I would think so. All you're doing is changing the APN on the iPhone so if your
    sidekick plan in unlimited then it's essentially the same thing.
    12-30-09 12:20 PM
    thank you forever29.. i followed the instructions in your post and everything's working like a charm.. now i have the best of both worlds.. would never dream of giving up my bold..
    01-05-10 11:02 AM
    It works but if I put my iphone sim in my bb messenger does not work
    01-06-10 08:59 PM
    If the sim card is activated with an iphone plan then the BB functions won't work.
    01-07-10 12:36 PM
    I recently just got my iPhone with an iPhone plan. Do I still have to wait about 4 weeks to change over to the blackberry plan?
    01-08-10 01:48 PM
    Yeah I think the policy is 30 days.
    01-09-10 12:11 PM
    So I have the 9700 and unlimited data plan through corporate.

Corporate doesn't want us to have iphones...so If I end up using an iphone and want to buy applications whats the best way to do this?

Do I have to register my iphone on itunes with my number before I buy apps? I don't want to the apps to show up on my bill so would I have to use an itunes card...help!

Sorry for the newbie post but I really don't know how this would work...
    01-11-10 01:23 PM
    If you already have an iTunes account you're fine. Even if you're using the phone
    strictly WiFi. You're buying the apps on your iTunes account, not the cell phone bill's
    account.
    01-11-10 05:11 PM
    ok my wife is getting that message that she is using thw worng plan and if she want visual vm etc she should call and change plans... if it fine to ignore that. they wont do anything right? i just have to keep the bb plan setup for the next 6 months as her line was bought with a 9700 from one of those cheep phone sites.. but she wanted to use a iphone we had on another line.. and if i change the data plan then we will have to pay those fees. i just wanna make sure im still kosher?
    01-13-10 10:41 AM
    The option for V3 + MMS is blacked out

Set to OFF
    01-14-10 01:05 PM
    ok my wife is getting that message that she is using thw worng plan and if she want visual vm etc she should call and change plans... if it fine to ignore that. they wont do anything right? i just have to keep the bb plan setup for the next 6 months as her line was bought with a 9700 from one of those cheep phone sites.. but she wanted to use a iphone we had on another line.. and if i change the data plan then we will have to pay those fees. i just wanna make sure im still kosher?
    Also receiving this message. Should we be worried about getting hit with the data charge on the iphone?
    01-19-10 07:58 AM
    I just got that message as well. I bought a Bold to try, but I just can't stop using my iPhone. Perhaps I should just switch it back over and sell it. I don't want to get hit with $8,000 worth of overage charges. Online shows nothing yet.
    01-20-10 12:08 PM
    ok so I currently have a blackberry with att with the 30 dollar plan. If i get a new contract and buy and iphone i will have to change my data plane to an iphone right? Then after a month change it back to a blackberry data plan??
    01-24-10 12:42 AM
    Yes, you'll have to have the iPhone data plan once you purchase the iphone on a new plan. As to how long you will have to wait to change it back I'm not sure. I was able to change mine to the blackberry plan within 2 weeks. It just depends on how helpful customer service is that day I guess...
    01-24-10 01:04 AM
    Yes, you'll have to have the iPhone data plan once you purchase the iphone on a new plan. As to how long you will have to wait to change it back I'm not sure. I was able to change mine to the blackberry plan within 2 weeks. It just depends on how helpful customer service is that day I guess...
    so what do you do with the sim card that came with the iphone? Don't they activate that sim card when you buy the phone? Would I have to use that sim card for the first month then take it out and put in my current sim card i use with my berry?
    01-24-10 11:21 AM
    so what do you do with the sim card that came with the iphone? Don't they activate that sim card when you buy the phone? Would I have to use that sim card for the first month then take it out and put in my current sim card i use with my berry?
    They activate that sim card with the iPhone data plan. If you put in your BB
    you won't get the BIS services that you would on a BB data plan. Your WAP
    browser will work but you won't get BB services such as their browser, BBM, etc.

You're better off using the iPhone that whole month.
    01-25-10 02:14 PM
    They activate that sim card with the iPhone data plan. If you put in your BB
    you won't get the BIS services that you would on a BB data plan. Your WAP
    browser will work but you won't get BB services such as their browser, BBM, etc.

You're better off using the iPhone that whole month.
    so for the first month use the simcard that comes with the Iphone, when i change my data plan back to the blackberry one, then I swap out the iphone sim for and replace with bb sim card?
    01-25-10 11:19 PM
    When you change your plan back to a BB plan you can use the same sim card. Just swap it whenever you please. I'm just saying there's no point in swapping it while on an iPhone data plan. Makes the BB almost useless.
    01-26-10 01:32 AM
    When you change your plan back to a BB plan you can use the same sim card. Just swap it whenever you please. I'm just saying there's no point in swapping it while on an iPhone data plan. Makes the BB almost useless.
    whooooa you lost me! sorry for being such a noob! In regards to the bold part of the quote. You mean once I change to BB plan I can put the new sim card that was activated with my iphone in my bb?
    01-26-10 10:11 PM
    I picked up a 3gs today and they switched me back to a blackberry data plan the same day. Using my 9000 right now. Just installed the API on the iphone. Crossing fingers that this will work.
    01-31-10 03:53 PM
    Just wanted to throw it ot there, this worked perfectly on my iPhone. I did the APN switch with no SIM in the phone over WiFi. Put my SIM, which was already hackivated, all good!
    01-31-10 04:59 PM
    Just to let everyone know.... I used this method for the last 2 months and all was fine until yesterday. I recieved a text and an email from AT&t saying that i was using an Iphone 3gs and would need to change my data plan to an iphone data plan or be additionally charged for using the wrong plan. Not sure how or why this all of a sudden happened but according to the rep... there really cracking down on people using the wrong plans with certain phones. Her explination to me was ... once you access the internet on your phone to browse , they can pick up on what kind of phone your using. How true this is i dont know, but its not worth the risk of being additionally charged. Just a heads up
    02-02-10 06:13 AM
    Just to let everyone know.... I used this method for the last 2 months and all was fine until yesterday. I recieved a text and an email from AT&t saying that i was using an Iphone 3gs and would need to change my data plan to an iphone data plan or be additionally charged for using the wrong plan. Not sure how or why this all of a sudden happened but according to the rep... there really cracking down on people using the wrong plans with certain phones. Her explination to me was ... once you access the internet on your phone to browse , they can pick up on what kind of phone your using. How true this is i dont know, but its not worth the risk of being additionally charged. Just a heads up
    hmmm, this is kind of alarming to be honest.
    02-02-10 07:13 AM
    hmmm, this is kind of alarming to be honest.
    Tell me about it. I like using my Iphone from time to time and thought this was a sure fire fix. Everything was smooth sailing for a while. Cant say im totally shocked by this but, it is disappointing. Who knows, maybe i was just one of the unlucky ones.
    02-02-10 10:42 AM
    Tell them to screw themselves. You're paying $30 for data and that's that. It's not
    like you're paying a $15 media net plan and using your iPhone. Those are really the
    people they go after. If I had gotten that message and called them and they told
    me that I would have cancelled right there and then.
    02-02-10 12:26 PM
198 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD