hey, so just to confirm..

If I take my sim card out of my bell blackberry tour, which has a data plan, and put it in a bell or unlocked iPhone, the plan will work normally, no extra charges or anything??

thanks in advance
    11-06-09 10:29 PM
    I see no "continue" when I go to that page on my iPhone. It looks the same as on my PC. What might I be doing wrong? Thanks for any assistance.
    I ran into that same problem. So from my phone I googled "API unlock for
    iPhone" and it gave me the same link to click on. Only this time it came out
    exactly as it should.
    11-07-09 08:29 PM
    hey, so just to confirm..

If I take my sim card out of my bell blackberry tour, which has a data plan, and put it in a bell or unlocked iPhone, the plan will work normally, no extra charges or anything??

thanks in advance
    Yes pretty much.

I've also stumbled upon something else. I noticed while using my iPhone yesterday
    that visual voicemail was working on it with my BB data plan.
    11-07-09 08:30 PM
    My friend (and hopefully I will be too? :|) is using his bb plan on his unlocked iPhone as well.
    11-08-09 03:17 PM
    I have a friend who just got a unlocked 3g, os 3.1 iphone, he is with Tmobile, he does not have a data plan yet...what would be the cheapest way to get data? or cheapest way to make it fully work I should say. I am not well educated on how iphones work...can some one tell me what plan to get and show me how to take advantage of that particular data plan? Thanks in advance.
    11-09-09 11:31 PM
    Most likely a regular Internet mobile plan will suit him.
    11-10-09 01:36 AM
    Most likely a regular Internet mobile plan will suit him.
    ok thanks for your reply and please excuse my ignorance on this matter, a believe there's a $10 plan for non-blackberry phones, will that work?
    11-10-09 08:07 AM
    I think it will because the safari browser actually works on WAP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 10:04 AM
    I think it will because the safari browser actually works on WAP.

Well appreciated! thanks!!
    11-10-09 10:49 AM
    I ran into that same problem. So from my phone I googled "API unlock for
    iPhone" and it gave me the same link to click on. Only this time it came out
    exactly as it should.
    Thanks for your help! Got it working. Now I have the best of both worlds. Will see if AT&T "says" anything.
    11-13-09 04:28 PM
    Will this work for the Verizon Network? I have a BB Curve 8330.
    11-13-09 06:27 PM
    No because Verizon is CDMA. The iPhone works only with GSM (sim card)

11-13-09 07:52 PM
    So you all are saying it can only be with an unLOCKED iphone and your blackberry plan must have to 3g built in. I'm very close to buying an iphone but having issues trying to give up my crackberry. I heard that iphone can be used on bb's plan. I have an 8310 and my withdrawal would be a lot easier if it were just a matter of switching out sims.

Asking too much, yes?
    11-16-09 02:07 PM
    So you all are saying it can only be with an unLOCKED iphone and your blackberry plan must have to 3g built in. I'm very close to buying an iphone but having issues trying to give up my crackberry. I heard that iphone can be used on bb's plan. I have an 8310 and my withdrawal would be a lot easier if it were just a matter of switching out sims.

Asking too much, yes?
    If you're using AT&T the phone doesn't have to be unlocked. What you're
    really unlocking is the APN. The APN is locked so that a phone is used on
    the proper data plan. But as long as you follow the instructions on unlocking
    the APN you're good to go.

Note: The APN is locked not necessarily to stop people from using the BB data
    plan, but more for people who try to cheat the system. Since the iPhone uses
    media net all it requires is a media net plan. So instead of AT&T trying to find
    everyone who is paying a lesser plan, this makes it easier for them so that
    most people don't even know about the APN unlock.
    11-16-09 02:12 PM
    Yes, I am using AT&T just not the 3g plan. You just sealed it for me. I'm going to order the 32G - 3G phone.

Thanks Forever29.

If you're using AT&T the phone doesn't have to be unlocked. What you're
    really unlocking is the APN. The APN is locked so that a phone is used on
    the proper data plan. But as long as you follow the instructions on unlocking
    the APN you're good to go.

Note: The APN is locked not necessarily to stop people from using the BB data
    plan, but more for people who try to cheat the system. Since the iPhone uses
    media net all it requires is a media net plan. So instead of AT&T trying to find
    everyone who is paying a lesser plan, this makes it easier for them so that
    most people don't even know about the APN unlock.
    11-16-09 02:27 PM
    Yes, I am using AT&T just not the 3g plan. You just sealed it for me. I'm going to order the 32G - 3G phone.

Thanks Forever29.
    Okay cool. Remember one thing though, once you order the phone and get it
    your plan is automatically switched to an iPhone plan. You have to wait a
    certain amount of time before they let you switch back to a BB plan. It's 4
    weeks I believe.
    11-16-09 02:30 PM
    Okay cool. Remember one thing though, once you order the phone and get it
    your plan is automatically switched to an iPhone plan. You have to wait a
    certain amount of time before they let you switch back to a BB plan. It's 4
    weeks I believe.
    What would I need to do if I was a not yet an AT&T customer? I am thinking of getting a family plan (two lines), one for an Iphone and another for a Blackberry. Is it possible to simply buy an Iphone from AT&T without them adding their Iphone plan? The Iphone will not be activated.
    11-16-09 03:36 PM
    What would I need to do if I was a not yet an AT&T customer? I am thinking of getting a family plan (two lines), one for an Iphone and another for a Blackberry. Is it possible to simply buy an Iphone from AT&T without them adding their Iphone plan? The Iphone will not be activated.
    Impossible. If someone did that for you they'll be fired. Nobody is doing it.
    11-16-09 03:48 PM
    Yes you can. I do it all the time between my Bold and iPhone 3GS.

You just don't get the visual voicemail with the iPhone and all your email becomes fetch instead of push.
    Hi, am new to this forum.Have BB 39.00 t-mobile unlimited data plan and email (no voice). Just bought first gen iphone (think owner upgraded to 3.0 os), supposed to be unlocked and jailbroken, but am having a friend check that out. HOW do you get the iphone to work with the same plan? Switchng sim card gave no internet access.
    Would like to keep BB, is it possible to switch back and forth? i hear so many people say "can't be done"...but I am sure it can!!! You apparently can. Help greatly appreciated.
    11-19-09 01:26 PM
    Hi, am new to this forum.Have BB 39.00 t-mobile unlimited data plan and email (no voice). Just bought first gen iphone (think owner upgraded to 3.0 os), supposed to be unlocked and jailbroken, but am having a friend check that out. HOW do you get the iphone to work with the same plan? Switchng sim card gave no internet access.
    Would like to keep BB, is it possible to switch back and forth? i hear so many people say "can't be done"...but I am sure it can!!! You apparently can. Help greatly appreciated.
    I've only recently switched to T-Mobile on Monday. Today I have been getting
    around to this issue that you speak of coincidentally. I've unlocked the APN
    for my phone for T-Mobile and I get voice, but no data even running a BB
    plan. I need to do some research and see how to get it working. I will let you know...
    11-19-09 01:39 PM
    Well I found the answer.

Use the method in the post that I put up about unlocking the APN. Except when
    you choose your carrier select "T-Mobile" instead of AT&T. After you have done that, check out the first post from here.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ne-3g-3gs.html

That fixed it for me.
    11-19-09 01:51 PM
    Well I found the answer.

Use the method in the post that I put up about unlocking the APN. Except when
    you choose your carrier select "T-Mobile" instead of AT&T. After you have done that, check out the first post from here.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ne-3g-3gs.html

That fixed it for me.
    Thanks i need to try this
    11-19-09 08:51 PM
    I thank all for their replies. Some people seem to be able to successfully run their iphone on their BB data plan, by configuring the iphone. This then allows the user to switch between BB and iphone by switiching sim cards?

The directions for reconfiguring the iphone (which I am not sure is 100% fully unlocked and jailbroken) I think are best done by a tech savvy person? I don't know how you "reconfigure", but I know someone who probably can by using the info you have all posted. What I hope is I could switch, when needed, back to BB...still unbeatable for email, unless I get a stylus and learn to type fast on virtual keyboard! Consensus: Should I let someone with tech experience do the reconfiguring? ?
    11-20-09 01:32 PM
    Even if you're not sure if it's unlocked you can unlock yourself quite easily once you get it. blackweather

Jailbreak the phone in less than a minute with that, and then unlock it when you get the blackra1n icon on your phone also in less than a minute.

11-20-09 02:01 PM
    this will work even for a iphone 2g?
    11-27-09 02:31 AM
198 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD