I have never used an all touch device, but I'm getting tempted by the iphone5. I'm frustrated by the lack of certain apps that I can't get on my BB-for example, my bank and pharmacy both have apps available only for iphone and droid.
    I upgraded to the new Bold 9930 last week and I'm not loving it. I don't enjoy the browsing experience at all on this thing...love the keyboard, but that's about it.
    I've used my son's ipod touch a few times and trying to type on it frustrates me, so does that mean that an iphone isn't for me? How many of you thought that you could never not have a physical keyboard, but are now loving the iphone? How long does it take to adapt??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 06:36 AM
    it will take about 2 weeks for your muscle memory to catch up. then typing is a breeze and wait until you use the browser........
    09-01-11 06:45 AM
    I came to Iphone from a storm, so typing for me wasnt an issue at all....and not bashing BB, but yes, so many of my banking, news, work needs etc had no BB apps but do for apple, so makes life much easier....Big miss is the LED light, but you get over that too. (though the rumor is OS 5 will have that option.)
    09-01-11 07:36 AM
    iOS 5 has the ability to flash the led on the iPhone 4 but it's the camera one...I believe the iPhone5 will have a small led on the front.
    09-01-11 08:10 AM
    I hate typing on glass. I love sure press and sure type. I'm probably the exception but I find myself correcting almost every other word on either my ipad or my family's iphones. (when I use them)

I don't know what I'm going to do when I upgrade my s2 to the next model. I might have to go a phone that has a physical keyboard. Additionally with the "ten billion" apps in the app store, after 4 months of having the ipad, I can only find about 10 that I find useful. My s2 has more.
    09-01-11 08:12 AM
    I've had almost every BlackBerry AT&T has offered. Switched to the i4 last August. As AP said, it takes about two weeks to get the hang of it, but once you do you'll wonder why you didn't switch sooner.
    09-01-11 08:44 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Sick of apps not being available for BlackBerry. I hear you get used to the keyboard after a couple weeks. I might make the switch to iPhone as well (even though I've held out on buying any Apple products thus far).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 08:45 AM
    i agree it takes about 2 weeks to get used to it. For me i thought i would need a KB so i went from blackberry to the original droid because it had a slide out KB. Well it came to be that i was able to type faster using the on screen KB then the physical one. Now im on the iphone4 and i can type without even looking at the screen now.
    09-01-11 09:13 AM
    Thought I would miss the keyboard when I switched, but I didn't. Tried using the keyboard on my old 9700 and missed the touch screen. You will get used to it. It's frustrating at times, but well worth it.

Only thing I really miss is the led. If that's addressed with the iPhone 5, I will be a happy camper.
    09-01-11 10:00 PM
    Thought I would miss the keyboard when I switched, but I didn't. Tried using the keyboard on my old 9700 and missed the touch screen. You will get used to it. It's frustrating at times, but well worth it.

Only thing I really miss is the led. If that's addressed with the iPhone 5, I will be a happy camper.
    I agree. I'm hoping Apple Inc gives us some sort of visual notification like the Berry blinking LED, my HTC Inspire had it and I like it.
    09-01-11 10:16 PM
    I agree. I'm hoping Apple Inc gives us some sort of visual notification like the Berry blinking LED, my HTC Inspire had it and I like it.
    I think it's a toss-up right now. Supposedly yes, but then latest casing leaks suggest no, it won't.

It's definitely a nice feature to just glance over at your phone and see what kind of messages you have. On the other hand, I use my phone so often that it's not a dealbreaker for me.
    09-01-11 10:27 PM
    It took me about a week to adjust coming from a bb curve to a bold 9700 then torch . Very easy to use now
    09-07-11 09:08 PM
    how do you all handle not being able to "delete from handheld" like on the BlackBerry, on the iPhone?
    Last edited by designatedd; 09-08-11 at 01:09 AM.
    09-07-11 11:58 PM
    I've tried these devices and come to the conclusion that alot of these apps, while nice, are not worth the sacrifice.

I really like my Blackberry, its something that allows me to communicate quickly and efficiently, the email simplicity and speed of use is still yet to be rivalled, and probably never will be.

I like simple and fast. I pick my device up, I do what I need to, then I put it back down again until the next time I need to use it or until it beeps at me.

The iPhone is very fast. Everything opens super quick, everything looks real pretty, but input is a drag and the email is poor, so that just leaves pretty and I cant remember the last time my working day involved gazing longingly at my phone.

And of the 100,000+ apps on the site, 99% are utter whippet ****
    09-08-11 12:30 AM
    I've tried these devices and come to the conclusion that alot of these apps, while nice, are not worth the sacrifice.

I really like my Blackberry, its something that allows me to communicate quickly and efficiently, the email simplicity and speed of use is still yet to be rivalled, and probably never will be.

I like simple and fast. I pick my device up, I do what I need to, then I put it back down again until the next time I need to use it or until it beeps at me.

The iPhone is very fast. Everything opens super quick, everything looks real pretty, but input is a drag and the email is poor, so that just leaves pretty and I cant remember the last time my working day involved gazing longingly at my phone.

That's for individual users to determine : YMMV

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 12:52 AM
    Still working on the keyboard issue after a couple of months, but using it landscape mode helps a lot.
    If there is a significant 'fail' on the iPhone (and iPad) it's that it's Mail program is incapable of adding attachments (to replies or new mail) from within the program. Files must be sent individually from within the applicable program - say like Photos or Pages. This is so unlike the capabilities of BB and suggests the iOS is simply not meant for any real business intentions.
    09-08-11 08:21 AM

I agree with you on this. But if everybody felt like this apple stock would be a penny stock.

I do not like typing on the iphone and I find the quality of the voice of the viphone not would I would be expecting. The apps mean zero to me.

That doesn't negate the fact, the ipad2 is a nice device, with a lot of compromises. They all have compromises, you pick the device that has the least for you.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-08-11 08:32 AM
    Still working on the keyboard issue after a couple of months, but using it landscape mode helps a lot.
    If there is a significant 'fail' on the iPhone (and iPad) it's that it's Mail program is incapable of adding attachments (to replies or new mail) from within the program. Files must be sent individually from within the applicable program - say like Photos or Pages. This is so unlike the capabilities of BB and suggests the iOS is simply not meant for any real business intentions.
    That's very interesting about not being able to add attachments within the mail app. Has this been changed in any of the iOS 5 Beta Releases?
    09-08-11 07:21 PM
    None if the reports / tests I've seen so far suggests this has been dealt with at all.

I really don't mind Apple (and it's Macoyltes) insisting that the iPhone is the greatest smartphone out there, but with that one hopes they'll include features that are a matter of course on other platforms, like BB.
    For a company that makes a point of stating their products are user-friendly, lapses like this are awfully counter-intuitive and not very business productivity friendly.
    Last edited by Bazza1; 09-09-11 at 07:31 AM.
    09-09-11 07:24 AM
    It is still challenging for me to type on the iPhone - maybe because of my longish nails. I can text well and love the many other functions. I use the BB for all email accounts. Maybe I just need more practice. On the BB I can type pretty well without looking.
    09-09-11 12:41 PM
    its not hard to adapt.but typing speed of accuracy can vary on all touch device against a physical keyboard device.but if you get the hang of it after a few months usage,then you can type the same as you would on a physical keyboard device.i did get myself an iphone 4 last year just for fun.i tried to match my physical keyboard speed on it.and guess what,i could have if i played with it more for months but i returned mine after a few days. the reason was not anything about the full touch screen.it was because of the "feel" of the iphone 4 in my hands.i just couldn't adapt to that.when i tested it side by side to an iphone 3gs,i loved the 3gs's feel in my hands.apple should have a better feel for the iphone 5.
    09-09-11 08:55 PM
    I've gotten used to all touch to the point of not typing on physical keyboards

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 10:35 PM
    Can I order Chipolte,reserve a Redbox movie for my 3 screaming kids and refill 4 prescriptions and pay my mortgage on my Blackberry all between 5 and 5:05?

That's why I'm pretty sure I'm getting an iPhone 5. I just can't turn my head and pretend this stuff isn't functional for my life. I guess if you don't eat meals, rent movies, take prescription drugs or own a home there are probably not any apps that Blackberry is missing that you would find useful.
    09-14-11 05:42 PM
    Can I order Chipolte,reserve a Redbox movie for my 3 screaming kids and refill 4 prescriptions and pay my mortgage on my Blackberry all between 5 and 5:05?

That's why I'm pretty sure I'm getting an iPhone 5. I just can't turn my head and pretend this stuff isn't functional for my life. I guess if you don't eat meals, rent movies, take prescription drugs or own a home there are probably not any apps that Blackberry is missing that you would find useful.
    I have an ipad 2 and I have no interest in doing that on the ipad. However, I can search thousands of emails all synced into the proper folders and find a needle in a haystack in seconds. on my BB.

My pharmacy auto-renews my subscriptions, I can order netflix DVDS on pretty much any browser and I don't go to Chipolte. lol.

The email is why I love my BB, different strokes for different folks. I have three iphones in the family. Nothing against the iphone, it's just not for me.
    Miz.Michele and lssanjose like this.
    09-14-11 06:56 PM
    FWIW, i came from a BB to iP4 and left iP4 because of the touchscreen keyboard. I never got used to it after 10 months. I'm one of those people that need keys for typing. I also found it incredibly annoying when the virtual keyboard occupies ~75% of the screen.

Swipe on Android made it much more bearable to type on a touchscreen. Maybe there is a similar app for iphones. Touchscreens can be very nice and fast for certain tasks, but for me, typing was not one of them.
    09-16-11 11:54 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD