I need help in making a ringtone for the iphone4. Ive already converted the selected ringtone to a .m4r but when I double click the icon it doesn't go straight to the "ringtone" tab on itunes.

what am i doing wrong? Help please.

Thank you!!!
    07-05-10 02:10 PM
    Is the clip 30 seconds long?
    07-05-10 05:54 PM
    yeah...tried to changed it .mp4 to .m4r. still not working. it just keeps showing under the "music" tab on itunes.
    07-05-10 09:41 PM
    Try downloading iringer. It's a free program that takes any mp3 and converts it to the required m4r and imports it right to iTunes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 10:06 PM
    the ringtone is now on the ringtone tab on iTunes. But after syncing it w/ the iphone it's still not showing under Settings > Sounds. Where can I find my new ringtones?
    07-06-10 01:20 AM
    I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, so I'll just go through the steps I take to make ringtones in iTunes 9.2

1. Shorten selected song to a 30 second clip.

2. Create an AAC version of the 30 second clip [right click, select Create AAC Version]

3. Drag the 30 second AAC version to your desktop.

4. Change the extension of the clip on your desktop from .m4a to .m4r

5. Delete the 30 second AAC clip that is still in iTunes

6. Drag the .m4r clip into iTunes. It should go into ringtones.

This method works for me every time. Hope this helps
    07-06-10 01:38 AM
    i use audiko[.]net
    it is a really good website
    i couldn't be happier with my ringtones :-)
    07-06-10 02:41 AM
    I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, so I'll just go through the steps I take to make ringtones in iTunes 9.2

1. Shorten selected song to a 30 second clip.

2. Create an AAC version of the 30 second clip [right click, select Create AAC Version]

3. Drag the 30 second AAC version to your desktop.

4. Change the extension of the clip on your desktop from .m4a to .m4r

5. Delete the 30 second AAC clip that is still in iTunes

6. Drag the .m4r clip into iTunes. It should go into ringtones.

This method works for me every time. Hope this helps

its already on my ringtones folder on iTunes but when i sync'd it w/ the phone it's not showing under "sounds" (from settings tab). wherelse can i find the song?

Thank you!!!
    07-06-10 02:46 AM
    its already on my ringtones folder on iTunes but when i sync'd it w/ the phone it's not showing under "sounds" (from settings tab). wherelse can i find the song?

Thank you!!!
    Ooh I'm not sure. I didn't realize they are already ringtones in iTunes and not syncing. I always make my ringtones from my actual songs in iTunes. I'm not sure how to fix the problem.
    07-06-10 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD