Ok , so idk if anyone else had had an issue , but every time i turn off my iphone and turn it back on , the damn thing goes back to default settings , all my 3rd party apps are gone , and all my icons are back to where they were from factory HELP !!!
    08-16-09 12:11 PM
    I would try a full restore, if that doesn't work, take it in and get it replaced. You should have no problem getting a new replacement phone if a restore doesn't fix this.
    08-16-09 02:22 PM
    Ok, yeah did a full restore , and no luck still , and i went into ATT and the nazi's wont replace it , says it will be fixed in a Software update, its bull **** !! now i miss verizon lol
    08-16-09 03:09 PM
    dont go to ATT they wont help you go to an apple store tell them youve done everything and they should replace it. Make sure you restore it if you have it jailbroken or they will not help you.
    08-16-09 03:10 PM
    Yeah might just have to do that , closest store is like 30 min away or so , ugh crappy drive too lol , but if i cant figure it out then it will be my only option i guess
    08-16-09 03:16 PM
    yeah an Apple store is the only place to go for this.
    08-16-09 03:30 PM
    Dont smash it, shoot it up with a 9mm and burn it
    08-16-09 03:53 PM
    is your iphone jailbroken? i've seen this happen with a couple of hacked apps before.
    08-16-09 08:35 PM
    08-16-09 08:37 PM
    see the one nice thing about the iphone is AT&T customer service does suck soooo bad but luckily apple customer service is the greatest over any brand!!!! so just deal with apple directly they will always fix or replace unless its abuse then you have to pay service fee but thats your own fault so lol.

but def just head to an apple store then you'll be all good.
    08-17-09 12:43 AM
    Don't ever go to an AT&T store for anything iPhone warranty wise.. Apple made sure AT&T had nothing to do with warranty.. You must go to the Apple store for ALL iPhone hardware and software related problems....
    08-17-09 10:33 AM
    Ok, yeah did a full restore , and no luck still , and i went into ATT and the nazi's wont replace it , says it will be fixed in a Software update, its bull **** !! now i miss verizon lol
    just for the **** of it, have you tried clearing your phone out through general settings/reset/erase all content and settings? don't restore with a backup on itunes on your phone when your done, backup your phone book and stuff and restore it later. maybe theres something in your settings thats not right. warning, the reset takes quite a bit of time like an hour. dont do it if you are impatient

iPhone Backup Utility: Backup Exactly What You Want | FSMdotCOM

use this for backing up and restoring
    08-17-09 02:50 PM
    I would never go to AT&T unless you are covered by them. Apple covers this type of thing. AT&T reps do not know as much as an Apple genius. This problem can be resolved in 5 minutes at the Apple Store with you walking away with a new iPhone.

Don't miss Verizon. They don't even have any good BlackBerrys.
    08-17-09 05:33 PM
    Don't miss Verizon. They don't even have any good BlackBerrys.
    Whatever

The problem you are describing is similar what mine was doing before it crapped out. The difference is, that I had to keep turning it off and on several times before the default settings went away. I took it to an Apple Store where I was told that the OS's Core system layer was corupt and failed to intialize when the OS started. This cannot be fixed and you will be issued a replacement.
    08-18-09 07:05 AM
    Oh let me smash it!
    08-19-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD