Thank you so much for this thread!!!! I am getting my 3GS 32GB iphone this week but, I will never give up my Bold though!!!! So I will be trying this as soon as it gets here. I don't have a contract with AT&T I bought my phones outright. But, they are my provider. I hate to be bound to contracts. I will post how it goes!!!!!!
    12-07-09 04:07 PM
    So even though it sounds simple, I just want to make sure I got this right....

1) I have a ATT Blackberry and Blackberry plan
    2) If I get an iphone... i can get it to work on the same BB plan?

I have unlimited BB plan with my work so I want to see if this will work if I try anything out.
    12-07-09 04:58 PM
    Yes you can.
    12-07-09 05:04 PM
    Sorry for being a n00b but i really don't know...

So once I get the iphone how do i sync it up to work for my BB cell number?

Reading the posts it looks like ill have to unlock the iphone and follow those steps in the link but how does that work if the iphone doesnt have a SIM card?

Will both phones be functional at the same time then?
    12-07-09 05:18 PM
    Sorry for being a n00b but i really don't know...

So once I get the iphone how do i sync it up to work for my BB cell number?

Reading the posts it looks like ill have to unlock the iphone and follow those steps in the link but how does that work if the iphone doesnt have a SIM card?

Will both phones be functional at the same time then?
    All you have to do is put your sim card in the phone.

Since you're on AT&T you don't need to unlock the phone. What you're
    unlocking is the APN. Just a method so that you can use the browser.

From your iPhone, just go to "http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/" and then click Continue. At this point, choose Custom APN and scroll down to "carrier". Choose "US - AT&T" and then click create profile. You can choose to add v3 Tethering + MMS. The tethering will work, not MMS. On the next screen, click 'Install" and you'll be all set after that. With wifi, you can do it with your BB data plan, without, you won't be able to until you change to iPhone data and then you can change back.
    12-07-09 05:31 PM
    I see. Thanks for the help man!
    12-07-09 06:13 PM
    I tried asking AT&T this and they didn't know....

If I get a corporate licsense with email on my BB (which would restrict/block websites), would the same apply to my iphone when I plug in the SIM card from the BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 08:37 PM
    All you have to do is put your sim card in the phone.

Since you're on AT&T you don't need to unlock the phone. What you're
    unlocking is the APN. Just a method so that you can use the browser.
    tried opening that site from iphone. couldnt found the link. could you explain little more about the process? sorry for being a noob

thanks in advance..
    12-09-09 07:10 PM
    tried opening that site from iphone. couldnt found the link. could you explain little more about the process? sorry for being a noob

thanks in advance..
    On your phone go to google and search "APN unlock for iPhone." You'll see the
    same link for the unlocit.co.nz thing and when you click on that one it should
    take you to the correct page. There's a web browser version and an iPhone version.

The iPhone version should come out when you click the link from the google search
    results.
    12-09-09 07:19 PM
    ah ic.. so, now I currently have atnt iphone data plan. AFTER configuring, can I call atnt and have them set my plan to my blackberry data plan?

what features will it lost when I am using the iphone? what features will it lost when I'm using the blackberry bold?

thanks
    12-09-09 07:31 PM
    ah ic.. so, now I currently have atnt iphone data plan. AFTER configuring, can I call atnt and have them set my plan to my blackberry data plan?

what features will it lost when I am using the iphone? what features will it lost when I'm using the blackberry bold?

thanks
    The only thing you're going to lose on the iPhone is the PUSH email of
    whatever providers provide it. Such as Yahoo and Gmail.
    12-09-09 07:33 PM
    The only thing you're going to lose on the iPhone is the PUSH email of
    whatever providers provide it. Such as Yahoo and Gmail.
    and since the plan is on the bb data plan, my bold will works without lacking anything, right?

as far as cost, is there any different? or would at&t charge more for it?

by the way, as far as mms, I dont know why, my iphone cant send/receive any picture message. any idea why?

sorry for asking stupid questions.

thanks
    12-09-09 08:25 PM
    i have 2 8 gig 3g iphones on the way and im just curious is there any benefit in unlocking? are there any features or cool app or programs i can gain from unlocking? also can i still synch with itunes and will its force a upgrade to the new os is it comes out?

i posted in here because one of them will be running on a bb plan..
    12-10-09 01:08 PM
    and since the plan is on the bb data plan, my bold will works without lacking anything, right?

as far as cost, is there any different? or would at&t charge more for it?

by the way, as far as mms, I dont know why, my iphone cant send/receive any picture message. any idea why?

sorry for asking stupid questions.

thanks
    Your Bold would work fine. AT&T isn't going to charge you more for it.

If you have MMS on your Bold it should work on your iPhone. You have the
    lastest software right?
    12-10-09 01:46 PM
    i have 2 8 gig 3g iphones on the way and im just curious is there any benefit in unlocking? are there any features or cool app or programs i can gain from unlocking? also can i still synch with itunes and will its force a upgrade to the new os is it comes out?

i posted in here because one of them will be running on a bb plan..
    Unlocking is more to use with other carriers. That's the only benefit.

There is a benefit in jailbreaking though. Your options are much more expanded.

And if you don't like it you can just easily restore again.
    12-10-09 01:47 PM
    kind of cool thanks for all the input. I read through and may have missed this answer. Does the Blackberry go back to push e-mail when the sim is put back?
    12-10-09 02:59 PM
    kind of cool thanks for all the input. I read through and may have missed this answer. Does the Blackberry go back to push e-mail when the sim is put back?
    Yes it does. Everything goes according to the BB plan.
    12-10-09 03:10 PM
    And no extra charge per kb like everyone said for data?
    12-10-09 03:13 PM
    And no extra charge per kb like everyone said for data?
    If you have an unlimited Blackberry data plan then you shouldn't be.
    12-10-09 03:21 PM
    hey i so i searched through all the forums but can find an answer.
    In Canada, if i have a unlimited BB data plan can i use that on the iphone without incurring PPU charges. I saw that you need to change the apn but does that work for Bell in Canada?
    12-10-09 07:13 PM
    I have had my new iphone for a few days now. i still have at&t unlimited data plan with Blackberry. My Iphone will not connect to the internet it keeps saying that I do not have a data plan and can't connect. Oddly when I first got it I could. My wifi and 3G worked just fine. This is wierd. I hope I don't have to choose Blackberry or iphone (one or the other.) sigh.....
    12-10-09 08:16 PM
    I guess what I have to do is call AT&T and talk it over with them. Maybe they need more info from my phone to continue with Data. It is just weird that when I first got it.....I went to my account info and after changing my sim card the profile still showed my Blackberry. My Iphone worked great all day and yesterday. Then I started getting the pop up messages "you are not registered with a data plan" "unable to connect to the internet" etc. I went back to my account profile a noticed that my phone had changed to the iphone under "my devices" This is when the problems and lack of service started. I pretty much can only make phone calls and listen to voice mail.......shrugs......

has anyone had this problem?

I will call AT&T in am to find out what is going on. Surely I can use both phones....there has to be away.

I read this whole thread and does seem like I should be able to. I know my phone has XX944 serial # so tethering JB is all I can do in that department.

Maybe they have other ways to block my activity until I change my plan

OPPS just found the" how to" link in the beginning of this article.........boy was I blind.....now all is well.......Thanks all!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lexus012; 12-11-09 at 10:13 AM. Reason: does being blind count ? :(
    12-10-09 11:02 PM
    I'm on T-Mo US, and I can't get this to work. I added the profile, but keep getting the "Could not activate cellular data network" error. any idea?
    12-12-09 02:22 AM
    Special thanks to Duvi for this:

If you have wifi, it will be easier to to, but if you don't, you'll need to switch to the iPhone data plan until you can get the configuration.

From your iPhone, just go to "http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/" and then click Continue. At this point, choose Custom APN and scroll down to "carrier". Choose "US - AT&T" and then click create profile. You can choose to add v3 Tethering + MMS. The tethering will work, not MMS. On the next screen, click 'Install" and you'll be all set after that. With wifi, you can do it with your BB data plan, without, you won't be able to until you change to iPhone data and then you can change back.

This process created adds a WebClip to your home screen in which you can delete.

The reason for this is because the iPhone 3GS + 3.0 doesn't have the APN filled in. This is to stop users from using the wrong data plan.

Note: On your phone go to google and search "APN unlock for iPhone." You'll see the
    same link for the unlocit.co.nz thing and when you click on that one it should
    take you to the correct page. There's a web browser version and an iPhone version.

The iPhone version should come out when you click the link from the google search
    results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    is this only for the s? of does the 3g 8gig use the same method?
    12-12-09 08:58 AM
    is this only for the s? of does the 3g 8gig use the same method?
    It's the same method. I believe that it's possible that the 3G doesn't even
    need to have this done. But if you pop your sim card in and the internet isn't
    working then there's your answer.
    12-12-09 12:34 PM
198 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD