Hey everyone,

Loving my new iPhone but I have a question; I created my own ringtones in Itunes, some are 10 seconds, some 30, etc. I set tones for messages, sms, etc. and when I get an incoming text/message, the ringtone keeps playing even though I checked it and sometimes after I deleted it.

Do I have to make the tones super short or is there a way to stop the tone from playing when I open txts/messages?

Thanks!!
    02-07-12 11:17 AM
    And one more ?? how can I set the tones for messages/texts/reminders to either stop or vibrate while I am on a call?
    02-07-12 11:47 AM
    I suggest making tones no longer than 10 seconds or so...

As for the other question, that is the MOST annoying thing about an iPhone! Even more so if you're on a call, and then phone is to your ear. If I'm on a long call, I switch to vibrate while on the call. That way you don't get a 'loud' tone in your ear.

PS: You've been a BlackBerry person for years, I can't believe that you switched!!!
    Lovewalk218 likes this.
    02-07-12 12:28 PM
    Thanks Navi! And yes! I can't believe it either! I remember when I laughed so hard at the name iPad and now I have a iPad and iPhone. I was ready for a change though, so far so good though. Still have my BB Bold though as a back up in my closet!
    02-07-12 01:02 PM
    welcome to the dark side
    Lovewalk218 likes this.
    02-07-12 01:13 PM
    Play one of the default tones, and see how long they are. When you create a ringtone, or tone in general, try to make it the same length. That may help, too...
    Lovewalk218 likes this.
    02-07-12 01:29 PM
    Good idea Navi, I am just about to edit all the tones I created. Thanks for ur help!
    02-07-12 04:43 PM
    How did the test go?

I've not bothered with ringtones and the likes in years
    02-07-12 09:53 PM
    Why do ringtones I've created continue playing when I've brought up the text, email, etc? Right now the only way to stop it is to turn off the phone. It's a 4S by the way. It hasn't always been this way, but started occuring in the past few weeks. I recently downloaded the new IOS version. Would that have anything to do with this problem?
    02-20-13 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD