Hi Guys and Gals. Im stepping outside of my Realm here because I live over in the Storm 2 Arena of this forum however Rim severely pissed me off with the new OS6 deployment and now allowing it to be carried over to my 7 month of old device so I'm given serious consideration to possibly coming over to AT&T/Apple's Realm ... To be honest it's between an Iphone and a Droid. I'm locked into contract with Verizon so its either I spend $550 and go after the Droid OR, I pay an ETF (290), and then go over to apple and spend another $200 for an Iphone. Im beyond frustrated with my S2, and the fact that the apps aren't going to be made for it anymore infuriates me more. Thx Rim

That being said. Any advice for a fella looking at an Iphone 4 Vs a Droid X or Droid 2?
    08-12-10 10:06 AM
    If you have good AT&T reception in your area, I would say go with i4. If you get a chance, you should try out both for a bit. When I tried out the Captivate, it didn't feel as smooth as the i4, but perhaps Droid X or Droid 2 is better in that respect with Android 2.2. An important thing to consider are the physical aspects of the phone. The Droid X is significantly larger. I believe the Droid 2 is similar in size to i4, but much thicker. Also, the Droid 2 will have a physical keyboard if that's important to you.
    08-12-10 10:47 AM
    I had a Storm 2 for a while and loved typing on it. I loved the Sure Type and couldn't seem to get use to any other onscreen keyboard out there. I had the Droid Incredible and was rather disappointed with a few things within Android and especially the battery life. I had the original iPhone and the iPhone 3GS. I love my new iPhone 4. It's very smooth, the UI is sime and easy to use. I do miss the customization the Android offers but like the uniformal approach to the app icons.

If AT&T works for you, than you won't be disappointed with your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 02:03 PM
    I came over from a storm 2 as well. Just couldn't take it any more. Most problematic phone ever. I was very very disappointed in my iphone 3gs until I jailbroke it. Now at least I can customize it. If you do come over, make sure you don't upgrade your iOS past 4.0.1 or you won't be able to jailbreak.
    08-12-10 02:05 PM
    i was in same boat, I had the s2 and dropped verizon and BB for i4 and have been very happy.
    08-12-10 05:57 PM
    I agree if the AT&T reception is good in your area then go with the iPhone. Personally AT&T beat Verizon reception in my area and I'm happy with my iPhone.
    08-12-10 07:35 PM
    i was in same boat, I had the s2 and dropped verizon and BB for i4 and have been very happy.
    Can I ask how bad your ETF fee was? Verizon quoted me like $290 to exit my contract which suck because Im basically going to get and Iphone for damn near $490.00 LOL Talk about taking it hard.

ive been thinking really hard about this, and now that Im seeing posts left and right about how this app is OS6 ready Im thinking to myself WTF. Thanks RIM for totally screwing me. I like the S2, dont get me wrong its not a perfect phone, but the sure press doesn't bother me. Battery pulls bug my bad. And the fact that if Im talking in the car with my charger connected to the phone it decides to just goto Speaker phone when it wants. ARGH!!!!!

Okay rant over LOL!
    08-13-10 08:36 PM
    My wife and I paid our ETFs to get the iPhone 4. Mine was 340 and hers was 150. I sold my HTC Incredible for 440 and her EnV3 for 150. So we just had to pay for the new phones. Not too shabby.

08-13-10 11:47 PM
    My wife and I paid our ETFs to get the iPhone 4. Mine was 340 and hers was 150. I sold my HTC Incredible for 440 and her EnV3 for 150. So we just had to pay for the new phones. Not too shabby.

DAMN dude I bet Big Red LOVED you LOL!!!! Almost $500 in ETF fees thats dedication!
    08-14-10 06:54 PM
    I did the same thing as Mark but only one phone. I sold my Incredible to cover the $320 I will owe on 8/28. I decided to return my 3GS and am waiting on my 4.
    08-14-10 08:41 PM
    Yeah Big Red does love us. But I got the Incredible on a 2 year pricing when I had upgraded to a Storm 2 in Nov 2009 for free. I sold my Storm 2 for 200 or so and so my Incredible was pretty much free. So it wasn't bad. It was no money out if pocket for me.

08-14-10 09:34 PM
    Well I think Ive made the decision to head on over to the dark side. Big Blue Here I come. iphone - Please welcome me in I think Im going to try and get one towards the end of the week Pay day you know.

Out of curiosity for those of you on plans. What does your Monthly plan run you?
    08-15-10 06:59 PM
    Well.. i have a 3 line family plan. $160-$180.

Depends on the month. It'll probably be closer
    to $180 this coming month as I have iPhone
    insurance and insurance for the Torch.

congrats on the switch... whatever makes you
    happy is what counts.
    08-15-10 07:52 PM
    Well.. i have a 3 line family plan. $160-$180.

Depends on the month. It'll probably be closer
    to $180 this coming month as I have iPhone
    insurance and insurance for the Torch.

congrats on the switch... whatever makes you
    happy is what counts.
    Ours will be a family plan as well, since Im migrating to AT&T, Right now I think she has like 700 mins on her plan, but she has like 2000 roll over mins LOL As Im sure Ill eat those up alive LOL!
    08-15-10 07:57 PM
    Hold on... someone has 2000 rollover mins?

I ask because let's say you make it a family
    plan and the new rate plan is 700 mins, she
    will lose 1300 of those mins. She can only
    start off with whatever the plan amount has
    in anytime mins. You two can then start
    accruing more. This was done to stop the
    fraud that was happening when AT&T first
    came out with rollover. People would start
    with a high plan and then drop the next
    month and use those rollover minutes.
    08-15-10 08:03 PM

08-15-10 08:03 PM

Sorry Correciton - She has 5429 Minutes as rollover LOL!!!

But - She has the 900 Minute Plan which I believe is a Family Share Plan - So me coming on board I think only add's $30.00 to the bill correct?
    08-15-10 08:19 PM
    Sorry Correciton - She has 5429 Minutes as rollover LOL!!!

But - She has the 900 Minute Plan which I believe is a Family Share Plan - So me coming on board I think only add's $30.00 to the bill correct?
    $35 ... $10 for the line and $25 for the 2GB data plan.
    08-15-10 09:05 PM
    $35 ... $10 for the line and $25 for the 2GB data plan.
    Is 2 GB the max you can do now?

Also - 900 is a family shared plan yes?
    08-15-10 09:13 PM
    Is 2 GB the max you can do now?

Also - 900 is a family shared plan yes?
    Yes, 2GB is the most currently. You probably won't
    use it. I tethered w/ my iPhone 3GS and never got
    passed 1GB (by much).

900 is for a single line.

Family plans are: 550, 700, 1400, 2100, 3000.

I forget the rest (if there are more).
    08-15-10 09:19 PM
    Yes, 2GB is the most currently. You probably won't
    use it. I tethered w/ my iPhone 3GS and never got
    passed 1GB (by much).

900 is for a single line.

Family plans are: 550, 700, 1400, 2100, 3000.

I forget the rest (if there are more).
    Argh why does every Cell Carrier set their minute plans up that way LOL!. 700 is too low 1400 is over kill, but they are right in line with Big red as to what they are.
    08-15-10 09:37 PM
    Crap apparently I lose the A List also if I go down to 700 mins You need 1400 mins in order to keep A list. 1 Step Forward and 9 backwards
    08-15-10 09:41 PM
    Argh why does every Cell Carrier set their minute plans up that way LOL!. 700 is too low 1400 is over kill, but they are right in line with Big red as to what they are.
    Big Red and AT&T are similar. The other two need customers,
    so they are cheaper or give more minutes.
    08-15-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD