I have 3 iPhones,2 iPod touches in my home and no one can seemingly ever find a CHARGER!! So like a good provider,I went to a discount web site and ordered 2 non-apple chargers. I presented them to my wife where she in turn has a hissy fit because they were not made by APPLE. I in turn asked WHY,she says that she knew someone who used a non-Apple charger and it BLEW UP IN HIS HAND(He's ok,no physical harm).My questions are....Has this ever happened to you or Have you ever heard of this happening when using non-apple accessories. Just curious, let me know. THANKS!!!! OBTW there are two Blackberry users in the house and we don't have any problems with finding chargers or ANYTHING!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 11:38 PM
    I wouldn't buy cheap chargers from just any discount web site. I'd say if they are Griffin or another brand that Apple also sells on their own website, you're probably fine. If they're xyz unknown company, then you might not want to risk it.
    04-26-11 12:13 AM
    If I'm spending good loot on the Apple products, I'm not gonna use a cheap non-apple charger on it and risk damaging it. I'd buy the real thing and spend a few extra bucks.
    04-26-11 08:38 PM
    I bought a knock off to try to save a few bucks, it lasted about a day. Im buying OEM from now on. Plus there's the proper amp thing to consider also.
    04-26-11 08:53 PM
    I had an eBay laptop charger once that almost caught on fire! JRC'S advice is good...buy a name brand charger at least. I have a Griffin charger I bought about three years ago that I use for everything...both phones, iPods, headphones, and so on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 06:51 AM
    I have to second the other opinions, Griffin or Apple products, only. Why lose the use of a $400+ device for the sake of $10, or $20?

Just saying
    04-27-11 04:39 PM
    In the process of switching to an Iphone 4, any good recommendations for a charging dock?
    04-28-11 07:27 AM
    I use the Seidio Jr. dock. It can charge your phone while the case is on it. Works great!
    04-28-11 01:29 PM
    I use the Seidio Jr. dock. It can charge your phone while the case is on it. Works great!
    Does it work with a Otterbox Defender Case on as well?
    04-28-11 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD