If jclif's post isn't valid, then why are you posting in the Apple sub forum?
    jclif likes this.
    05-18-12 04:12 PM
    If jclif's post isn't valid, then why are you posting in the Apple sub forum?
    Your absolutely right, I just noticed.....I still stand by my statement though. This is Crackberry for all.....including iphone users, but the bashing is not necessary. Like what you like, just don't condemn others for what device they like
    05-18-12 04:42 PM
    Actually it really doesn't bother me, but in order to find a MORE welcoming committee towards the iphone....why not visit those websites, why come to a BlackBerry site where inciting a argument is inevitable......it just doesn't make sense with ALL the Apple websites out there. A BlackBerry enthusiast should NOT backdown on a BlackBerry site. If I'm not mistaken the Mods have set up a site on Crackberry called imore.....USE THAT

No...imore is its own site. CB has an iPhone subforum. Which is where this thread is.

And to the previous poster, not all of us bash BB but we still get attacked. How is that fair? I USE a BB and was told I'm not welcome here.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-18-12 05:41 PM
    I use blackberry also, I'm using one right now but that really doesn't matter in these parts. If you're not a fanboy its for naught.

No...imore is its own site. CB has an iPhone subforum. Which is where this thread is.

And to the previous poster, not all of us bash BB but we still get attacked. How is that fair? I USE a BB and was told I'm not welcome here.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-18-12 05:45 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here. We have iphone owners/users on a BlackBerry site complaining about how there treated while bashing BlackBerry devices on a BlackBerry site......is this PATHETIC or what, you gotta be kidding me.
    **They're
    Last edited by joe_fresh; 05-18-12 at 06:35 PM.
    05-18-12 06:01 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here. We have iphone owners/users on a BlackBerry site complaining about how there treated while bashing BlackBerry devices on a BlackBerry site......is this PATHETIC or what, you gotta be kidding me.
    If you're waiting for someone to tell you to get the heck out of the iphone subforum, it won't happen. None of the people here respond to personal attacks .
    joe_fresh likes this.
    05-18-12 06:44 PM
    **They're
    Thanks for the correction .
    05-18-12 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the correction .
    I had to. Glad you saw it as humor because that is all it was meant as. Happy Friday....
    05-18-12 09:44 PM
    Actually it really doesn't bother me, but in order to find a MORE welcoming committee towards the iphone....why not visit those websites, why come to a BlackBerry site where inciting a argument is inevitable......it just doesn't make sense with ALL the Apple websites out there. A BlackBerry enthusiast should NOT backdown on a BlackBerry site. If I'm not mistaken the Mods have set up a site on Crackberry called imore.....USE THAT
    I'm only speaking for myself, but others might feel the same way.
    I keep coming back here because when I had a bb, i was fairly active here, made a connection with the community, made friends with a few people, etc.

Things change.
    I've changed.
    I used to spend a few hours every day on cb.
    Switched from bb to iPhone.
    Started doing other things with my time. I now spend an hour or two a month here.
    Because I spend almost no time in online forums anymore, I've never made a connection at iMore or any other iPhone-centric site.
    So I lurk here periodically, mostly smh at the us vs. them stupidity.

It may be human nature to be tribal, but there is no reason we can't try to rise above it.
    jclif likes this.
    05-18-12 11:28 PM
    why would OP expect to get support here? First I own an iphone 4S, I also own a Droid Razr and my 9930 Bold. Hundreds of thousands of Apps don't thrill me, productivity thrills me.

Apple has great camera.... i am not a photographer so nice but not a necessity. I use when I'm on vacation. But it doesn't make me money. Same goes with Droid.

But OP failed to mention ease of use and best email out there is BB. Best text, & IM BB. Best encryption BB. And the apps I do need are on my BB and they are Quality. I don't care about quantity.

So I will pull out my iphone & droid whenever there is some free time (rare). But as far as daily Functionality BB everyday.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-19-12 12:07 AM
    why would OP expect to get support here? First I own an iphone 4S, I also own a Droid Razr and my 9930 Bold. Hundreds of thousands of Apps don't thrill me, productivity thrills me.

Apple has great camera.... i am not a photographer so nice but not a necessity. I use when I'm on vacation. But it doesn't make me money. Same goes with Droid.

But OP failed to mention ease of use and best email out there is BB. Best text, & IM BB. Best encryption BB. And the apps I do need are on my BB and they are Quality. I don't care about quantity.

So I will pull out my iphone & droid whenever there is some free time (rare). But as far as daily Functionality BB everyday.

Maybe the op failed to mentions those things because ummm they are not facts. I love the way bb handles email, however I enjoy the experience just as much (if not more) on my iPhone.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using The Hand Of God
    05-19-12 12:27 AM
    Maybe the op failed to mentions those things because ummm they are not facts. I love the way bb handles email, however I enjoy the experience just as much (if not more) on my iPhone.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using The Hand Of God
    It doesn't matter what we say about the iPone. To the die-hard BB user it is nothing but junk. But for most of the iPhone users, the device works for us. I no longer use my device for business, strictly personal use. We really shouldn't have to defend it.
    05-19-12 06:48 AM

How dare he think he'd get support here, I mean after all he IS posting in the Apple forum.........

And he wasn't trying to get into a pissing match as far as what phone is better at what, he was merely trying to state that he noticed alot of people using an iPhone at an electronics show in Vegas and that the misconception of it being a toy and not for business seemed to be fading away.

The iPhone works for him, just like BB I'm sure works for you, to each their own
    05-19-12 09:07 AM
    It doesn't matter what we say about the iPone. To the die-hard BB user it is nothing but junk. But for most of the iPhone users, the device works for us. I no longer use my device for business, strictly personal use. We really shouldn't have to defend it.
    I honestly wish they would at least TRY an iPhone with an open mind for 2 weeks, while they might not stay with it, they would sure get a better perspective of how it works.
    05-19-12 09:08 AM
    I honestly wish they would at least TRY an iPhone with an open mind for 2 weeks, while they might not stay with it, they would sure get a better perspective of how it works.
    I never expected to like mine, my wife was expecting me to give it to her. When I told her I loved it and it functioned as I needed it to she was bummed. She hated her tour. And as an early Xmas gift she got an iPhone. And now that both are jb we love our devices even more. She is the only one that has had issues with springboard crashing because she installed an app that wasn't for her os

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 5.1.1 using Tapatalk
    05-19-12 02:51 PM
    Just because I don't go to Blackberry mass every sunday doesn't mean I don't enjoy using my 64gb PlayBook.
    This was the best line I've read on this site in quite some time.

Like what you like, just don't condemn others for what device they like
    This can also go for the BB users who constantly tell iPhone users we are childish for using toys and not tools.

Best is in the eye of the beholder.
    05-21-12 08:54 AM
    iPhone is very nice, I personally have it's little brother, an iPod 4G.

Last year I worked a seasonal job with the big yellow carrier that starts with an "S". I enjoyed using the iPhone 4S while there, but was enamored with the PlayBook that watched me all day LOL.

I've had a BlackBerry for almost 2 years now, and a PlayBook for a few months. I love BlackBerry because it works for me, I also enjoy my iPod and Android tablet.

Have a blast and be productive with your new iPhone, and let us all enjoy our choices freely.
    05-21-12 09:17 AM
    Sadly the only news about RIM lately is bad news. I made the mistake of posting 1 (one) such article and got all sort of crap for it, even from moderators. Nevermind it was a investment article opinion piece!...

It doesn't really matter if you own and use blackberry, or how much you've contributed in the past, you're not welcome here unless blackberry is your exclusive device and you have zero complaints.
    You survived the death threats then! (only half joking)
    brucep1 likes this.
    05-21-12 09:21 AM
    They're all on ignore. An awful lot of people have some very valid and interesting things to say, a handful don't so they get put in purgatory

You survived the death threats then! (only half joking)
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    05-21-12 11:18 AM
    Only two sentences if I may, you may want to stop reading here...

Just because I don't go to Blackberry mass every sunday doesn't mean I don't enjoy using my 64gb PlayBook.
    BlackBerry mass...LOLZ...Too funny. Let us pray...
    05-21-12 05:11 PM
    Two comments:

1. I don't understand the reasoning behind the OP's opening post. It says, that to prove the iPhone is not a toy, he saw a lot of people at a electronic show in Vegas who was using an iPhone, both old and young and so on.
    To start with, it's not a given that you are a "business-person" because you use a BlackBerry or a iPhone (and vice versa) - therefore the thread is without any real value (unless the point was to show that a lot of people are switching to iPhone from BlackBerry, but was anyone in doubt?)
    If the point was to show that the "business-persons" now are using iPhone's, then you needed to know if the people you saw really were "business-persons"!

2. Why can't we all just get along? If people are more happy with a iPhone/BB/Android and it fits them better, why tell them that your phone is better than theirs? Who are you to tell me that thousands of apps is not a legitimate reason to like my phone? And furthermore, why can't I be productive with my phone with all the apps?
    I'm a business lawyer and I use a BlackBerry and I love it, but I highly doubt that there isn't one person out there who are just as productive with his iPhone than I am with my BlackBerry!
    Point being - I have a BlackBerry because I feel it optimizes my productivity! Other people have a iPhone for the same reason - no one can tell you that the phone you have is not the best for you, and no one should try to, and that goes for BB, Android and iPhone users!

So let us all hug and just be happy we don't use a Windows Phone! (Aaah j/k )
    05-21-12 05:59 PM
    To start with, it's not a given that you are a "business-person" because you use a BlackBerry or a iPhone (and vice versa) -
    You'd be suprised by what people will argue on this forum.
    GingerSnapsBack and jclif like this.
    05-22-12 07:01 AM
    You'd be suprised by what people will argue on this forum.
    smh i know, its a horrible thing, being this is a public forum and all. and if the owners and admins did not want iPhone users here they would not have made a subforum for us
    jclif likes this.
    05-22-12 04:03 PM
    I been a iphone user now since June 2011 i got an upgrade at that time to the iphone 3gs and now as of this past May 2012 i have an iphone 4 (not 4s).

I defended my Bold 9000 for the 2yrs i used it as my main phone, but last year i got sick of BB not catching up to the Touch Screen Market that i went to the iphone and have never turned back.

You snooze you lose RIM and you lost me and thousands of other customers at that time as well.

RIM needs to listen to its customers like Apple does and make what they want not what RIM thinks is best.

They screwed up with the torch phone and the first/second gen touchscreen The Storm.

Glad i made the move to iphone as man its been a blast so far.

My old 9000 is still working and the battery is still like new and its 3yrs old, its permantely unlocked and i can use it on any GSM carrier. I still charge it up and will use it if i travel until i unlock my iphone 4 or iphone 5 when its out
    trojanscott and jclif like this.
    05-23-12 11:24 AM
    Wow, 5 pages from my little post! What happened to this place?

Just to address a couple things here:

I had no idea crackberry changed this way. I owned a BB for some time, loved it. In fact, was patiently waiting for the full screen 9860 FOREVER before I finally had to give the iphone a shot, my old BB died, and I couldn't wait any longer. The 9860 (or 50, whatever) turned out to be a pile, in my opinion, so it worked for the best.

I used to post in this subforum a bit, and there used to be intelligent discussions in here, people curious about switching to the iphone, etc. I got good feedback from people who had made the move, and those that had moved back as well. It was helpful.

This is an iphone subforum people, get over yourselves. If you don't want to read about my iphone post, don't. I'll post here if I please.

I didn't fail to mention mail, etc, with the BB because as someone mentioned, they're not facts. The iphone handles mail just fine. In fact, I could argue even better. (so long truncated emails) Never used BBM, so didn't miss anything really. Too many people have bailed from BB in my circle to even make it worth wild.

Is the iphone perfect? Nope. Any device? Nope. But, I certainly enjoy being able to look things up on the net, not have to worry about constant reboots, and I do enjoy the apps that actually work and weren't a pain to download. You know, a smartphone.

I loved BB, but IN MY OPINION, it's an inferior product now. Sorry if that offends people, but I don't really care, it's a forum, nothing more. Apparently, this place isn't what it once was. Too many upset BB users I guess. Too bad, it was a great place overall.
    jclif likes this.
    05-23-12 11:31 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD