other services on any phone, i am implying that on my phone, personally.. YIM/AIM/MSN disconnect constantly. BBM doesn't.
    ya, on YOUR PHONE aka the Blackberry. You tout BBM as an advantage and why you stay with Blackberry because it works and IM programs ON YOUR BLACKBERRY do not. Well the whole point would be that you can use another phone with an IM program INSTEAD of the blackberry and the IM programs actually work very well with some other phones (such as the iPhone). You're using blackberry experiences to tell us why you keep using the blackberry. Makes no sense.
    05-03-10 08:39 AM
    ya, on YOUR PHONE aka the Blackberry. You tout BBM as an advantage and why you stay with Blackberry because it works and IM programs ON YOUR BLACKBERRY do not. Well the whole point would be that you can use another phone with an IM program INSTEAD of the blackberry and the IM programs actually work very well with some other phones (such as the iPhone). You're using blackberry experiences to tell us why you keep using the blackberry. Makes no sense.
    I HAVE BOTH PHONES and i've ALREADY stated that IM apps are stable on the iphone, but can you NOT read? It is my personal opinion, i like bbm because i can stay in contact with my family with no 3rd party apps, no signing in. As for chatting with other people, i do it on my iphone.

"You're using blackberry experiences to tell us why you keep using the blackberry. Makes no sense." uhm.. yeah i make no sense? lol right..

after looking at your previous posts, seems like all you are here to do is down the blackberry and try to prove how great and awesome your iphone is.. good luck with that. I agree that both the blackberry and iphone are awesome. however your tactics here are not working. in return your actions are making you look like a ******.
    Last edited by txt4nk; 05-05-10 at 02:15 AM. Reason: spelling
    05-03-10 11:22 AM
209 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD