I will be getting my first iPhone when the 4 comes out and was wondering how crazy the pre-orders are online...do they start at midnight? And is it something where you really have to sit there at 11:59 and be the first one or you will loose out? I will be having it shipped.

I feel like most will wait in line because they want it now, but i have never dealt with the iPhone craze that the release always comes with...

One other question, can you have the phone shipped to an address that isnt your billing address?

Thanks guys.
    06-07-10 08:52 PM
    On top of this, if you order from Apple does it ship on release day or does it arrive on release day?
    06-07-10 09:24 PM
    I think it arrives on release day.
    06-07-10 09:33 PM
    I think it arrives on release day.
    Thats what i have heard, or when it comes available which lets hope is that day.

Im just trying to figure out how "crazy" it is trying to pre-order..
    06-07-10 09:39 PM
    It will be less crazier than in stores, I would just order in the a.m.
    06-07-10 09:41 PM
    It will be less crazier than in stores, I would just order in the a.m.
    Can you order to a different address then your billing?
    06-07-10 09:49 PM
    so if you preorder can you pick it up at an apple store or do they have to deliver it to an adress?
    06-07-10 10:10 PM
    Can you order to a different address then your billing?
    sure you can. there's a billing address and a ship to address.
    06-07-10 10:55 PM
    I hope I dont go thru any of that madness. I plan on just getting it a week or two later.
    06-08-10 03:18 AM
    Exactly what time on 6/15 will the pre-orders go live on the Apple Store website?
    06-08-10 03:58 AM
    so if you preorder can you pick it up at an apple store or do they have to deliver it to an adress?
    You can do both. Reserve it for pickup or have it shipped. If reserved for pickup, you are good to go. You would select the store you want to pick it up and the store will put aside the number of reservations they have so they won't sell them. I know at my local store they have had 2 lines when the 3GS and ipad came out, 1 for reservations and the other for everyone else.

I don't want any part of going to the store. I'm ordering mine for delivery. Got my 3GS last year 10:30am on release day. I don't feel like dealing with the madness. You can activate everything right over iTunes.
    06-08-10 10:53 AM
    Question for those who may know from experience. Are pre-orders on the Apple Store website ONLY for new customers and for those still in contract eligible for the full subsidized price?

My contract won't be up for over a year (November 2011). So can I still pre-order on the Apple site for the $399 early upgrade price or must I do that via AT&T?
    06-08-10 11:19 AM
    Question for those who may know from experience. Are pre-orders on the Apple Store website ONLY for new customers and for those still in contract eligible for the full subsidized price?

My contract won't be up for over a year (November 2011). So can I still pre-order on the Apple site for the $399 early upgrade price or must I do that via AT&T?
    No. Pre-orders are for everyone regardless of upgrade eligibility. The site will ask you to put in your phone number and it will verify what price you are eligible for. Whether it's 200, 400 or 600, you can pre-order it.
    06-08-10 11:30 AM
    No. Pre-orders are for everyone regardless of upgrade eligibility. The site will ask you to put in your phone number and it will verify what price you are eligible for. Whether it's 200, 400 or 600, you can pre-order it.
    Thanks a lot there.

One fear of mine currently is that I was on BB then Pre+, which I returned. So now I'm on an old Moto feature phone with an Unlimited Data Plan

If I choose the early upgrade, I know I'll need the 2-year extension, but what about data? Will pre-ordering through the website automatically switch me to the new $25/2GB data plan? Or will I keep my current data plan with the only addition being the new 2-year?

I've never used over 500mb of data (on BB, iPhone, or Pre+), but knowing I don't have a limit (well, at least 5GB) is nice.
    06-08-10 11:36 AM
    Thanks a lot there.

One fear of mine currently is that I was on BB then Pre+, which I returned. So now I'm on an old Moto feature phone with an Unlimited Data Plan

If I choose the early upgrade, I know I'll need the 2-year extension, but what about data? Will pre-ordering through the website automatically switch me to the new $25/2GB data plan? Or will I keep my current data plan with the only addition being the new 2-year?

I've never used over 500mb of data (on BB, iPhone, or Pre+), but knowing I don't have a limit (well, at least 5GB) is nice.
    Preordering does nothing to your data. Once you get the one and hook it up to iTunes for activation it will give you info about your data plan and if you need to change it. I'm not 100% sure but I think since you already have an unlimited data plan you won't have to change it. But then again, I don't know if that was for people with unlimited iPhone data plans and not other ones. You may have to call and double check that part. But I know if anyone already has a unlimited iPhone plan, they won't have to switch. Not sure exactly what the rules are for those on different data plans even though they are unlimited.
    06-08-10 11:42 AM
    I upgraded someone from a bb to an iphone today and they were able to keep unlimited data, so I guess the grandfather rule goes across platforms.
    06-08-10 01:20 PM
    I upgraded someone from a bb to an iphone today and they were able to keep unlimited data, so I guess the grandfather rule goes across platforms.
    Good info. It does make sense that if as long as you have some kind of unlimited data you can switch between unlimited plans especially since they stated that you can keep it when changing/upgrades devices. Since the devices have different codes, they would assume that some people will change platforms and to keep their plan.

Just don't switch to a different plan and then try to go back to unlimited. I don't think that's happening.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-08-10 at 04:49 PM.
    06-08-10 02:28 PM

Just don't switch to a different plan and then try to go back to unlimited. I don't think that's happening.
    Exactly. And i have to admit, I was really surprised it worked that way.
    06-08-10 04:17 PM
    I just want to know exactly what time the pre-orders go live on the apple store website.
    06-08-10 04:39 PM
    I just want to know exactly what time the pre-orders go live on the apple store website.
    I would think that morning. I'm just going to visit the site first thing when I wake up around 7am EST. Last year I ordered the 3GS sometime in the evening when pre-orders started and I was good. I'm sure, Apple will let people know when they can begin pre-ordering.
    06-08-10 05:02 PM
    I called Apple this afternoon. No word on the pre-order time yet. Rep said to check the Apple store website or call in the upcoming days for more info.

I would think that morning. I'm just going to visit the site first thing when I wake up around 7am EST. Last year I ordered the 3GS sometime in the evening when pre-orders started and I was good. I'm sure, Apple will let people know when they can begin pre-ordering.
    06-08-10 06:10 PM
    they have two lines for pickup
    one for pre-order and one for non-pre ordered customers
    06-08-10 06:38 PM
    Thanks a lot for the info guys. I think I'm gonna save myself the hassle and recklessness by pre-ordering next Tuesday.
    06-08-10 08:26 PM
    I spoke with an ATT store manger yesterday because I am using my girlfriend's upgrade for an Iphone. I have an unlimited data plan, bb, and he said I would have to chose one of the new plans that are out. I'm still going to try to keep it but if not it should be ok because I don't use a lot of data.
    06-09-10 09:35 AM
    I have a upgrade question, rather post it here then to make a new thread.... I am currently with Orange Romania, checked their website about when they will be offering the iPhone 4 (they are the iPhone carrier here) and I found nothing mentioned, just the same old G3s stuff. Does anyone know when the 4 will be dropped here in Europe? I did call them but talking to a sales rep is like talking to a brickwall, they do not know anything about anything....Thx
    06-09-10 11:14 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD