something like Mobile Me? Mobile Me is just Apple's exchange server, thats not the ONLY email that works with the iphone like the RIM servers are on the BB.

You can set up Gmail exchange or imap on the phone or any other email provider. There's no "BB outages" because all the data isnt from one set of servers. If one email provider is having an issue the rest work as do your data generally on your phone. One of RIM's big shortfalls, its all or nothing.

Exchange email is no less reliable than what RIM provides. RIM only provides access to your email provider, they arent an email provider (besides your carrier @blackberry.att.net address for example, which few people even use). Big difference than Apple who is the provider of the actual service for Mobile Me.

I find my personal exchange server is MUCH more reliable than RIM's BIS that has an outage every few weeks lately. Havent lost email service once in as long as I can remember, AND can have my email folders as well as calendar/contact sync without paying greedy RIM 1 penny more than the $30 data plan.

RIM really isnt the email king anymore. Corporations rely on them because they have better security and management (remote wipe, IT can restrict what you put on, etc). Its not necessarily a better email device anymore lacking features like- good HTML rendering, full email without truncation, bigger attachment size than measly 2mb, etc. It was the best email device for a long time, yes, but this was maybe 5+ years ago. Theyve been left behind in the technological dust in providing the best email experience.
    02-28-10 04:28 PM
    Iphone apeals to my fun side! The its more of an enternaiment phone my BB Bold 9000 is easier for emails and for the bsuiness aspect of things. The keyboard is also much easier to use. If there was a brand whom comined both phones I.e touch screen with kepad then that would be a clear winner for me. Untill then just have to carry both phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 08:03 PM
    I have a Storm 2 and iPhone 3G. I find my 9550 does anything the iPhone does but, better. The BlackBerry is just far more productive with the ability to multitask. I am running both phones on the EDGE network, because they are UNLOCKED and running on the TMO network.
    03-02-10 08:14 PM
    I just bought an iphone but I'm planning to hang on to my blackberry; probably switch between the two. There's just things that the iphone won't be able to do and the same with the BB.
    03-03-10 01:05 AM
    An Iphone is a great TOY PHONE, with some cool apps, no doubt. But a Blackberry is a much more functional device. No need to carry both....
    03-05-10 12:19 PM
    An Iphone is a great TOY PHONE, with some cool apps, no doubt. But a Blackberry is a much more functional device. No need to carry both....
    There is when you own your own business and need a seperate line that you can turn off while not open for business. For a business standpoint, the iPhone is actually quite helpful.. I can keep track of all my orders, track all my shipping, track all my balances and payments. Can even do so while using the phone (ie: if a customer asks about his shipping). It is much more than a TOY PHONE.. It's quite functional.
    03-05-10 12:21 PM
    Not an iPhone, but I carry a BB and an iPod Touch. Perfect combo for me!

I will never give up my BB because:

The bb is a perfect communication device with reliable service. All my contacts and important info plus photos, videos, voicenotes and quite a few documents are stored on the device and can be attached to emails. I email from my bb more than my laptop. And we communicate via text for work all day long. (I hate typing long emails/texts on my iPod Touch and I am still hitting the wrong keys occasionally when I try to type fast. I've noticed that most people who have switched iPhones have been sending me shorter, cryptic emails as well! ) Also, not all my email accounts can be linked to my iPod, but they are all on my BB. Can't download and save documents (in order to attach to new emails) on the iPod Touch so maybe you can't do that on the iPhone either. Most importantly, the ability to "forward as" is only available on the BB. I am constantly having to forward important info sent to me via text as an email. Quick and simple.

And ALL my music is stored on my BB. So easy to drag and drop music files onto my media card from my computer.

iPod Touch is a godsend because:

The iPod Touch is a mini-mini laptop with a great browser (which I can use for work-on-the-go) that has almost everything my laptop has (except flash player, the ability to upload files to websites, etc.). I never use the browser on my BB anymore and I am never able to connect to AppWorld so all "fun" stuff is now done on the iPod Touch when I have time. iTunes is kind of a pain for me to upload existing songs and files from my computer, but of course easy (TOO easy) to purchase new music and movies/tv shows.

And I like keeping my phone and browser separate.

So yes, I carry TWO devices. Three, if you count my portable mifi device which is the size of a credit card. (Well, a FAT credit card.) But it's not like I keep these in my pockets so not a problem for me. I carry a purse, after all!
    03-06-10 03:45 PM

The bb is a perfect communication device with reliable service. All my contacts and important info plus photos, videos, voicenotes and quite a few documents are stored on the device and can be attached to emails. I email from my bb more than my laptop. And we communicate via text for work all day long. (I hate typing long emails/texts on my iPod Touch and I am still hitting the wrong keys occasionally when I try to type fast. I've noticed that most people who have switched iPhones have been sending me shorter, cryptic emails as well! ) Also, not all my email accounts can be linked to my iPod, but they are all on my BB. Can't download and save documents (in order to attach to new emails) on the iPod Touch so maybe you can't do that on the iPhone either. Most importantly, the ability to "forward as" is only available on the BB. I am constantly having to forward important info sent to me via text as an email. Quick and simple.

And ALL my music is stored on my BB. So easy to drag and drop music files onto my media card from my computer.

The iPod Touch is a mini-mini laptop with a great browser (which I can use for work-on-the-go) that has almost everything my laptop has (except flash player, the ability to upload files to websites, etc.). I never use the browser on my BB anymore and I am never able to connect to AppWorld so all "fun" stuff is now done on the iPod Touch when I have time. iTunes is kind of a pain for me to upload existing songs and files from my computer, but of course easy (TOO easy) to purchase new music and movies/tv shows.

So yes, I carry TWO devices. Three, if you count my portable mifi device which is the size of a credit card. (Well, a FAT credit card.) But it's not like I keep these in my pockets so not a problem for me. I carry a purse, after all!
    I just got an iPhone because I love the speed of the browser, Twitter apps, etc., and don't like carrying around two devices when I can just do everything with my iPhone.
    03-06-10 03:52 PM
    I just got an iPhone because I love the speed of the browser, Twitter apps, etc., and don't like carrying around two devices when I can just do everything with my iPhone.
    i always carried two devices, even when it was just my 3gs. its always XXX+ipod classic.
    03-06-10 06:20 PM
    i always carried two devices, even when it was just my 3gs. its always XXX+ipod classic.

Yeah, I really don't mind carrying around more than one device. I actually prefer having my communication device and my browsing device separate. And I honestly can't do absolutely everything I need to do on a daily basis on an iPhone/iPod Touch alone.
    03-06-10 10:28 PM
    Yeah, I really don't mind carrying around more than one device. I actually prefer having my communication device and my browsing device separate. And I honestly can't do absolutely everything I need to do on a daily basis on an iPhone/iPod Touch alone.
    How come what are the limitations thats stopping you from doing everything on your iPhone? If its battery life i totally understand, if not can you explain.
    03-06-10 10:36 PM
    uum i got a storm1 and a ipod touch 8g i think is the best combination i got all the games and huge app store from iphone/apple kool wiifi and the storm is my phone with great email and bbm .. i go everywhere with both of them i may look high tech cooky and show off walking around with two huge touch screen devices every where but oh well i love them ( u guys know what i mean!!! show off!!!)
    03-06-10 10:49 PM
    uum i got a storm1 and a ipod touch 8g i think is the best combination i got all the games and huge app store from iphone/apple kool wiifi and the storm is my phone with great email and bbm .. i go everywhere with both of them i may look high tech cooky and show off walking around with two huge touch screen devices every where but oh well i love them ( u guys know what i mean!!! show off!!!)
    I know what you mean. I walk around with my iPhone in my 5th pocket logo side facing everyone with my headphones plugged in, and I'm rocking the white iPhone just to rub in my image.
    03-06-10 10:53 PM
    I used to carry around a phone and iPod touch, but after getting my iPhone, I had no need to carry two devices.
    03-06-10 11:19 PM
    the only different is that i love my blackberry so i am stuck with 2 devices =p as right now funny thing the blackberry got 500 songs and the ipod got 200 songs lol =/
    03-06-10 11:25 PM
    i always carry both my 8900 and my 3gs. i cant let go of the bb interface and beecouse it gets to the point. there is nothing like a physical keyboard imo and a long lasting reliable battery. my iphone drains really fast. but i use the iphone for browsing internet and apps
    03-07-10 05:15 PM
    I used to carry around a phone and iPod touch, but after getting my iPhone, I had no need to carry two devices.
    maybe when the iphone gets bumped up to 64gb then i'll be able to drop one.
    03-07-10 07:02 PM
    I have my BB and also an iPod touch. My work pays for my blackberry for work and personal use so I have been considering getting an iPhone and selling the iPod. I just love my Blackberry so much it has been hard to choose between the two. I am literally always on my blackberry. But I love what the iPhone has to offer. Its big screen, wi-fi, games, apps, I love the touchable screen and well my iPod pretty much helps with my boredom at work and other places.

Can anyone convince me to just finally get an iPhone?? Lol.
    03-07-10 11:05 PM
    Sure, theyre paying for it so itd only cost you what your normal cell would be anyways, not for 2.

If your company supports iphone (if thats the case) then it does everything a BB does. Also the email experience is much better, proper HTML email rendering, unlimited attachment size, get your folders and contact/calendar sync, full Gmail support, etc etc.

Youd probably be in the iphone just as much as the BB since it does everything the BB does but has better web browsing and apps for literally any type of work you do that could help you.

Why carry 2 devices when 1 can do the job, unless your work requires Blackberry.
    03-07-10 11:10 PM
    That's very true and also something I have thought about. The company I work for is nationwide and some people use AT&T and some use Verizon. I have thought about asking my boss about switching me to AT&T so I can get the iPhone and just use that for both. I dont use my iPod for emails but I have it set up to my gmail account and wow. Its so nice because I can access all folders and not just my Inbox.

Im going to talk to my boss about it sometime and see if its an option. If not then i'll just have keep thinking hard about carring both devices. I just love love love my Tour.
    03-07-10 11:14 PM
    I have done this in the past simply because I can never be satisfied with just one phone - lol

Always find it more beneficial to keep things fresh, switching up from time to time.
    03-08-10 10:44 AM
    I have both, and also a palm pre for sprint.
    Its for work. i get a great deal so why not have them all> see signature

I have the iPhone jail-broken and i do know some things here and there about jailbreaking and what you should do if something bad happens, If you would like you know about some cool repositories to download PM me.
    I do not know how to SSH, i dunno y, it never worked out for me
    Last edited by TrinitY_PL; 03-08-10 at 01:06 PM.
    03-08-10 01:03 PM
    I have both, and also a palm pre for sprint.
    Its for work. i get a great deal so why not have them all> see signature

I have the iPhone jail-broken and i do know some things here and there about jailbreaking and what you should do if something bad happens, If you would like you know about some cool repositories to download PM me.
    I do not know how to SSH, i dunno y, it never worked out for me
    How much do you pay a month for all 3 devices?
    If you don't mind me asking?
    In a few months I will be getting the iPhone & Keep my blackberry as well.
    03-08-10 01:19 PM
    I got 3gs and a bold 9700.. love em both.. But iPhone battery is naff lol..

I text and call from bb and email, apps games music on iphone..

Good combination
    03-08-10 01:46 PM
    How come what are the limitations thats stopping you from doing everything on your iPhone? If its battery life i totally understand, if not can you explain.

Battery life is no biggie because I actually carry around a plethora of chargers and plugs for all my devices with me so I can always re-charge. (I carry a pretty large purse!) Main reasons are that I can't type properly on the iPod/iPhone (I have nails!) and documents can't be saved and attached to emails, etc. I can't do the iPod's copy-paste very well. It takes me forever and it's still never right, always have to delete and re-type.

Also, for work, I need my texts to be able to be "forwarded as" other formats, etc. And not all my email accounts can be added to the iPod's email service. Don't know why. Not hating on the iPhone at all. I actually love it (well, I LOVE my iPod Touch) but it just doesn't work for everything for business for me. Another thing is that AT&T reception is horrible in my area so the iPhone as a phone was never an option for me anyway.

Most of this was posted a few posts above so you may have missed it:

03-08-10 02:45 PM
209 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD