i have both an iphone 3g and a Tour. Im contemplating if i should switch to the iphone alone.

the user interface is just soooo much better

but my phone plan is..sooooo good on sprint lol
    03-08-10 03:18 PM
    I've posted about the advantages of having both devices previously. While you would have everything you need with both devices, I have decided to stay with 1 device forever and that would be the iphone. There is just so much more to enjoy with the iphone. BB's are great however the iphone (IMHO) is the complete package. I never thought I would change my view but I truly believe that the iphone is all that you need .....
    03-08-10 06:03 PM
    How much do you pay a month for all 3 devices?
    If you don't mind me asking?
    In a few months I will be getting the iPhone & Keep my blackberry as well.
    sprint 30
    VZW 15
    att (i have a family plan with 4 phones and 1 being an iphone) 170, which that gets divided between the users.

I work for best buy mobile (not radio and car stuff) lol.
    i sell phones for a living and the carriers give me a hook up cept for att.
    i was contemplating about getting rid of the iphone bc im having nothin but trouble in Chicago and suburbs and dropping calls all the time. its getting aggravating. its becoming a cricket network, haha.
    03-09-10 02:03 AM
    I prefer to have BB for communications as I am reading with many posts.
    honestly iphone great for personal use. games, apps, etc Its a toy for me.
    BB great for emails, texting, especially for business that are running exchange servers. iphones have issues with that.
    Ive had the iphone for 18 mtns now,
    tour for a few mtns
    and the pre for about 7-8 mtns (which is improving and moving along with the market) but i cant wait for the supersonic to come out by HTC
    Last edited by TrinitY_PL; 03-09-10 at 02:09 AM.
    03-09-10 02:07 AM
    BB great for emails, texting, especially for business that are running exchange servers. iphones have issues with that.
    Actually thats exactly the opposite. BB's dont link to MS Exchange directly which the iphone can do natively. BB requires the company to have a BES server set up.

iphone can do any MS Exchange server, Gmail and yahoo have Exchange setups now, and theres always purchasing MobileMe which is Exchange.

There's no good setup for individual users on BB to sync with exchange without being part of a big corporation who run a BES server. BB individual usage is limited to BIS which is severely limited as what you can do with it besides basic send or receive email- no contact/calendar sync (itll do contacts through gmail exchange finally), no email folders, etc- all the good stuff why you would want exchange in the first place.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-09-10 at 02:15 AM.
    03-09-10 02:13 AM
    1. Actually thats exactly the opposite. BB's dont link to MS Exchange directly which the iphone can do natively. BB requires the company to have a BES server set up.

2. why you would want exchange in the first place.
    1. I have had manager at my work place not get the iphone for this reason, but i have no idea what BestBuy runs for the email service.

2. i dont lol
    03-09-10 12:43 PM
    Please see above.

The Pearl is limited for advanced Multi-media and things involving browsing, but it's great abroad and for messaging/teh mails. The iPhone has Skype now tho, soooo....

I do love my iPhone. In all honesty, I could let go of my pearl finally if not for the fact that I'm too scurred to unlock my iPhone for China Mobile.
    03-11-10 08:29 AM
    It's going to be different for everyone. I have the iPod Touch and my Blackerry Tour. I love the tour with a passion. I love how easy the texting is, as well as sending and receiving emails, the cool apps, and its just beautiful looking. So it's a great phone for business users.

The iPod/IPhone is nice for browsing, even more apps, its thin, sleek, and its just much funner to use for music, games, videos, etc. I can see the iPhone being a great phone but of course no phone is perfect, but the iPhone is much more ahead in technology than most blackberries.

It all depends on the person, but I think I am good for now in carrying the iPod Touch along with my blackberry.
    03-11-10 09:05 AM
    I have a Curve 8330 and an iPod Touch.
    03-12-10 01:38 PM
    It's going to be different for everyone. I have the iPod Touch and my Blackerry Tour. I love the tour with a passion. I love how easy the texting is, as well as sending and receiving emails, the cool apps, and its just beautiful looking. So it's a great phone for business users.

The iPod/IPhone is nice for browsing, even more apps, its thin, sleek, and its just much funner to use for music, games, videos, etc. I can see the iPhone being a great phone but of course no phone is perfect, but the iPhone is much more ahead in technology than most blackberries.

It all depends on the person, but I think I am good for now in carrying the iPod Touch along with my blackberry.
    I used to be the same way, carried an iTouch and a Curve 8310. Now that I have the iPhone I am really glad that I only have to carry one device that suites all of my needs. I am a big time text and email guy and the iPhone keyboard has really worked for me. Like you said it really is different for each person.
    03-12-10 02:17 PM
    I used to be the same way, carried an iTouch and a Curve 8310. Now that I have the iPhone I am really glad that I only have to carry one device that suites all of my needs. I am a big time text and email guy and the iPhone keyboard has really worked for me. Like you said it really is different for each person.
    I hated carrying around both my phone and iPod touch. It's just so much easier to carry an iPhone around.
    03-12-10 02:45 PM
    I hated carrying around both my phone and iPod touch. It's just so much easier to carry an iPhone around.
    I agree, though I still use my iTouch in the car, don't like having the music stop when the phone rings.
    03-12-10 03:18 PM
    Recently went to iPhone. Love the interface and being able to use Exchange for $15.00 less.

But to the heart of the post: I only carry an iPhone but carry it with it's griffin case on inside a Blacberry Bold 9000 holster. Works great!

Best of both protective worlds since you can't get insurance on the thing.
    03-12-10 09:45 PM
    I agree, though I still use my iTouch in the car, don't like having the music stop when the phone rings.
    Haha may I ask why? How do you talk on your phone and listen to music at the same time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 11:44 PM
    Haha may I ask why? How do you talk on your phone and listen to music at the same time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL Fair question, and I don't but this way I can decide if I want to take the call and not have it interfere with the music. Also I can walk and chew gum so it's not much of an issue. LOL
    03-13-10 12:12 AM
    LOL Fair question, and I don't but this way I can decide if I want to take the call and not have it interfere with the music. Also I can walk and chew gum so it's not much of an issue. LOL
    Whenever my phone rings while in the car, I just reject the call and get back to my music lol I dont like talking and driving at the same time. I admit, I dont concentrate well while talking on the phone and driving so I just dont.
    03-13-10 01:22 PM
    i have both an iphone 3g and a Tour. Im contemplating if i should switch to the iphone alone.

the user interface is just soooo much better

but my phone plan is..sooooo good on sprint lol
    ditto for me too...
    03-14-10 08:46 PM
    Right now there's no point in buying a 3GS really when the 4th generation should be out in 3-3.5 months.

I can say that the downfall of an iphone-only is the battery life is kind of poor. With gmail checking every hour and 1 exchange account, its hard to make it through the day without charging, which is disappointing.

Having a smartphone and an ipod touch really is the best of both worlds and you get 2 batteries in 2 phones that way so you wont drain either by the end of the day.
    03-14-10 09:10 PM
    i have both. i use my iphone mostly as an ipod these days. but i still love it. and i mod it constantly.
    03-15-10 12:41 AM
    i have iphone 3gs 32g and blod 9700 but using the iphone more
    03-24-10 05:52 AM
    Right now there's no point in buying a 3GS really when the 4th generation should be out in 3-3.5 months.

I can say that the downfall of an iphone-only is the battery life is kind of poor. With gmail checking every hour and 1 exchange account, its hard to make it through the day without charging, which is disappointing.

Having a smartphone and an ipod touch really is the best of both worlds and you get 2 batteries in 2 phones that way so you wont drain either by the end of the day.
    I completely agree with you. Apparently Apple will be coming out with the new 4G iPhone which will be compatible with Verizon and AT&T in June? I might consider it. I love having my BB because emails, texts and IMing is awesome with it.

But I have my iPod Touch for browsing, videos and music, but like you said.. The battery life blows lol. But since my work pays for my BB, if the new iPod comes out for Verizon as well, my deilemma on whether or not to get AT&T for the iPhone will be solved. Lol.
    03-24-10 09:00 AM
    I have the Curve 8530 and 32g iPod Touch. I carry both and use both and love both.
    03-24-10 11:14 AM
    I have a Storm and just got an iPod touch. I use the Storm for communication (including email since 1. Wi-fi on the Touch burns through the battery really fast and 2. I don't like the email interface on the iPod (other than the slick animations)).

I love my Storm, but I have to admit the interface is a little clunky when compared to the iPod. Nothing surprising there.

Safari does a decent job, but I've already discovered a couple of cloud server HTML interfaces that won't load on it. So it's not perfect, but what is?

Overall, I'm impressed with the iPod and would consider an iPhone if the price and network were right. Apple DID do the device very well. I'm not 100% converted, but an extremely satisfied customer.
    03-24-10 07:35 PM
    I have a BB Curve 8900 and iPhone 3GS.

I use my BB for business and my iPhone for fun.
    03-26-10 03:10 AM
    i have a bb 9700 & a iphone 3gs 32GB. I also use my BB for business and my iphone for personal usage... most of the time i call forward my iphone to my blackberry during work hours. kind of a pain to answer 2 phones lol.
    03-26-10 03:42 AM
209 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD