I had the 9650 and got annoyed because I couldnt do some things like browse the web properly and it didnt have good banking options (deposit check by taking a pic).

I feared the virtual keyboard because when I borrowed a friends iPhone to check-in online for a flight that I was almost late for (couldnt do it on my BB), I felt like a fish out of water trying to use the keyboard. But I knew I had to get rid of my 9650.
    I got the iPhone when it first came to Verizon, it took me a couple months or more to get proficient. The thing thats helping me out the most was the automatic spell check. although it can mess you up sometimes, it was way better than the BB that I was using. I mean, I can type a whole bunch of wrong letters and i felt like the phone knew exactly what im trying to type %90 of the time. I type faster on the Iphone.

I started typing/ texting with the phone in potrait since I figured it would be harder than landscape but I got so used to doing that with the one thumb typing that I would probably be slower with the phone landscape, using both hands and the bigger letters.
    So all im saying is that it was easy for me to adapt even though I was extremely extremely scared and apprehensive about investing in an iPhone...
    09-17-11 12:28 AM
    I switched from a Storm2 to the iPhone so the transition wasn't that hard... I owned two curves prior to the storm2.

Truth is, typing on a touchscreen was never going to be better than that of a physical keyboard for me, but what was more frustrating was that fact soooooo many apps I needed/wanted just weren't available for blackberry, particulary the storm2! I was always getting app envy!

End of the day, yes the app store has over 100,000 or whatever apps... but really no one is forcing anyone to stock pile apps! If YOU only find ten thats useful...then fine... whats the problem? people always talk about having choices...therefore thats how the appstore delivers.

Plus I find typing on the iPhone4 is a much better experience than the storm2's crappy surepress
    09-19-11 05:36 AM
    ^^^^ hey I resemble that remark. Lol. I happen to like surepress.
    09-22-11 10:11 PM
    Okay just to add to this thread and make it simple. Blackberry is number one for Text, Email, and Calls thats all. I have not seen blackberry do anything else within the OS that the iPhone can't. iPhone is just simply a greater phone all around. The keyboards will eventually die out and it will all be touch screen. It will just take some time and also the iPhone and Androids out number the Blackberry in almost every aspect except for keyboard, texting, emailing, and calls. iOS and Android are more supportive towards developers. Blackberry has to much focus on their little fancy keyboards instead of supporting their developers. The phone can have the fastest processor, massive amount of memory and ram, all the landscape for viewing, but it will not and never be anything without developers. Developers are the ones who make the product. Just like a car it is nothing without the driver. Don't get me wrong I own a bold 9900 and have owned almost every well known phone out there, but the IMO the iPhone out runs all of them.
    09-23-11 12:27 AM
    Okay just to add to this thread and make it simple. Blackberry is number one for Text, Email, and Calls thats all. I have not seen blackberry do anything else within the OS that the iPhone can't. iPhone is just simply a greater phone all around. The keyboards will eventually die out and it will all be touch screen. It will just take some time and also the iPhone and Androids out number the Blackberry in almost every aspect except for keyboard, texting, emailing, and calls. iOS and Android are more supportive towards developers. Blackberry has to much focus on their little fancy keyboards instead of supporting their developers. The phone can have the fastest processor, massive amount of memory and ram, all the landscape for viewing, but it will not and never be anything without developers. Developers are the ones who make the product. Just like a car it is nothing without the driver. Don't get me wrong I own a bold 9900 and have owned almost every well known phone out there, but the IMO the iPhone out runs all of them.
    Ding you hit the nail on the head. The only other really important function on the phone other than calls is navigation to me. That is why my 64 gig iPad after 5+ months of ownership has exactly 15 apps. Zero I use daily. Mostly use it for browsing and it is very convenient for that, although mobile safari has it's limits.
    09-23-11 07:04 AM
    Ding you hit the nail on the head. The only other really important function on the phone other than calls is navigation to me. That is why my 64 gig iPad after 5+ months of ownership has exactly 15 apps. Zero I use daily. Mostly use it for browsing and it is very convenient for that, although mobile safari has it's limits.
    I am same as you in a way. When I had my iphone 4 i only used a few apps daily. Although I do like the variety of applications and their solid flow of functionality. My blackberry does me justice. I just sometimes wish I had the apps that the iPhone has thats all...
    09-23-11 05:47 PM
    I have to side with the other guy. Surepress is a good concept but it does not work well on the 9550. Combine with suretype and surelag and you have a suretyphone. Only one thing is sure, the hardware sure is slow. I use the BB browser to enter in my mileage at the pump with Fuelly and I can usually fill up the car before the browser can open the webpage. Think about that for a moment, and I've been doing this for over two years. This is theapy to talk **** about this phone. Even my wife who has the patience of a saint said she almost threw her phone the other day. Yeah, we both have 9550s. And the only reason we picked it was the brand recognition. I did absolutely no research coming back from overseas, we thought, hey Obama has one, how bad can it be? Shame on me.

^^^^ hey I resemble that remark. Lol. I happen to like surepress.
    09-23-11 08:07 PM
    I have to side with the other guy. Surepress is a good concept but it does not work well on the 9550. Combine with suretype and surelag and you have a suretyphone. Only one thing is sure, the hardware sure is slow. I use the BB browser to enter in my mileage at the pump with Fuelly and I can usually fill up the car before the browser can open the webpage. Think about that for a moment, and I've been doing this for over two years. This is theapy to talk **** about this phone. Even my wife who has the patience of a saint said she almost threw her phone the other day. Yeah, we both have 9550s. And the only reason we picked it was the brand recognition. I did absolutely no research coming back from overseas, we thought, hey Obama has one, how bad can it be? Shame on me.
    Agreed, the browser stinks on my S2, especially compared to the ipad. However, in a pinch before the ipad it has served me well. The new crop of BBs running os7 should rectify that issue.
    09-23-11 10:41 PM
    None if the reports / tests I've seen so far suggests this has been dealt with at all.

I really don't mind Apple (and it's Macoyltes) insisting that the iPhone is the greatest smartphone out there, but with that one hopes they'll include features that are a matter of course on other platforms, like BB.
    For a company that makes a point of stating their products are user-friendly, lapses like this are awfully counter-intuitive and not very business productivity friendly.
    I've always thought this is a dumb way to do things as well.
    But there is a possible solution: Make Noise on the Net.

Prior to IOS/iP4, the biggest complaints, all over the Internet, were battery life and multitasking.
    Apple addressed these.

In the last year, the most common complaint, posted thousands of times?
    Notifications, which are now being addressed.

If everyone complains about improving attachments, apple will likely improve that as well.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 09-24-11 at 11:31 AM.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-24-11 11:28 AM
    I've always thought this is a dumb way to do things as well.
    But there is a possible solution: Make Noise on the Net.

Prior to IOS/iP4, the biggest complaints, all over the Internet, were battery life and multitasking.
    Apple addressed these.

In the last year, the most common complaint, posted thousands of times?
    Notifications, which are now being addressed.

If everyone complains about improving attachments, apple will likely improve that as well.
    Power to the people!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-24-11 04:59 PM
    After 3 years of using a BB with a physical keyboard, and one year with an HTC EVO, I found the iPhone very easy to adapt to. I have used Mac computers in the past, and have played with many iPod Touch devices. It seems funny to ME anyways, but I now find a physical keyboard rather hard to use. I also found that I can type easier on the iPhone compared to the EVO, despite the considerably smaller screen size. I make less mistakes on the iPhone anyways.
    09-25-11 02:56 PM
    I have used almost all brands as i am very fond of the smartphones, but iPhone 4 is just amazing. I mean there is no replacement of it, it's just a device what i needed. Ya but there is one phone which will/can replace it and it is iPhone 5. Waiting for it to launch..........
    10-01-11 09:36 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD