Actually I will be buying two iPhones, an 8Gigger for the wife and a 16GB for myself this weekend.
    I also have the BB Storm 1 but that is for business and I cannot use it for personal, plus our contract ends this January and all I have now for a personal phone is a legacy retro Nokia 6210 candy bar which is now over 5 years old.

Anyway... I heard some disturbing news about iTunes...if I have it loaded on one PC, and I use it to download music/video files to the iPhone, I can't do the same from another computer. I have 4 computers, one is a laptop and even though they are networked, I still like to pop in the iPhone on any of them and download. But I heard you can't do this and it will erase all your files!!! SAY WHAT?

I mean what if the PC needs to be reformatted or dies, what do you do then?

How flexible is iTunes in that regard?
    11-13-09 12:24 PM
    itunes is ********. It basically only see's 1 iphone and if you plug another iphone in, it wont recognize it and will ask if you want to restore it.
    11-13-09 01:03 PM
    So I have to dedicate specific PC's for each iPhone? WTF!?! ok if that's the way it has to be. Can you not have multiple accounts on a single install of iTunes?
    11-13-09 01:37 PM
    itunes is ********. It basically only see's 1 iphone and if you plug another iphone in, it wont recognize it and will ask if you want to restore it.
    No.

iTune 9.0 now allows home sharing.

Up to 5 computers on your home network can share your iTunes files.

As long as those iTunes are authorized to your account, you can sync your iPhone and share your files on those 5 computers.

Here is a link to their site:

Apple - iTunes - What's new - Explore the new iTunes.
    11-13-09 02:15 PM
    yes it is ridiculous but this prevents song/ video sharing from other computers. Apple is starting to look like Micro$oft.
    11-13-09 03:08 PM
    yes it is ridiculous but this prevents song/ video sharing from other computers. Apple is starting to look like Micro$oft.
    As mentioned above, iTunes does.

"iTunes makes it easier to share music, movies, TV shows, and more. With Home Sharing, you can browse the iTunes libraries of up to five authorized computers in your house, import what you like, and automatically add new purchases made on any of the computers to your own library."

-From Apple's website
    11-13-09 03:10 PM
    This is good news, thanks!!!
    11-13-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD