I really, really hope that these are only beta and won't actually make it to final
    release. If Apple doesn't let us customize our SMS tones the least they could
    do is not make stupid ones.

The New iPhone SMS Ringtones
    Last edited by The_Undertaker_; 10-13-10 at 05:45 PM.
    10-13-10 01:56 PM
    LOL.... I don't know if it's just me but i really hate these new tones.
    I don't know what's up with apple..... There ring/sms tones don't match the phones they put out lol
    10-13-10 02:28 PM
    Sounds fine to me. I think one of the complaints was that the SMS tones on iPhone weren't loud enough or long enough. I guess this is in response to that.
    10-13-10 02:30 PM
    It's like they're all straight out of Pixar's studio...
    10-13-10 02:36 PM
    Are you f**king kidding me Steve?!
    10-13-10 03:10 PM
    exactly what i feel lol

Are you f**king kidding me Steve?!
    10-13-10 03:17 PM
    Steve Jobs was rollin balls at a party with Diddy and Jay-Z when he came up with those.
    10-13-10 03:21 PM
    I didn't realize that you guys still couldn't use your own tones...lame!

While I thought these were rather annoying, I think the most annoying part about them was their length. An SMS tone should be short, not drag on and sound like the phone is ringing...lol!
    10-13-10 04:34 PM
    I didn't realize you still didn't have a decent web browser....lame!
    10-13-10 04:51 PM
    Let's not bash devices...
    10-13-10 04:54 PM
    I didn't realize you still didn't have a decent web browser....lame!
    You're right, it is. If you'd like I can list all the "lames" of each platform...they both have plenty.

Let's not bash devices...
    Bashing devices is silly, but pointing out shortcomings of a particular platform is not. They all have their own special set of advantages and disadvantages. I have both platforms, so I'm well aware of what is what. I seriously thought that APple had added custom tones ability in the 4.xx releases for the G(s) and 4, and I think the fact that they didn't is lame. Just how I fully agree that the BB browser pre 6.0 is lame. No argument there, although I thought the comeback was a little lame and predictable...

And when it comes down to it, accepting things the way they are is what leads to complacency with these manufacturers. If you don't question what they are doing then they have no reason to improve. I think that's RIM's biggest problem...people just kind of went along with whatever for a long time. Now their user group is finally starting to fight back and they are having to respond.
    10-13-10 05:03 PM
    I didn't realize that you guys still couldn't use your own tones...lame!

While I thought these were rather annoying, I think the most annoying part about them was their length. An SMS tone should be short, not drag on and sound like the phone is ringing...lol!
    The original ones are short, that's probably why the new ones are not. As for custom SMS tones, easily done if one wishes to jailbreak their phone.
    10-13-10 05:15 PM
    The original ones are short, that's probably why the new ones are not. As for custom SMS tones, easily done if one wishes to jailbreak their phone.
    Good point. I'm not allowed to jailbreak ours though...I will get my azz kicked!
    10-13-10 05:17 PM
    It's honestly not that critical to me considering my phone stays on vibrate 90% of the time. I have no issue with the new tones.
    10-13-10 05:27 PM
    Dear Lord, they're horrendous!
    10-13-10 06:45 PM
    New SMS tones are weak.
    I mean, why not go all out and have Hello Kitty or Strawberry Shortcake flash on the screen too?
    10-13-10 08:32 PM
    oh GAWD they are HORRIBLE! Too long at that. How embarrassing
    10-14-10 10:31 AM
    After listening to these tones, it's almost like Apple wants you to jailbreak the phone so that you can have your own.
    10-18-10 12:20 PM
    I'm very picky about what noises my phone makes.

I am very jumpy, and have an irrational fear of ringing phones.

With that said, if I had to use those sounds, I would eventually wind up boxing my ears and throwing myself out my office window.

Luckily, tri tone is still available, regardless of how bored I am of it already.

I really wish I could get ChiGong on my iPhone like I had on my Blackberry.

By far, the only SMS tone I didn't mind.

Oh, and BBPRO5 (I think thats what it was called.)

But yea, too long and too piercing.

No go for me.
    10-18-10 12:53 PM
    I'm very picky about what noises my phone makes.

I am very jumpy, and have an irrational fear of ringing phones.

With that said, if I had to use those sounds, I would eventually wind up boxing my ears and throwing myself out my office window.

Luckily, tri tone is still available, regardless of how bored I am of it already.

I really wish I could get ChiGong on my iPhone like I had on my Blackberry.

By far, the only SMS tone I didn't mind.

Oh, and BBPRO5 (I think thats what it was called.)

But yea, too long and too piercing.

No go for me.
    Jailbreak and you can. I am currently using the Verizon missed call sound for mine, muted slightly.
    10-18-10 01:15 PM
    Are the new tones completely replacing the old ones???
    From looking at the video it doesn't appear that way.
    10-19-10 04:32 PM
    From looking at the video it doesn't appear that way.
    Gah! I saw that and deleted my question but YOU were too quick! Thanks for the reply though!
    10-19-10 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD