I am thinking/hoping the 4th gen iphone will have a good batt life. If the upcoming ipad achieves 10 hours of batt life when in use, i am thinking the new iphone will have a very much improved battery.
    The iPad has more room for that improved battery though. Doesn't mean the iPhone's battery will improve at all. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the 3GS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 04:04 PM
    Had the Curve 8330 and loved it. Tried to warm up to Android and hated it, even after hours and hours of fooling with it. Went to AT&T store and immediately was up and running smoothly on the iPhone. Just me, and I'm not that tech savy so that's probably why I like the iPhone over the Android.
    I realize the 8330 is pretty entry level so maybe not the best comparison, but the iPhone 3gS is everything I hoped it would be and much more. Everything is so user friendly and well thought out and plenty of apps to satisfy about anything you'd want to use it for.
    02-26-10 07:44 AM
    One very simple and important reason someone would or should move from a BB to an iPhone. Apple has vision and innovation;
    RIM has memories.

RIM has a "PALM" outlook.. lol -.. RIM has advanced admirably in the past, it was a good run RIM.
    Welcome to the Apple Google show folks.

This couldn't be proven enough with this:
    iPhone vs Storm
    One works really well.. and the other.. Sometimes people just want things to work.. they don't need to have a twin turbo super delux v6 entec southstar engine with $500 oil changes and countless restarts. Sometime a little 4 banger Honda will do..
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 02-26-10 at 09:28 AM.
    02-26-10 09:18 AM
    One very simple and important reason someone would or should move from a BB to an iPhone. Apple has vision and innovation;
    RIM has memories.

RIM has a "PALM" outlook.. lol -.. RIM has advanced admirably in the past, it was a good run RIM.
    Welcome to the Apple Google show folks.

This couldn't be proven enough with this:
    iPhone vs Storm
    One works really well.. and the other.. Sometimes people just want things to work.. they don't need to have a twin turbo super delux v6 entec southstar engine with $500 oil changes and countless restarts. Sometime a little 4 banger Honda will do..
    Engineering driven approach vs market driven approach perhaps? That's what it smells like to me.

- R.
    02-26-10 12:45 PM
    I haven't had a problem with dropped calls, but that's just me. I like the iPhone better (used my friends storm 2) it's a lot more user friendly and has a lot more apps, etc. Plus up to 32 gigs of storage. I like android better than iPhone though, the only flaw to android is it doesn't have as big of an app market.
    02-26-10 11:30 PM
    Yeah, I enjoy using Android more than the iPhone OS. Hopefully that will change with version 4.0, but I doubt it. Picking up a G1 soon because it's pretty cheap and runs Android. Haven't played with any Android phones in a looong time.
    02-27-10 03:18 AM
    To the OP, here's a shortlist off the top of my head:

iPhone differences:
    + it's a lot more fun to play with
    + browser blows the pants off any Blackberry
    + Big screen is very nice to use
    + Drag and drop files onto the BB or SD card and any application can view them on the phone
    + Easily move files around on the phone, sort your stuff
    + Virtual keyboard can make typing very tough if using specialized words, e.g. doctor, lawyer, etc.
    + Lots of apps, many very useful "WAP replacements" which are iPhone optimized browsing
    + Much better media player

- Battery life sucks, definitely worse than the BB
    - No replaceable battery (external bulky battery packs)
    - No drag and drop files and documents for reading in applications, each app has its own transfer method that must use WiFi -- terribly inefficient
    - inane that there is no directory navigation so any file you upload is ONLY available to an application which you uploaded a file in wifi. You also can't move files around and sort them on the iphone. crazy.
    - no attachment downloading
    - no custom sounds (other than ringtones) without hacking
    - iTunes sucks and only syncs music and video, not documents or other files
    - not today screen or other utilities unless jailbroken (voids warranty)
    - email not as good as a blackberry
    I think Slinky pretty much wrapped it up. The other thing I couldn't live without is BBM, I also prefer the physical keyboard. ( I have the 9700 )
    03-01-10 04:47 PM
    You just can't beat the speed of a blackberry, shortcuts etc, 1 button press to emails,sms,bbm,options and many more programs. Just gloss on the iphone that fades real quick. Such a pain to type whilst on the move with a touchscreen phone. The physical keyboard and speed are what will keep me a berry addict for many years to come.

Apps get boring real fast and your left with a mini browser device. The phones features are basic on the iPhone, non customisable features and the ball and chain that is iTunes are somethings that will never change with iPhone 4G.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 05:04 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD