Okay, other than my work ordeal , I'm digging my iphone.

BUT.... I'm having problems syncing my personal calendar.

HP Laptop, Windows 7, Outlook 2007.

I have my Outlook configured with cox email, cox.net. I synced my iphone directly to cox.net, so I don't think it's synced with my outlook, but not sure I need it to be? BUT.... my outlook calendar, will not sync with my iphone. I have the synced box checked in itunes, I've tried the add in box deal, (already checked in outlook tools) and I'm kinda stumped.

Any ideas?
    09-01-11 10:01 AM
    Maybe this?

Connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer using the cable provided with your device or by placing the iPhone or iPod touch in the Apple Universal Dock.
    iTunes opens automatically when connected to your computer.

In iTunes, in the source list, under Devices, click the entry for your iPhone or iPod touch.
    Click the Info tab.
    Under Calendars, click Sync calendars from, and then click Outlook.
    Do one of the following:
    To synchronize all calendars, click All calendars.
    To limit the calendars that are synchronized, click Selected calendars, and then click the calendars you want to synchronize.
    NOTE To select multiple calendars, press CTRL as you click each calendar name.

Click Apply.
    09-01-11 10:05 AM
    I tried that last night, no luck. When Itunes tells me what it's syncing, it doesn't say anything about calendar. (in the info box on top.) It goes through, "syncing contacts, syncing music...." but not the calendar, even though it is checked.

Could it have anything to do with me syncing to my cox.net account with my iphone first, and later, configuring Outlook to handle my cox account on my laptop? Basically, I was getting cox email to my iphone and logging into a website to see my mail, and finally got around to setting up Outlook to handle it all after the fact.

So, my Outlook isn't really synced to the iphone, right? Would that tie in the calendar as well, or should it sync it regardless?
    Last edited by trojanscott; 09-01-11 at 10:24 AM.
    09-01-11 10:19 AM
    Also, in Itunes, it does say, "Your calendars are being synced with Microsoft Exchange over the air. Your calendars will also sync directly with this computer."

It looks like it should be good to go, but I entered an event on my calendar, and it's not on my iphone. (it is set to push)
    09-01-11 10:26 AM
    Used googlesync, now it works fine. I'm sure there's an issue with Outlook 2007 and iphone of some sort, I've found threads galore on the net. This was a simple work around however.
    09-01-11 12:02 PM
    Ahhhh your outlook is not on exchange I presume. Is it a personal setup of outlook?
    Thats was my next suggestion I use it at work.
    Ahhhh your outlook is not on exchange I presume. Is it a personal setup of outlook?

Correct, at least I think! I'm using Outlook to manage my cox.net address, personal, on my laptop.

Googlesync is working fine though!
    09-01-11 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD