The best Prime Day deals that you can still buy today:Shop now while they last!
    Can someone help me understand the differences between BB's push email and iPhone non-push emails? Does this mean the iPhone will not receive emails to your phone as quickly as it appears in your inbox?

Thankyou
    03-01-10 07:55 AM
    The Iphone has options for push email if you would like, there are several apps that allow it to be "push". I personally do not use them because mine is set up on "fetch" which pulls them through to me very quickley. I have been pleased with the Iphone email.
    03-01-10 08:10 AM
    Can someone help me understand the differences between BB's push email and iPhone non-push emails? Does this mean the iPhone will not receive emails to your phone as quickly as it appears in your inbox?

Thankyou
    Yahoo and Gmail accounts can be setup as push and you get emails just as fast. And if you have email accounts with other providers then can be set up to push through jailbreaking or mobileme.
    03-01-10 09:04 AM
    Fetch would be just fine for 99% of people on this earth (no matter what they think). iPhone is very capable of push as well (Gmail to name one) via the Microsoft Exchange account on the iPhone.
    I personally have MobileMe which is a super service and "pushes" my email to me instantaneously.
    I for one believe that if it's THAT important to know something instantaneously then a phone call would suffice much better than an email.
    03-01-10 10:45 AM

Thankyou
    Yeah push email happens because the servers detect a change (an email) and push that change to the device (this happens within seconds).

Non push/fetching emails required for the device to access the server to reconcile any changes so depending on the time intervals at which the device checks for these changes you'll get them. (10, 15 min or whatever).

Like someone said before, most people dont NEED getting emails within a couple seconds but knowing that you can and do is a comfortable feeling. (addictive i guess) Unless one depends on emails for work or solving immediate matters, fetching is just fine imo. Also, our society tells you push email is "in", you dont have it? then you dont "fit in" you;re old/not cool.
    03-01-10 11:40 AM
    I have a question about mobileme which could be answered. Is it an "always on" data connection or does the phone sit idle like the blackberry does!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 12:24 PM
    I have a question about mobileme which could be answered. Is it an "always on" data connection or does the phone sit idle like the blackberry does!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not 100% percent sure but I don't think it's an "always on" connection. Mobileme constantly checks for emails, updates to calendar and contact updates and any changes are pushed to the cloud/phone. So I don't think there is a constant connection with mobileme.
    03-01-10 12:40 PM
    It's very true that most everyone doesn't need push email, but I think it really helps with battery life on the phone. With pull email, it checks to see if you have an email at what time interval you have setup. It's going to check, and use battery, even if you don't have any emails. With push, the server sees a change and sends that one or two emails to your phone instantly. The phone doesn't need to do much work this way, and uses less battery.
    03-01-10 12:43 PM
    There is no difference anymore just get mobile me, or if you have gmail even better it's quick and easy to set up push.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 03-01-10 at 12:47 PM.
    03-01-10 12:44 PM
    There is no difference anymore just get mobile me, or if you have gmail even better it's quick and easy to set up push.
    MobileMe is just as easy if not easier to setup albeit at a cost. I pay about $28/year for MobileMe and all it's services including but not limited to remote wipe, remote lock, Outlook/iCal/Calendar integration, GPS location, 20gig iDisk.. gallery..all push.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 03-01-10 at 11:32 PM.
    03-01-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD