I don't need 2 phones, so I have a Tour and a Touch. I use the Tour for calls (obviously), messaging and e-mail. I use the Touch for WiFi, Safari and music. Between the two I have everything I need.
    02-25-10 01:55 AM
    Next year for sure when (second year with) Rogers gives me up Hardware Upgrade.

I love both but I already paid $670 CAN for upgrading to 9700 (from 9000). I had the 3G touch 32GB but found it useless without the Network, Wi-Fi useless to me.
    02-25-10 02:15 AM
    I currently use both a Iphone and Blackberry 9700. Both have there own number. I use the BB primarily for work. I live and die by email. I use the iphone for more of a personal use. I have to say that i dont think i would be able to chose between one or the other. They are both great devices and have there strong and weak points. BB users that bash the iphone probably want it to do things that it doesnt, and iphone people that bash the bb probably want it to do things that it doesent. BB is by far a supirior business device, and the iphone is a supirior media device, combine them together and you have the best of both worlds. I love both devices and will continue to use both.
    02-25-10 10:58 AM
    i carry both
    but only because i use the iphone as an itouch. aside from the ipod and itunes store app, i use nothing on the phone. my blackberry can do all that, and better than the iphone can

life story time
    i got a blackberry like 2 months ago, i switched from a brand new 3gs. i hated that thing with every fiber in my being...kinda. texting sucked, you had to pay to get ringtones, calls dropped constantly, i had fewer bars everywhere than anyone with a different at&t phone. the touch screen, though i have to admit is way better than any other phones, is still very glitchy and annoys you very quickly.

iphone lacks customization as well. like i said before, you had to pay to get ringtones. but also, messaging tones werent changable at all, the os was uncustomizable unless you had it jailbroken,, etc.
    but good side now
    the ipod music player is very good, i love the setup, everything about it i love. also, ive dropped that phone so many times, not only just out of my pocket, but off the back of a flatbed truck on to the ground, with little external damage and no damage to the os or anything internal. im not sure if my bb could handle that.

i got the blackberry, have had it for 2 months like i said, and so far there are few cons i can think of. first off, the internet, even connected to wifi, is slow, especially compared to the iphone. also no youtube app. speaking of apps, the apps in apples app store are so much cheaper in price compared to blackberrys. also, though its not much, the os can be glitchy. but all of that is worth it, because not only do i barely ever go on the internet or download apps (on either phone), the blackberry has far more pros then cons.
    as for pros, just take everything bad i said i didnt like about the iphone...and flip it over.
    Last edited by alexmurphy; 02-25-10 at 12:35 PM.
    02-25-10 12:23 PM
    I have a question: I have a iphone 3GS and a BB 9700. If I choose to use the 9700 exclusively as my main phone and use the iphone as a touch, would I still be able to download any iphone OS updates when they are available for download ? There wouldn't be a SIM in the iphone, so would that be possible ?
    02-25-10 01:15 PM
    I have a question: I have a iphone 3GS and a BB 9700. If I choose to use the 9700 exclusively as my main phone and use the iphone as a touch, would I still be able to download any iphone OS updates when they are available for download ? There wouldn't be a SIM in the iphone, so would that be possible ?
    yes it is. the sim only connects you to phone and texts. and 3g/edge
    02-25-10 06:53 PM
    I carry a mytouch 3G and an iPhone, can't live without my droid!
    02-25-10 07:03 PM
    Stua11, I actually have an iPhone charger. A BB is a plain and simply a better phone for heavy use. In town and around the office, with light or medium use, iPhone all the way. Multiple charges during the day gets old after a while. Good suggestion though.
    02-25-10 08:26 PM
    I have an Iphone 3G personal an a BB8310 for work. I love using both
    02-26-10 05:18 PM
    I'll be switching back to the BB 9700 today and use my iphone as a "touch" ...The best of both worlds !
    02-27-10 12:24 PM
    What iphone do you have?

Sometimes better off selling the iphone for a premium on ebay and buying a touch. I know in my case I have a 32gb 3GS jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.2 (older bootrom that can be jailbroken) and they go for a premium now that the newers ones need tethered jailbreak. I could prob get $600 or so on ebay, and a 32gb touch is only 299 (250-300 profit)

Itd pay to value you iphone on what you could get for it and the touch might be cheaper and make you money
    02-27-10 12:42 PM
    i carry both
    but only because i use the iphone as an itouch. aside from the ipod and itunes store app, i use nothing on the phone. my blackberry can do all that, and better than the iphone can

life story time
    i got a blackberry like 2 months ago, i switched from a brand new 3gs. i hated that thing with every fiber in my being...kinda. texting sucked, you had to pay to get ringtones, calls dropped constantly, i had fewer bars everywhere than anyone with a different at&t phone. the touch screen, though i have to admit is way better than any other phones, is still very glitchy and annoys you very quickly.

iphone lacks customization as well. like i said before, you had to pay to get ringtones. but also, messaging tones werent changable at all, the os was uncustomizable unless you had it jailbroken,, etc.
    but good side now
    the ipod music player is very good, i love the setup, everything about it i love. also, ive dropped that phone so many times, not only just out of my pocket, but off the back of a flatbed truck on to the ground, with little external damage and no damage to the os or anything internal. im not sure if my bb could handle that.

i got the blackberry, have had it for 2 months like i said, and so far there are few cons i can think of. first off, the internet, even connected to wifi, is slow, especially compared to the iphone. also no youtube app. speaking of apps, the apps in apples app store are so much cheaper in price compared to blackberrys. also, though its not much, the os can be glitchy. but all of that is worth it, because not only do i barely ever go on the internet or download apps (on either phone), the blackberry has far more pros then cons.
    as for pros, just take everything bad i said i didnt like about the iphone...and flip it over.
    I COMPLETELY agree.. Im in the exact same situation and I do carry both the iphone and a blackberry (use to be a BOLD 9000 now I carry the Storm 2.. although I am wanting to go back to the BOLD it kicks the storm 2s ***)
    02-27-10 12:47 PM
    I have a 32G iphone 3gs on At&T (not jailbroken). I thought about selling the iphone and buying the touch but besides a few dollars, what would I gain by buying a ipod touch over using the 3GS as a "touch" ? Are there any restrictions using the iphone without a SIM on itunes ?
    02-27-10 01:09 PM
    the iphone and touch are really the same thing. I dont think the touch has gps or a mic. But on the other hand you could make easily $200+ on the deal too.
    02-27-10 01:51 PM
    I have a 32G iphone 3gs on At&T (not jailbroken). I thought about selling the iphone and buying the touch but besides a few dollars, what would I gain by buying a ipod touch over using the 3GS as a "touch" ? Are there any restrictions using the iphone without a SIM on itunes ?
    iPod Touch can do basically the same thing except phone, camera & gps.
    Actually...the iPod touch can use phone if you have a earphone mic..
    I have an iPod touch & I use truphone.
    I use blackberry mic for talking to people on the iPod.
    02-27-10 02:11 PM
    oh yeh forgot the camera lol

and the headphones have a mic

so yeh not loosing a ton really but can make some good money back in the process.
    02-27-10 02:14 PM
    It's definitely worth a thought. I guess my thought process is I'll always have the option of switching back if I want ....My wife would probably love for me to make some money back ...lol
    02-27-10 02:31 PM
    Hey guys!

I have a Blackberry 8520 and an iPhone 3G
    02-27-10 02:58 PM
    I'll be switching back to the BB 9700 today and use my iphone as a "touch" ...The best of both worlds !
    Not to beat this to death and I haven't read every page but I have a friend at work who just bought an Itouch to go along with his BB. He told me he liked how the touch played music and the games. Ok this is OK but to carry both with you? My BB plays music so I have this area of my life covered. What about games for myself; I have a gameboythat blows any itouch game out of the water. I really don't understand why carry both iphone or itouch together unless you have to have cell service.
    02-27-10 11:59 PM
    people are nuts to carry both an iphone and blackberry. the saying-the rich get richer, the poor get poorer is absolutely true.
    02-28-10 12:12 AM
    I have an iPhone 3GS and a Blackberry 8900. I use the blackberry for my small business calls, the push email and gps. I use my iPhone for personal calls, browsing the net and the apps..
    02-28-10 12:53 AM
    Chetan1285, why do you say people are nuts to carry both devices ? As good as the BB is with email, the iphone kills the BB with media apps. The ipod demolishes the BB music player, the integration with itunes for syncing purposes is so user friendly. I for one carry both. I have everything I need. I am using the iphone as a touch. Hey, if you can afford to have both, why not ?
    02-28-10 08:12 AM
    I curbed my appetite for the Iphone with an Itouch. It does everything but make phone calls. I use it and keep my Blackberry 9700. I have to admit I am very impressed with the touch screen on the Itouch. The only reason I don’t covert over to the Iphone is I don’t want to carry around a charger with me because of the lack of battery life on the Iphone.
    02-28-10 08:24 AM
    Chetan1285, why do you say people are nuts to carry both devices ? As good as the BB is with email, the iphone kills the BB with media apps. The ipod demolishes the BB music player, the integration with itunes for syncing purposes is so user friendly. I for one carry both. I have everything I need. I am using the iphone as a touch. Hey, if you can afford to have both, why not ?
    I don't get where phone say a BB is a great email device when emails get truncated.

Garbage if you ask me.
    02-28-10 04:00 PM
    I don't get where phone say a BB is a great email device when emails get truncated.

Garbage if you ask me.
    The email is far from perfect but people still tend to tout the reliability. IMO, it's no more reliable than any other smartphone especially when you have something like MobileMe for the iPhone.
    02-28-10 04:07 PM
209 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD