i have an ipod touch 2g, and am going to use a headset w/mic, google voice and a voip service to make calls. i also have a tour that can tether. is there a way to access the internet on my ipod using my tour's connection via usb or maybe bluetooth? i'm a little new to ipods/iphones so forgive my ignorance (nothing good came up with search..). if my macbook can use my tour as an internet connection, is there a workaround or app that will let my ipod do the same?
    12-14-09 03:11 PM
    Maybe you can turn your Tour into a wifi router/hotspot and go from there, there has to be an app for it. Windows mobile and Android both have one so maybe google search for onr or request someone to make one?
    ...or wait I forgot I don't think the Tour has wifi, so jk then, but maybe someone made a bluetooth tethering app?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 12:16 AM
    i was really hoping for a way to tether my tour to my touch via bluetooth, but after much google-ing it seems like the only thing the iphone/ipod bluetooth can do is communicate with a headset i guess there isn't an app for that.. i'll have to stick to wifi hotspots with my iphone 0.5g
    12-16-09 01:41 AM
    awh, Why don't you just get an iPhone?
    12-17-09 04:33 PM
    well, it's because i hate to get in on the iphone this late in the game when there's a potential 4th gen release/carrier switch 6 months away.
    12-17-09 06:16 PM
    Maybe you can turn your Tour into a wifi router/hotspot and go from there
    You can do it with the Nokia E71/E72... But badly, it's not a berry...
    12-17-09 06:20 PM
    I'm sure you could find one for cheap around. I seen some on the marketplace here for $300 or so.

Hey can you build me a panda robot?
    12-19-09 12:00 AM
    Am I missing something? No one's said it so maybe no one realized it or maybe I'm wrong but the last time I checked, VOIP services on the iPhone/iPod Touch all go through WiFi, so even if you got an iPhone, it wouldn't change anything. You'd still be in the same situation.
    12-19-09 10:52 AM
    Am I missing something? No one's said it so maybe no one realized it or maybe I'm wrong but the last time I checked, VOIP services on the iPhone/iPod Touch all go through WiFi, so even if you got an iPhone, it wouldn't change anything. You'd still be in the same situation.
    i think people are suggesting I just turn my sprint blackberry and ipod in for an iphone and att, which i can't do right now. but yes, i am trying to use skype which depends on a wifi connection. i thought maybe there was a way to use the bluetooth instead, but it doesn't look that way.
    12-19-09 11:03 AM
    Just wait another year or so. AT&T's deal with the iPhone runs out next year. It's going to be available on anther carrier soon. I really like my iPod touch as well, but I'll never use AT&T again after the 2 years of **** I went through.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD