Hello All

I use both a curve and my iphone.... recently i let my iphone run completly out of battery... and i didnt charge it up for a week or 2.

i charged it up yesterday, and all of a sudden my iphone is a complete lemon.. i know for a fact that i had appstore updates, and now its telling me that all my aps are up to date, when i know its not true... and its giving me an error message when i connect to the appstore, telling me that i have to connect to itunes... which does nothing to fix it!

also.... most of my apps like monopoly, price is right, appsniper etc dont load anymore.... the first screen comes up then it goes back to the main menu.

i am running jailbroken/unlocked version 2.1

anyone have any idea??

thanks.
    05-30-09 10:05 AM
    Restore your devices and re-jailbreak.
    05-30-09 03:39 PM
    Hello All

I use both a curve and my iphone.... recently i let my iphone run completly out of battery... and i didnt charge it up for a week or 2.

i charged it up yesterday, and all of a sudden my iphone is a complete lemon.. i know for a fact that i had appstore updates, and now its telling me that all my aps are up to date, when i know its not true... and its giving me an error message when i connect to the appstore, telling me that i have to connect to itunes... which does nothing to fix it!

also.... most of my apps like monopoly, price is right, appsniper etc dont load anymore.... the first screen comes up then it goes back to the main menu.

i am running jailbroken/unlocked version 2.1

anyone have any idea??

thanks.
    2.1 is quite old. unless you require your phone to be jailbroken, i'd suggest for you to backup all your data (address book, etc.) and install a non-jailbroken 2.2.1 OS

(or you might as well wait for 3.0 to come out in a month or two and skip 2.2.1 all together if you can handle the crashing that long)
    06-01-09 12:55 AM
    Jailbreaking is like essential i'd never give it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:58 AM
    Jailbreaking is like essential i'd never give it up.

i understand, but can i ask why? just curious since i been an iPhone user for some time never and never needed jailbraking.
    06-01-09 01:04 AM
    Restore your device and don't jailbreak it. 3.0 is around the corner and from my personal experience every time I JB my phone is was sloppy and glitchy! Emails would take longer to load, OS would take longer period.
    Jailbreak can be fun but with some costs.
    06-01-09 08:51 AM
    2.2.1 can be jailbroken. I would upgrade to that.
    06-01-09 09:43 AM
    i understand, but can i ask why? just curious since i been an iPhone user for some time never and never needed jailbraking.
    Jailbreaking is IMO, along the same lines of people who overclock their PC.

It's basically taking what you have, and making it better.

I jailbroke my iPhone because I like running background processes as well as other features that Apple left out.. (video recording, MMS, etc)..

I loves me some Jailbreaking, and as long as Apple leaves out important features, my iPhone will be jailbroken.
    06-01-09 12:23 PM
    Well themes says it all and I like downloading stuff through safari and Flash! But most of all I did it before the app store was even around and it was wonderful.

06-01-09 04:23 PM
    thanks for all the replies...

ya jailbreaking is essential.... and i must have it unlocked... truth be told my iphone is the 2g... not the 3g....

i am trying to avoid re-installing the OS.... i have apps that backup my official apps and 3rd party apps but i dont know how reliable they are... i would hate to have to re-download everything.... **** i have soo much on there i probably dont even remember half of what i got....

if i really have to re-install the OS i will just wait for 3.0 to come out... but then i will have to wait for devteam or whoever to crack the new OS... im guessing that could take some time....

and ya an iphone without jailbreak is SOOO boring.... apple lacks sooo many options and simple customization its redicilous...
    Last edited by thadealer; 06-04-09 at 10:34 AM.
    06-04-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD