hey everyone, so i finally made the switch from bb curve to a 2g iphone. the iphone is unlocked and jailbroken (so says the previous owner).

the pros: my texting and calling works perfectly

the cons: my data does not. i cant use gps, get updates, or stream through safari. i have no idea what to change because a) it worked on my bb, and b) i just got the iphone so im still stumbling around it.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as all i have now is a phone, i cant even update my weather channel lol
    12-27-08 05:48 PM
    Did you switch your data plan from BB to iPhone? If you got rid of your BB you should do that even though data should work anyway...
    12-27-08 06:01 PM
    Did you switch your data plan from BB to iPhone? If you got rid of your BB you should do that even though data should work anyway...
    how do you switch?
    12-27-08 06:06 PM
    Nevermind...I just saw that you have t-mobile and of course they wouldn't have an iPhone plan. Sorry but can't help you here. If the phone is unlocked it should work with the blackberry data plan...
    12-27-08 06:09 PM
    Nevermind...I just saw that you have t-mobile and of course they wouldn't have an iPhone plan. Sorry but can't help you here. If the phone is unlocked it should work with the blackberry data plan...
    thats what i thought

this is kind of upsetting.. i got rid of the bb for something more media oriented and now im being blocked again.. maybe it wasnt unlocked properly or something? i dont know what im looking for..

p.s. if i go to settings - general settings - network, the first option says "cellular data network" but when i click on it it just says apn, username, password.. i dont know how to change it.
    12-27-08 06:14 PM
    wap.voicestream.com

leave the password blank...
    12-27-08 08:21 PM
    wap.voicestream.com

leave the password blank...
    expand please..? where do i put this in? what does it mean? lol not trying to be rude but you gotta give me more info..
    12-27-08 11:40 PM
    That is the user name and password you have to enter into the apn settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 11:46 PM
    That is the user name and password you have to enter into the apn settings.

oh ok, so i put that under APN, leave password blank, then what do i enter for username?
    12-27-08 11:49 PM
    holy god! your a genius! thanks a ton man, you just made my night so much better lol

another quick random question.. if i go into settings and restore the settings (old owner left all his emails and stuff on there) will it mess up my unlock software/jailbreak?

on that, is there a way i can upgrade to 2.2 without interfearing with my jailbreak/unlocking?
    12-27-08 11:52 PM
    wap.voicestream.com

Is the username.

12-27-08 11:52 PM
    That will wipe the jailbreak for sure. Don't do that unless you want to jailbreak again.

12-27-08 11:55 PM
    That will wipe the jailbreak for sure. Don't do that unless you want to jailbreak again.

dont do which one? i mentioned both upgrading to 2.2 and clearing old settings.

he still has the phone on his account, his email, his usernames, etc. and i need to change that.

so how can i reset everything back to how it was from factory but not mess up my jailbreak/unlocking software?
    12-28-08 12:15 AM
    Update firmware the re-jailbreak and unlock. Only way.

12-28-08 12:17 AM
    ah ok, thats a project for another day lol

so what about clearing out the phones settings? (previous owner left billing accounts, passwords, emails, contacts, etc.) and i need to just clear everything and start fresh with the phone and jailbreak/unlock software.
    12-28-08 12:24 AM
    bump for title change.. i cant do anything until i get the old owners info off of here!
    12-28-08 12:51 PM
    bump for title change.. i cant do anything until i get the old owners info off of here!
    Simple... restore to factory defaults. But you will lose your jailbreak/unlock.
    12-28-08 12:53 PM
    thats the problem.. i really dont want to lose my unlock after all of the contacts and whatnot that i just put on the phone.

is there anyway to transfer ownership (i.e. itunes account emails, passwords, etc.) without starting all over?
    12-28-08 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD