Ok, I've purchased a brand new iPhone 32g 3GS running the 3.1 Firmware with 5.11.7 and been waiting patiently to unlock so I can use it with T-Mobile.
    What I don't understand is how are the iPhones that are sold on eBay already unlocked? Is it because they are over seas? I've seen iPhones 3GS that are sold here in the states and claims that they are already unlocked. I know I don't want to fork out $900.00 for an unlocked iPhone 3GS. Does anybody think that the iPhone 3GS will be able to be unlocked at all, scary seeing that Apple has gotten so good at making their products so that they can't be unlocked. I know that I want to use my new iPhone 32f 3GS real bad
    Thanks!
    10-21-09 10:34 PM
    Because some people, like myself, never updated the baseband going from 3.0 up, and used a custom OS (ipsw). So were still on the old 4.xx baseband and able to use Ultrasnow to unlock. Im currently on 3.1.2 OS and 4.xx unlocked and jailbroken.

And right now between the 5.xx baseband and the new bootrom, Apple has at least for now locked people out of unlocking AND jailbreaking the newly built devices shipping. So demand will only go up (thus prices) for phones that can be jailbroken and unlocked. The jailbroken/unlocked 3GS phones are becoming fewer and fewer since a lot of people never unlocked or did so and screwed up by updating their baseband.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 10-21-09 at 10:43 PM.
    10-21-09 10:40 PM
    I bought a 32g GS when it debuted. I have upgraded to the lasted firmware as well. Is it still possible for me to unlock my phone? i'd like to sell it
    10-22-09 03:12 PM
    I bought a 32g GS when it debuted. I have upgraded to the lasted firmware as well. Is it still possible for me to unlock my phone? i'd like to sell it

At this time it is not possible.
    10-22-09 05:37 PM
    some of them are sold unlocked by apple.(hong kong,Australia)..these will remain unlocked no matter how many times you update the software but then they command a premium price as well..others are on the old firmware as people above have said.
    10-24-09 12:13 AM
    I've upgraded my 3GS to 3.1.2 and 5.11.7 bootloader. I'm looking to unlock the phone. Is it possible for me to unlock after I downgrade back to 3.0? I understand I can jailbreak the phone now with blackrain, but the phone is still locked. I wasn't sure if I can downgrade and unlock, or if I'm still unable to unlock after I downgrade because of the upgraded bootloader. Thanks!
    10-27-09 03:52 PM
    nope your stuck for now until someone unlocks the new one.

I think the thread question has been answered though.
    10-27-09 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD