So the mature behavior is to agitate a board dedicated to a product the members enjoy? You were taken to task because that behavior is so needy and immature. You were challenged for instigating conflict for attention. It is the only thread I ever saw you too "busy" to revisit. Enjoy your alternate reality.
    We're not the ones agitating. I have yet to see an iPhone user go in the main BB forum here and bash BlackBerrys. Can you say the same about the BB users in regards to coming in this sub forum and bashing iPhones?
    05-17-12 09:40 PM
    Did you read the article? It was an economic opinion piece. Something that was completely ignored by the RIMbeciles that destroyed the thread. No, it wasn't a puff piece, it was reality. If people can't accept that reality it isn't really my responsibility to coddle them. Again, Grow up.
    So much name calling. Why are you so angry about phones? It was a negative opinion piece. There are also positive opinion pieces being written now. There are positive and negative opinions. You always and only push the negative forward whether it is your position or the position of another. Why? The reason people were tired of your actions, including the nicest moderator on any forum anywhere, is because you stay here to make people unhappy and make them feel bad about what they like. You can keep saying grow up but you look like a homophobe telling everyone else to stop being gay. In other words, I think you protest too much.
    jkomo001 and FMB8900 like this.
    05-17-12 09:44 PM
    We're not the ones agitating. I have yet to see an iPhone user go in the main BB forum here and bash BlackBerrys. Can you say the same about the BB users in regards to coming in this sub forum and bashing iPhones?
    The very poster I'm questioning does that regularly. I'm not attacking you or iphone. I remember you when you had your 9700 and then switched to the iPhone 4 and then to the 9800 and then back to the iPhone 4. I have no issue with the iPhone. Use what you like. I have issues with xandermac acting like some victim when he instigates conflict on the forums. That is my stance. Defend him if you want.
    05-17-12 09:49 PM
    No one said you had to read any of this. Opinions are opinions, like them or not. On a public forum you'll be exposed to many of them that you don't agree with. Get used to it or log off. That is life. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If RIM ever do something to change mine so be it. Until that day I'll be critical when need be.

So much name calling. Why are you so angry about phones? It was a negative opinion piece. There are also positive opinion pieces being written now. There are positive and negative opinions. You always and only push the negative forward whether it is your position or the position of another. Why? The reason people were tired of your actions, including the nicest moderator on any forum anywhere, is because you stay here to make people unhappy and make them feel bad about what they like. You can keep saying grow up but you look like a homophobe telling everyone else to stop being gay. In other words, I think you protest too much.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-17-12 09:50 PM
    That's funny because it was the very first thread I've ever started that linked to an opinion article. If you can find in my history an example of criticism that wasn't deserving then I'll cede to your accusations, until then I refer you to my last reply.

Better still, do what I'm about to do, use the ignore list.

The very poster I'm questioning does that regularly. I'm not attacking you or iphone. I remember you when you had your 9700 and then switched to the iPhone 4 and then to the 9800 and then back to the iPhone 4. I have no issue with the iPhone. Use what you like. I have issues with xandermac acting like some victim when he instigates conflict on the forums. That is my stance. Defend him if you want.

Last edited by xandermac; 05-17-12 at 10:00 PM.
    dendroica likes this.
    05-17-12 09:52 PM
    No one said you had to read any of this. Opinions are opinions, like them or not. On a public forum you'll be exposed to many of them that you don't agree with. Get used to it or log off. That is life. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If RIM ever do something to change mine so be it. Until that day I'll be critical when need be.

And you don't need to read mine. I wasn't the one crying about people not liking what I had to say. I have no issue reading your opinion and telling you what I think. You seem to want to speak but hot listen. I can't help you with that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-17-12 10:08 PM
    I just looked at that other thread and I see that someone edited my post. I just entered the link and it seems someone came behind me and edited it by pasting the entire text into my post. Pretty deceptive because later in the thread someone assumed that I was the original author. Maybe a message from a moderator before/after editing a post. Not that it'll be an issue for me as I won't be linking to news in the news forum again but perhaps for the next person.
    05-17-12 10:20 PM
    Did you read the article? It was an economic opinion piece. Something that was completely ignored by the RIMbeciles that destroyed the thread. No, it wasn't a puff piece, it was reality. If people can't accept that reality it isn't really my responsibility to coddle them. Again, Grow up.
    Opinions are just that, opening opinions, jumping to a suggestion that your opinion IS reality seems a bit arrogant and angry, I wonder what your purpose is for posting here then. Perhaps honesty isn't your strongest character trait?

Well, bye, I'm off to find real and meaningful discussion that helps me get things done. Have fun.
    05-17-12 11:10 PM
    To each his own. Glad you love the phone. I think the phone is great imo as well, but I'm definitely more of a BB person. Majority of my family, like 95% have iphones but I learned that the phone is just not for me.

People should be happy with their phones regardless of os/brand. And I agree the hostility from various comments on forums and blog posts just make me laugh or shake my head. I'm indefinitely a die hard BB user and fan, but I hate seeing the disrespect. It's ridiculous!!!
    05-17-12 11:17 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y4dF3EGSCI[/YT]
    05-17-12 11:43 PM
    Another post confirming the joke "how can you tell if someone has an iPhone?"

Anyways, I'm off to go post all the negative articles I can find on apple on any apple forum and then tell people they gotta deal with the reality. Fan forums are no place for fans to enjoy their devices, they must face the hard truth of all the negative media surrounding their device, even if its been done to death. You all gotta agree with me there. Its just smart. I used to use an iphone so its okay.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-18-12 12:03 AM
    Sadly the only news about RIM lately is bad news. I made the mistake of posting 1 (one) such article and got all sort of crap for it, even from moderators. Nevermind it was a investment article opinion piece!...

It doesn't really matter if you own and use blackberry, or how much you've contributed in the past, you're not welcome here unless blackberry is your exclusive device and you have zero complaints.
    Oh man. You must be using the 'stocks' app on your idevices for your news.

BB7 approved by CESG? horrible news!!
    05-18-12 12:39 AM
    Yeah. I actually didn't revisit the thread until after it had been closed, I was busy. Sadly I wasn't shocked by what I saw. Threats & personal attacks have become a way of life on CB. Doubtless I'll be warned for this post in this sub-forum.

That was crazy and uncalled for. I was a bit surprised at the mod responses though...

If only the squad that does nothing but scream troll at other posters (and it's a consistent group of about 5 posters) realized that even the mods use other devices.

Of course, one of those posters wanted Kevin fired for wearing an iMore shirt so I'm not sure why I'm surprised...
    05-18-12 01:17 AM
    That was crazy and uncalled for. I was a bit surprised at the mod responses though...

If only the squad that does nothing but scream troll at other posters (and it's a consistent group of about 5 posters) realized that even the mods use other devices.

Of course, one of those posters wanted Kevin fired for wearing an iMore shirt so I'm not sure why I'm surprised...
    The nice thing about having them all in one place was that it made it very easy to populate my ignore list.
    brucep1, jivegirl14 and reeneebob like this.
    05-18-12 06:37 AM
    Great guess I'm on your ignore list. So here you are again trying to get more attention for your needy little self. Yeah, you post nothing but negative. Even your posts in this thread are negative. You posted an opinion piece and you stick by it, thats fine, but we all have our opinions as well. Guess you don't like that. Oh yeah, and we also all love BlackBerry. Else we wouldn't be here.

People that are here either love blackberry, or they hate it and want to stir crap. There's no in between. Guess which side you are on? Seniority doesn't mean anything if you don't like BB anymore xander... Can't cross the street on a red light just cause your over 60. Isn't that why seniors get on people's nerve sometimes, anyway? No one is above the law... Don't be a senior citizen.....

Someone should re-post this bcz he probably blocked me I assume
    05-18-12 09:20 AM
    no, someone shouldn't repost it so you can skirt the ignore list. There's a few people on mine that I'd prefer to not see posts from at all and the fact that you can see then when quoted bugs.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-18-12 at 10:08 AM.
    05-18-12 10:05 AM
    To get things back on track here and not re hash the past, all I am merely saying is that it very clear how un-welcome non-BB users are here by forum users. I used a BB for almost 10 years, and loved coming to this site, now that I've switched to an iPhone its more for humor at what is being said about all things not BB, you guys are like the kid in the family that is always looking for recognition but havent really done anything lately to deserve it and its kind of sad cause it potrays more like youre jealous as opposed to being a fan of the phone you have.

The bottom line is that all of these sites, CB, iMore, AC and even WebOS are under the flag of Mobile Nations and this is the ONLY site I visit where if you don't use a BB you get bashed and told to "please visit other sites". I think Kevin has more than tried to lead by example at how he would like CB to be towards mobile phone users of all types, its just sad that you guys don't see it.
    reeneebob and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    05-18-12 10:34 AM
    no, someone shouldn't repost it so you can skirt the ignore list. There's a few people on mine that I'd prefer to not see posts from at all and the fact that you can see then when quoted bugs.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Only two sentences if I may, you may want to stop reading here...

People that are here either love blackberry, or they hate it and want to stir crap. There's no in between.
    See that's the thing. You can enjoy a company's products without having an undying loyalty and admiration towards the company. There is an in between. But the problem is people take on this, "you're either with us or against us" mentality when it's certainly not the case.

Just because I don't go to Blackberry mass every sunday doesn't mean I don't enjoy using my 64gb PlayBook.
    05-18-12 11:18 AM
    You clearly don't understand the sentence in which you quoted in my post. Its been tried over and over to explain how we feel, but some people just don't understand so what's the point in trying again? There is no in between. We love blackberry, but we are also subjective to it. We know the ins and outs, the good and the bad, what it does best and what it can improve on. But you can't just disrespect the whole community by being pro-Apple and bashing everything RIM, which is what some users here are doing. They look for BB posts and try to shut them down. Conversely, they pump up the Apple threads. Doesn't sound like a BB enthusiast forum to me. I would love if everyone can play nice on the playground, but stop pointing fingers because NO ONE is playing nice on the playground. Neither 'sides'. And IMO, its the Apple folk who think their devices are so superior and go to Apple mass every Sunday. You may disagree but I don't care. This forum is so annoying with all the crap the last couple months.
    05-18-12 12:20 PM
    You clearly don't understand the sentence in which you quoted in my post. Its been tried over and over to explain how we feel, but some people just don't understand so what's the point in trying again? There is no in between. We love blackberry, but we are also subjective to it. We know the ins and outs, the good and the bad, what it does best and what it can improve on. But you can't just disrespect the whole community by being pro-Apple and bashing everything RIM, which is what some users here are doing. They look for BB posts and try to shut them down. Conversely, they pump up the Apple threads. Doesn't sound like a BB enthusiast forum to me. I would love if everyone can play nice on the playground, but stop pointing fingers because NO ONE is playing nice on the playground. Neither 'sides'. And IMO, its the Apple folk who think their devices are so superior and go to Apple mass every Sunday. You may disagree but I don't care. This forum is so annoying with all the crap the last couple months.

That's an awfully broad brush you just painted me with. Please remember I use a BB, an iphone, and now a windows phone.

Where do I fit in to your narrow allowance of users?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-18-12 12:51 PM
    But you can't just disrespect the whole community by being pro-Apple and bashing everything RIM, which is what some users here are doing.
    While there may be a small few, anytime I've seen that it is normally originated by a BB fan bashing Apple in the CB sponsored Apple forum. I have yet to see anything on the other sites like what I see here
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    05-18-12 12:54 PM
    I just looked at that other thread and I see that someone edited my post. I just entered the link and it seems someone came behind me and edited it by pasting the entire text into my post. Pretty deceptive because later in the thread someone assumed that I was the original author. Maybe a message from a moderator before/after editing a post. Not that it'll be an issue for me as I won't be linking to news in the news forum again but perhaps for the next person.
    Yeah, you weren't online after you posted it, and suddenly the article just appeared. Pretty sure it was PK because he was the only mod who commented in the thread.

But yeah, I think we all learned our lesson to not post any negative articles about RIM. Those kinda articles used to stir up good ole debates. Now, it seems like they strike nerves.
    05-18-12 02:25 PM
    While there may be a small few, anytime I've seen that it is normally originated by a BB fan bashing Apple in the CB sponsored Apple forum. I have yet to see anything on the other sites like what I see here
    It doesn't happen on other sites because most of us on imore or android central have used a blackberry. I have no issues with a bb or a android device. I wanted an iPhone so i bought one. it suits my needs. I can get my email in the field if i need to, but if my company wants me to do this then they will provide me with a device to do so with. My iPhone and the berry i used were my personal device. I wish the hate would just stop. And i really think the admins and mods need to step in and take action by putting out a news letter or a sticky in all sub forums.
    jclif likes this.
    05-18-12 03:45 PM
    If thats the case then why does CB have a dedicated section not only for iPhone users but for users of Android as well? Obviously the mods are trying to welcome EVERYONE to this site, which is more than I can say for some BB users.
    Actually it really doesn't bother me, but in order to find a MORE welcoming committee towards the iphone....why not visit those websites, why come to a BlackBerry site where inciting a argument is inevitable......it just doesn't make sense with ALL the Apple websites out there. A BlackBerry enthusiast should NOT backdown on a BlackBerry site. If I'm not mistaken the Mods have set up a site on Crackberry called imore.....USE THAT
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-18-12 03:52 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here. We have iphone owners/users on a BlackBerry site complaining about how there treated while bashing BlackBerry devices on a BlackBerry site......is this PATHETIC or what, you gotta be kidding me.
    05-18-12 04:04 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD