Therefore there should not be such an objection when a fact such as this, however old, is brought to light.
    The only problem here is that the source article is old. It is a fact, according to writers. No need to call it trolling.
    06-03-12 09:19 PM
    Therefore there should not be such an objection when a fact such as this, however old, is brought to light.
    The only problem here is that the source article is old. It is a fact, according to writers. No need to call it trolling.
    It is a fact that the splash screen is used, it's the "few seconds later" line in the article that is questionable as my video clearly shows. It's a pointless argument based on a premise that has been disproved, the system isn't slow. It was in 2007 but still a lot faster than the competition back then.
    06-03-12 09:33 PM
    Admittedly the source article is old. I haven't seen your video, I'm sorry.
    I'm simply pointing out that objecting to the posting of the article is disingenuous when there is evidence of like posts from the same poster who objected.
    06-03-12 09:40 PM
    Its amusing to see non apple users troll the apple board with useless threads....

I seen all your magic tricks
    Abracadabralous
    My crowd gather around; it's the resurrection of Lazarus
    You can't be serious. Forget for a moment the countless iPhone and Android users regularly blasting everything RIM and BlackBerry in the BlackBerry forums. Remember that this Apple forum is still within CrackBerry. If you're suggesting BlackBerry users should stay out of the non-BlackBerry forums, then I'll suggest the rest of you stay out of the BlackBerry forums.

Deal?

I didn't think so.
    06-03-12 09:58 PM
    You can't be serious. Forget for a moment the countless iPhone and Android users regularly blasting everything RIM and BlackBerry in the BlackBerry forums. Remember that this Apple forum is still within CrackBerry. If you're suggesting BlackBerry users should stay out of the non-BlackBerry forums, then I'll suggest the rest of you stay out of the BlackBerry forums.

Deal?

I didn't think so.

I own multiple BB's...likely to purchase the first bb10 device (pending developer support)...I'm not suggesting anything (you can save 15% on your car insurance by switching to geico)...Just pointing out that the op created this thread with troll intentions. (C) the melt down he/she had after the thread was moved to this sub forum....

Abracadabralous
    06-03-12 10:24 PM
    I comment when users spread misinformation ( which happens a lot on CB) regarding ios/android...I'm not anti Rimm...Sorry, I just can't praise and twist every bit of bad news like some users on this board....

Abracadabralous
    you mean bittenfruit os and the star wars os.
    06-03-12 11:21 PM
    Lots of crap here....

Abracadabra Zeus the loose
    Can't fool me with your goose
    Hand me my Nimbus 3000.

06-03-12 11:30 PM

Deal?

I didn't think so.
    Don't know about anyone else, but I never post in the BB forums. I stay in here. You?
    06-04-12 04:16 AM
    Admittedly the source article is old. I haven't seen your video, I'm sorry.
    I'm simply pointing out that objecting to the posting of the article is disingenuous when there is evidence of like posts from the same poster who objected.
    Since when does posting negative articles from 4 years ago pass as acceptable in these forums?

You know if the tables were reversed and someone posted a Blackberry Storm article they would be banned and stripped of all merits.
    pilsbury likes this.
    06-04-12 06:59 AM
    Don't know about anyone else, but I never post in the BB forums. I stay in here. You?
    Normally, no. I'm only following this thread because it started in the General Discussion forum. But just because I and other BB users might have a thought on the topic (which by now I have completely forgotten what it even is), we should be free to express it, much as Marty et al feel free to express their opinions in the BB forums -- positive or otherwise (usually otherwise, which is what makes his troll comment all the more hilarious).

Now I think I'll go see what kind of crap in can stir up in the Android forums.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 06-04-12 at 07:42 AM.
    06-04-12 07:03 AM
    Well this thread started in the bb's section and a mod moved it. Like I said no big deal. But the link I provided was dated 2012, I don't know if the link was bringing up old news or not.
    06-04-12 07:06 AM
    Since when does posting negative articles from 4 years ago pass as acceptable in these forums?

You know if the tables were reversed and someone posted a Blackberry Storm article they would be banned and stripped of all merits.
    Read what I wrote and you will see that the age of the article is the first thing I objected to.
    And to use your logic, if this were RIM there would be a call for burning Thor in effigy. So believe it or not, I'm saying the same thing you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-04-12 07:35 AM
    I honestly don't care who started the thread, where or for what reason simply because it's easily rebutted with a simple video. The screenshot has no effect on performance as anyone can see from the video I posted. So let people say what they want because this is a public forum and their opinions should be heard, even if they are from 2007.
    06-04-12 07:42 AM
    Not that it matters any but never since when?
    06-04-12 09:10 AM
    I honestly don't care who started the thread, where or for what reason simply because it's easily rebutted with a simple video. The screenshot has no effect on performance as anyone can see from the video I posted. So let people say what they want because this is a public forum and their opinions should be heard, even if they are from 2007.
    06-04-12 09:36 AM
    Not that it matters any but never since when?
    I looked back through my posts and the best I can tell was when I posted my red 9800 for sale, which was 1-22-11. And that was really in the for sale section, not the BB forum. All I know it's been a long time. I don't feel the need to go into the BB general forum and bash BlackBerry. It accomplishes nothing. Just the same way coming into the Apple sub forums and bashing Apple. I don't seek confrontation, but I don't shy away from it either when presented with it. I've said this before, don't come in here and tell me your device is great and mine is garbage, I know better, I've owned AT LEAST 20 BlackBerrys. And don't be surprised to encounter resistance when you do.
    06-04-12 09:37 AM
    Ah thanks, I know I've seen you in there bashing at times with your doughboy avatar. I try not bash others either. This was originally in another section and I found it interesting such tricks were being used. It actually would make a person think it's instant when even that doesn't happen on a core i7 speced out computer.
    06-04-12 09:49 AM
    Ah thanks, I know I've seen you in there bashing at times with your doughboy avatar. I try not bash others either. This was originally in another section and I found it interesting such tricks were being used. It actually would make a person think it's instant when even that doesn't happen on a core i7 speced out computer.
    My i7 PC opens things instantly, almost everything I use at least.
    06-04-12 10:00 AM
    Do you use office 2010? Outlook? I have a lenovo core i5 second generation 8gb ram a faster hd but not the newest hd's out and those definitely don't load usable instantly.
    06-04-12 10:04 AM
    When I referenced "you" in my post, I was speaking in generalities, not to you specifically.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-04-12 10:30 AM
    You should come out of the closet.
    06-04-12 06:36 PM
    You should come out of the closet.
    Nah. I'll just stay in here. The suspense in the BB forums is too much for me.
    06-04-12 07:20 PM
    Do you use office 2010? Outlook? I have a lenovo core i5 second generation 8gb ram a faster hd but not the newest hd's out and those definitely don't load usable instantly.
    Nope and nope. I have office on my Mac, my PC is brand new so I haven't bought it yet. I use gmail as well so no outlook.

I have a core i7 3770k 3.5Ghz and 16GB of RAM.
    06-04-12 08:10 PM
    Nope and nope. I have office on my Mac, my PC is brand new so I haven't bought it yet. I use gmail as well so no outlook.

I have a core i7 3770k 3.5Ghz and 16GB of RAM.
    Nice. Most things don't load instantly but fast enough. Office equipment does seem to be the dog.
    06-04-12 08:16 PM
    Nice. Most things don't load instantly but fast enough. Office equipment does seem to be the dog.
    Yep. And if something doesn't load instantly, I won't complain. As long as it's not ridiculous haha.
    Last edited by avt123; 06-04-12 at 10:12 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-04-12 10:01 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD