This will probably not help my iphone envy and it's been 20 years since I've had an Apple product. (I love Apple, just not a ton of disposable income). So please tell me the best apps/things to do with the ipod touch for my son & I. At this point I will occasionally go on the web, but I'm just looking for good educaional games for him and neat apps for me. (My primary smartphone is a BB Tour and I'm pretty happy with it. I have maps & podcasts on it so for me, I'm interested in things I can do on the touch and not the bb. This ipod touch only has 8 GB, though. Looking forward to your collective wisdom. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 01:19 PM
    You will find a lot of apps. Personally on my iPhone I use Checkbook, personal assistant & Facebook just to name a few. When I do let my 7 year old son use it which is rare he is only interested in the fun games. In his mind iPod does not equal educational. But I'm sure you will find many things to keep you informed and entertained.

12-05-10 04:54 PM
    On my iTouch I have Facebook, Twitter, Nimbuzz, AP Mobile, Google Maps, FML, Pandora, Kindle, Docs To Go... note that all those are also BlackBerry apps lol.
    I also recommend you jailbreak it.
    12-05-10 09:04 PM
    On my iTouch I have Facebook, Twitter, Nimbuzz, AP Mobile, Google Maps, FML, Pandora, Kindle, Docs To Go... note that all those are also BlackBerry apps lol.
    I also recommend you jailbreak it.
    Yes, but they are 2374.495864% smoother on the iPhone/iPod touch.
    12-05-10 09:18 PM
    For a 6 yr old... get him Angry birds and Cut the rope...
    12-06-10 12:09 AM
    A 6 year old?
    Sorry, can't come up with any good advice.

Except take him to Toys R Us, and tell him that he can trade his iPod for toys of equal value (Such as a bunch of transformers models that together equal the price of the iPod), Which may not be possible in your case.

Seriously. I'm 18 and I don't think an iPod is an appropriate toy for anyone too young to even listen to Justin Bieber.
    Last edited by grahamf; 12-06-10 at 01:04 AM.
    12-06-10 12:26 AM
    Get him some athletic equipment, and have him play outside. I still remember doing that when I was young. Granted, at that same age, I also had a Nintendo Entertainment System, and a couple of games. But, more or less, have the kid play outside.
    12-06-10 01:01 AM
    A 6 year old?
    Sorry, can't come up with any good advice.

Except take him to Toys R Us, and tell him that he can trade his iPod for toys of equal value (Such as a bunch of transformers models that together equal the price of the iPod), Which may not be possible in your case.

Seriously. I'm 18 and I don't think an iPod is an appropriate toy for anyone too young to even listen to Justin Bieber.
    +1. Way too young for a touch. If he MUST have music, get him iPod Classic or Nano. But a touch....no way.
    12-06-10 09:15 AM
    +1. Way too young for a touch. If he MUST have music, get him iPod Classic or Nano. But a touch....no way.

Yes I know. I would not have bought it or authorized it, but
    they came over & said Happy Birthday and gave it to him. He will only get it a half-hour a day as far as I am concerned. Thanks for siggestions. I see a few educational & fun apps but not many. I don't want him to have the mindless stuff.

12-06-10 10:20 AM
    I would also make sure you don't allow it to access the internet. You can always DL apps/games to your PC and then just sync them over.
    12-06-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD