Before 3.0 I used to be able to use my iPhone while on the BB data plan. Now it seems after 3.0, I'm not able to. I get some message saying I'm not subscribed to data services (this was yesterday) and now today, I don't even get the EDGE icon anymore. I have done all the resets and everything, but I wanted to know if anyone else has or is running into this?
    06-23-09 10:00 PM
    n ur iphone go to settings then to general then to network then data network on apn type epc.tmobile.com then go to home screen restart ur iphone and it should work now let me know if this helps
    06-24-09 08:19 PM
    Before 3.0 I used to be able to use my iPhone while on the BB data plan. Now it seems after 3.0, I'm not able to. I get some message saying I'm not subscribed to data services (this was yesterday) and now today, I don't even get the EDGE icon anymore. I have done all the resets and everything, but I wanted to know if anyone else has or is running into this?
    n ur iphone go to settings then to general then to network then data network on apn type epc.tmobile.com then go to home screen restart ur iphone and it should work now let me know if this helps
    He's on AT&T, but I believe a similar thing needs to be done for AT&T... I just can't remember specifically. I can check when I get home, but someone will probably come along with it long before I'm able to do that...
    06-25-09 05:44 PM
    iPhone OS 3.0 (7A341) Kills Any “Non-iPhone Data Plan” (Yeah right. I’ve got you covered!) - You will find your fix within...
    06-25-09 10:28 PM
    the iphone will popup a msg saying you need the proper data plan etc etc every so often..
    06-25-09 10:56 PM
    Thanks a ton everyone! I'll try it out when I get home, iPhones not with me. Its really appreciated.

@skoojam, I think you're talking about the notification text from AT&T right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 11:00 PM
    yes im talkin bout that text from att i used to get it nonstop when i used the $15.00 month plan on the orginal 3g iphone. it was very annoying i used to get it once a day
    06-25-09 11:12 PM
    I know someone who called in and told AT&T that they were going to continue using a BB data plan with their iPhone and that they were tired of receiving the texts. He said that the AT&T rep said "no problem, I'll turn off the solicitation feature for you." Might be something worth trying...

06-25-09 11:15 PM
    hmm thanks alot ill try that! i even tried to change my phone imei on their system, i dont feel i should have to pay $15.00 for VVM when it doesnt even work half the time..its taking me 2days to get VVMs youmail takes 10secs
    06-25-09 11:26 PM
    Thanks a ton everyone! I'll try it out when I get home, iPhones not with me. Its really appreciated.

@skoojam, I think you're talking about the notification text from AT&T right?

Did it work out for you?
    06-26-09 01:20 PM
    Did it work out for you?
    It worked perfectly. Thanks again!
    06-28-09 07:56 PM
    Good find sandos! I was getting pissed the eff off.
    06-28-09 08:47 PM
    Hey... I got a sticky... Sort of...

EDIT: Guess not.
    Last edited by sandos; 07-06-09 at 06:26 PM.
    06-30-09 01:51 PM
    Oh, and by the way... The same thing can be accomplished by changing the ipcc file to the 5.0 version as detailed here. Once you've done it you just need to add in the typical WAP login info under mobile data:

wap.cingular
    [email protected]
    CINGULAR1

Basically Apple or AT&T (not sure who, but probably AT&T) crippled the user input for the APN settings on the standard ipcc (carrier file)... I would recommend this method if you want to use MMS, but I have discovered that AT&T has improved their shut off for MMS on iPhones, because even with a BIS data plan with MMS provisioned of course, they shut off MMS once I'm on the iPhone after about 5 minutes.
    Last edited by sandos; 06-30-09 at 01:58 PM.
    06-30-09 01:56 PM
    Oh, and by the way... The same thing can be accomplished by changing the ipcc file to the 5.0 version as detailed here. Once you've done it you just need to add in the typical WAP login info under mobile data:

wap.cingular
    [email protected]
    CINGULAR1

Basically Apple or AT&T (not sure who, but probably AT&T) crippled the user input for the APN settings on the standard ipcc (carrier file)... I would recommend this method if you want to use MMS, but I have discovered that AT&T has improved their shut off for MMS on iPhones, because even with a BIS data plan with MMS provisioned of course, they shut off MMS once I'm on the iPhone after about 5 minutes.
    For some reason that carrier file doesn't work as good... that's what I was using and I would get... "Your plan isn't eligible..." and when I tried the link above, it worked, no message.
    07-02-09 10:05 AM
    For some reason that carrier file doesn't work as good... that's what I was using and I would get... "Your plan isn't eligible..." and when I tried the link above, it worked, no message.
    Hmmm... That is strange. Worked great for me when I had to get a replacement phone.
    07-06-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD