I have both. I uses the iPhone as an iPod and the berry for everything else. Waiting for the bold. Hopefully the media play on is it manageable, so i only have to use my bold.
    10-19-08 11:33 AM
    I have both. I uses the iPhone as an iPod and the berry for everything else. Waiting for the bold. Hopefully the media play on is it manageable, so i only have to use my bold.
    I don't think they will change until the Storm comes GSM.
    10-19-08 12:32 PM
    i just bought an iphone today, it looks like i will be carrying my blackberry as well. i would give anything to combine the two into one. blackberry has email figured out, apple has entertainment figured out. so im just going to carry two phones
    10-22-08 07:32 PM
    I have a gen 1 I-Phone and a Curve I got a few days ago. I'm having a hart time parting with the I-Phone though.
    10-23-08 07:15 AM
    Guilty.

I dig my iPhone a little better I think, but the Blackberry's email easily takes the cake.
    10-23-08 09:25 AM
    Aren't the phone bills a bit ridiculous though?
    10-23-08 11:40 AM
    Aren't the phone bills a bit ridiculous though?
    Depends on which plan you have. Company discounts are very helpful.
    10-23-08 12:12 PM
    Guilty.

I dig my iPhone a little better I think, but the Blackberry's email easily takes the cake.
    Are you using any push email services? If so, the email is basically even (better if you ask me due to the iPhones rich html email app), it is all about preference though.
    10-23-08 12:15 PM
    Are you using any push email services? If so, the email is basically even (better if you ask me due to the iPhones rich html email app), it is all about preference though.
    Yeah I definitely love the UI of the iPhones email app - its better by a large margin, but I like receiving my mail instantly without sacrificing battery life.
    10-23-08 02:53 PM
    Yeah I definitely love the UI of the iPhones email app - its better by a large margin, but I like receiving my mail instantly without sacrificing battery life.
    What do you mean? I receive email on my iPhone instantly and it does nothing to my battery.
    10-23-08 03:23 PM
    I use Gmail which doesn't support push without going through MobileMe to my knowledge. I have to set it to fetch every 15 minutes which according to Apple, will drain the battery quicker.

If you know a better way, please let me know. And no, I'm not being sarcastic - I really would like to know, haha.

I'm still immensely happy with my purchase either way.
    10-23-08 04:00 PM
    you could forward gmail messages to yahoo(which pushes)

i had mine set to fetch every 15 mins for AOL, the batt life is horrid anyways on the iphone, so i didn't mind it draining it. I just had a car charger handy at all times.
    10-23-08 08:46 PM
    I have an iphone & a curve. The browser on the iPhone is great & I love pandora radio. I have finally jailbroken the iPhone which was easy. Now I wonder how to put apps like bb alarms pro on the iPhone. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 10:47 PM
    okay as of thursday, december 11th, I'll have both a black AND a white iPhone 3G. My 8800 won't be used anymore.
    Last edited by techluvr1234; 12-03-08 at 04:02 PM.
    11-30-08 10:19 AM
    I hate having both but I use my iPhone as a multimedia playtoy while keeping my Storm and Bold for ultimate smartphone bragging rights. (Storm is work issued, Bold is personal issue)
    12-01-08 12:02 AM
    How do i get my me.com mail on my bb brower? help
    12-06-08 02:30 PM
    I have the curve 8330 and iphone 3g. The curve makes the better phone and perfect messaging device. The iphone with all of the cool apps and itunes software is clearly much more fun. I tried the curve and ipod touch for awhile, but the gps features and all the apps that work with it on iphone 3g make it a device to have everywhere you go, not just in wi-fi hot spots. Try Ms. Pac-man, Weather Channel app, face book, pandora radio, shazaam,and many others, and you will be hooked to apple. Many of the really good apps are free as well.
    Last edited by cbear2; 12-13-08 at 09:46 AM.
    12-13-08 09:43 AM
    okay. I got a white iPhone 3G 2 days ago. that's now my only device.
    12-13-08 10:59 AM
    I have both. The curve is much better as a business phone. The iphone is all about play. I cant quit playing "cookie solitaire". that is a very addictive iphone app. please bring it to the blackberry
    12-13-08 07:19 PM
    I have both. The curve is much better as a business phone. The iphone is all about play. I cant quit playing "cookie solitaire". that is a very addictive iphone app. please bring it to the blackberry
    People who say the iPhone is a toy seriously have no clue. As for iPhone being all about play that is totally not true either. I can do just as many things on my iPhone and more than I can do on the Bold. And I love bother phones but *most* BB users get really defensive when talking about the iPhone. Maybe they feel a bit threatened? Who knows...

There is plenty room in this world for all of the major platforms... even Windows Mobile...
    12-15-08 05:11 PM
    Just wondering how many people use both devices. I'm sure most of can admit (those that have actually use the devices for a while and not used their friends for 2 mins) both have their respective strengths. Why do you carry both devices? Is it because you liked both so much couldn't just pick one, you've always carried an ipod before so this is ever better or......?

Will there ever be 1 device that encompasses everything anyone could ever need in 1 package?

SOUND OFF!
    When the first gen iPhone arrived I had to have one. When the second gen iPhone was released, I had to have one (and no, I did not camp outside the local AT&T store for either device). When the Storm was released, I had to have one (bought unlocked from Ebay). In total I went through three iPhones (the first one I upgraded and the second two I broke...long stories...). I really liked the iPhone for a lot of reasons. There were applications that helped me in both the personal and business aspects of my life. The browser is second to none and no mobile cellular device I have ever owned. And, luckily, I didn't experience a lot of the problems many of the first adopters did with their units. Having said that, in my opinion, I like the Storm better. BlackBerry is synonymous with business. BlackBerry is built with the business-person in mind. While I believe the iPhone has great potential in the business world and comes in an oh-so-sexy package, there is just no comparison to a BlackBerry. Does the Storm have issues? Certainly. And issues that may come and bite me in the rear since I bought the phone outright and unlocked.

The best solution? Get a BlackBerry, and if you want the similar functionality of the iPhone, get an iPod touch. One phone bill, two sweet devices!
    12-17-08 12:04 AM
    I have my iPhone 3G for my biz line and the Bold for personal. I have the Bold as personal because I text and IM often. I love both phones that same and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.
    12-17-08 11:01 AM
    I have the iphone 3Gs 32GB (White) for personal use and the Blackberry 9700 (Bold) for work purpose) I love both my phones!
    02-08-10 05:46 AM
    I have an iPhone 3Gs 32GB Black for personal use and the BlackBerry Curve 8350i for work. Beside the outdated Nextel service, I love both my devices!
    02-08-10 07:47 AM
    Carried both until enough of us a work complained enough to dump the BB and go with iPhone as another option. I'm a happy camper now.
    02-08-10 08:32 AM
209 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD