So what if you're a laptop user and your Outlook isn't open all the time?
    With an Exchange server does it push email, contacts, Calendar and tasks?
    01-23-10 06:08 AM
    Don't confuse "lawyer" with "celebrity"

Lawyers may have secretaries and paralegals but those secretaries and paralegals don't always ride around with the attorney as an entourage.
    01-23-10 06:18 AM
    Don't confuse "lawyer" with "celebrity"

Lawyers may have secretaries and paralegals but those secretaries and paralegals don't always ride around with the attorney as an entourage.
    LOL best post yet

Lawyers using an iPhone has little to do with business.
    Unlike Lawyers I have to answer my own calls and schedule my own meetings. Good lawyers have people to do that for them.

Oh and a small important point...the iPhone performance on voice calls is medicocre at best..read the reviews

not bashing cause the iphone is a great device but the lawyer thing is laughable
    Little to do with business? Every client is a business transaction who pays for a service- sounds like a business to me.

And do CEOs and most "suits" not have secretaries? Kinda kills your argument there. That has nothing to do with using the phone for business either, even CEOs still make phone calls personally and are human beings like the rest of us outside the office.

In fact even at large firms you dont get your own 24/7 personal assistant like a multi-millionaire CEO, there might be a few secretaries for the whole firm who direct calls. So the argument makes even less sense because the suits are CEOs likely have the personal assistants youre thinking of who do everything for them. I think someone has been watching a little too much TV because real life lawyering isnt like TV.

I dont need to read a review i actually OWN the phone unlike most bashers of it.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-23-10 at 07:17 AM.
    01-23-10 07:06 AM
    So what if you're a laptop user and your Outlook isn't open all the time?
    With an Exchange server does it push email, contacts, Calendar and tasks?
    Outlook runs in the background and if your laptop is off then it will sync when you turn you computer on even if you don't open Outlook. My work computer IS a laptop PC.

Work - Laptop PC
    Home- Desktop Mac
    Mobile - iPhone
    Ability to sync everything seamlessly - Priceless.
    01-23-10 09:20 AM
    You don't have to use the MobileMe e-mail in order for calendar and contacts to sync OTA. Just select off (Mail) from MobileMe (iPhone) and or the MobileMe control panel on PC (Outlook etc.).

Right now I do use MobileMe for my personal in addition to my work e-mail on a separate server. All my contacts and calendars sync with my outlook (main work calendar) to my pc, my mac and iPhone all push. I input it once and its everywhere else instantly OTA no matter where I initially input. I can input from my iPhone and it will show on my work Outlook PC etc.

Not sure if I answered your question but if Outlook per say in connected to your work exchange it should work. Exchange pushes to Outlook pushes to MobileMe pushes to iPhone and vice versa... seems like a lot but it really does push nearly instantaneously.

I also have my Google Calendar in sync with Outlook at work and my iPhones calendar.. everything is in sync with no duplicates and only one initial input.
    do you have to pay for mobile me or is it part of purchasing any iphone? if you do have to pay for it can you get it cheaper somewhere or only through At&T?
    01-23-10 10:46 AM
    Its funny people think Iphones make a good buinsness phone.....

Iphones can do a lot of things, but being a buisness phone it can never be
    01-23-10 12:09 PM

why is that?
    01-23-10 01:48 PM

Who are you to decide this? I see PLENTY of people in the business world using iPhones, actually tons and the numbers keep growing year by year. I'm pretty sure you have no clue what you are talking about.

Seeing that the iPhone works better with exchange than the BB platform, is extremely fast and has tons of useful apps dedicated towards the business, medical and other fields of work, I think you are dead wrong.

It is all about how the user uses their device.
    01-23-10 01:54 PM
    because thats his personal opinion so it MUST be right and MUST apply to everyone out there
    01-23-10 01:54 PM
    I phone = toy

BB= tool

Droid= DOES !
    01-23-10 01:57 PM
    I phone = toy

BB= tool

Droid= DOES !
    Now you sound like an idiotic fanboy.
    01-23-10 02:04 PM
    Wow, the trolls are out today! LOL.

Actually, I have both an iPhone 3G and a BB Curve 8900. While I love the 8900, it cannot compare to my iPhone in the medical field. Lots of excellent medical apps for iPhone, next to nothing for BB. (not all business is working in an office).

Just one opinion.
    01-23-10 03:29 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD