With the likes of Twitter and Facebook, how do notifications work? Does it check for new messages every 5/10/20 minutes and update you accordingly? Just trying to understand how it works. Feel free to be intricate in your replies.

Also, how reliable are notifications?
    11-01-11 06:32 PM
    You can set up the notifications to show on the lock screen for both apps.

Facebook has push notifications that come through instantly and are very reliable in my experience.

The stock twitter app only shows you messages or replies, but some third party apps I believe have a timed interval you can set.
    11-01-11 06:36 PM
    The Facebook app itself uses push notifications. Plenty of Twitter apps do as well. I use
    Tweetbot which is pretty good for push. The FB app used to have terrible push problems.
    It has gotten much, much better.
    11-01-11 06:36 PM
    Both my twitter and facebook are the native apps and they come through almost instant. the email is just as fast as my blackberry was as i have it set to check every 15 min. it would take me getting 2 emails for my blackberry to alert me of new mail.
    11-01-11 07:50 PM
    For Facebook the native app is good and push is great. The native Twitter app is good too. I used iTweet to post to Twitter...it's faster than opening up Twitter app and refreshing. I do wish Facebook had such a thing. Though to post to post Facebook I use Siri for that. She can post to Twitter too...via SMS
    11-01-11 08:53 PM
    It doesn't centralize notifications. Instead, their displayed in respective app icons. It'll centralize in the notification center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-01-11 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD