Twig Error: Failed to write cache file "sites/crackberry.com/files/twig_cache/b0/b02a5f4ee8d7487b8bc25d87a91e095183fe21b01b3f0a3d936c3bb626f4b2ec.php". (Line 80 in /web/drupal7-20210910145921/vendor/twig/twig/src/Cache/FilesystemCache.php)
    I love their products and plan on getting the next iPhone release but what really turns me off about Apple is their holier than thou attitude. I also cant stand that they profess that they do things better (they don't) and are always the first to come up with ground breaking ideas (sometimes). IMO they they are frightened of the competition and instead of taking the game to the next level they rather destroy the competition through litigation.

Apple's victims:
    Amazon
    Getjar
    Google
    Samsung
    now HTC

I think Steve Jobs is a complete tool when it comes to stuff like this.

Apple Now Seeking to Block HTC Android Phones From U.S. Market

After recently Apple wanted to block Samsung smartphone imports from the U.S. in a new episode of the saga between the two giants, Cupertino is aiming its guns against Taiwanese manufacturer HTC.

According to a July 8 filing with the U.S. International Trade Commission in Washington, Apple claims HTC is allegedly infringing five patents related to software architecture and user interfaces in portable electronic devices, hardware for touch screens and movement sensors. "HTC is dismayed that Apple has resorted to competition in the courts rather than the marketplace," said Grace Lei, HTC's general counsel.

It appears that Apple is now starting a battle against Google itself by pursuing two of the largest manufacturers which are producing smartphones running the Android platform. Strangely enough, the filing doesn't refer to Samsung's Windows Phones, the Focus and the Omnia 7 but to the following: HTC Droid Incredible, Droid Incredible 2, Wildfire, T-Mobile myTouch 3G, T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide, T-Mobile G1, T-Mobile G2, Evo 4G, Aria, Desire, Hero, Merge, Inspire 4G, Evo 4G, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 4G.

Starting the date of filing, July 8, the U.S. International Trade Commission has 30 days to decide whether an investigation is necessary. If necessary and granted, unless HTC modifies the phones accordingly, they could all be banned from the U.S. market.
    Last edited by JD914; 07-12-11 at 11:27 AM.
    07-12-11 11:24 AM
    And yet your next device is going to be an iPhone. Good way to make a stand...
    GolfnCPA and olliegrl like this.
    07-12-11 11:46 AM
    To be honest, I didn't read all of that. I just read the first part. To me you aren't buying a phone to be a part of that companies family. You are buying it to use for a short time because it's what you like at the time and want. And then you move on. It's not some huge thing that takes so much thought. Does the phone do what you want? Does it work how you need it to? Do you like it? Is it what you want? Okay then get it! It's really that simple.
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    07-12-11 11:46 AM
    And yet your next device is going to be an iPhone. Good way to make a stand...
    It's called objectivity and it doesn't mean I have to love the way they conduct themselves in the corporate world. I don't suffer from blind fanaticism like the majority of their following.

and yes I will be getting the next iPhone like I have gotten every release since 2007.
    07-12-11 12:34 PM
    Good for you, and I don't mean that sarcastically. You obviously like the product, I respect that. Usually when someone has issues with a company they tend to boycott it. That's all I meant. Sorry if I came off rude or arrogant. Not my intention.
    07-12-11 12:38 PM
    To be honest, I didn't read all of that. I just read the first part. To me you aren't buying a phone to be a part of that companies family. You are buying it to use for a short time because it's what you like at the time and want. And then you move on. It's not some huge thing that takes so much thought. Does the phone do what you want? Does it work how you need it to? Do you like it? Is it what you want? Okay then get it! It's really that simple.
    You should have read on. You totally missed the point and your reply is irrelevant to the topic at hand.
    07-12-11 12:43 PM
    You should have read on. You totally missed the point and your reply is irrelevant to the topic at hand.
    It actually is relevant. And I did skim the whole post. If you don't like how a company conducts themselves and are that passionate about it then don't buy their product. If you don't really care because you aren't buying the company and just a phone then buy the phone if you can answer yes to the questions I asked above. Very relevant.
    07-12-11 01:00 PM
    To me all these lawsuits are just the norm. I actually like Apple's holier than thou
    attitude. They do tend to act like they came up with ground breaking ideas, but
    it's cool with me. Steve Jobs is an a-hole, but so is Bill Belichick. And Bill Belichick is
    a GREAT head coach. What they do doesn't really bother me. Nor does it bother me
    when companies sue Apple. Such as the Samsung ordeal from not that long ago.
    Litigation is just the norm nowadays.
    07-12-11 01:06 PM
    Samsung legit did copy the iPhone though. And lets be honest, without even the first iPhone, none of these other phones would have ever existed.
    07-12-11 01:54 PM
    It's all about competition. It's not a holier than thou attitude. If Apple feels like it provides its user a unique experience with its products, and that someone is trying to duplicate that experience, then by all means try and stop it. It also doesn't stop others from coming after Apple when they have been infringed upon either.
    07-12-11 03:03 PM
    To answer your question, yes, it looks like they've sunk to an all-time low in your book. In the worlds, consumers and the Stock Markets eyes, no, they're about at an all-time high.
    07-12-11 03:10 PM
    I don't agree with everything they do but if they feel that someone is infringing on their products, what's wrong with them taking issue with that? Whether they are right or wrong, they have the right to do so. Do you know how many times they have been sued since 2007? Too many. Again, not saying that I agree but I understand but a company has every right, whether it's Apple or not to defend what they believe is their intellectual property and the courts will decide that.

Also, I don't think they think they are "holier than thou". I think that's what everyone else says about them. Apple merely points how their products and how easy it is to use. I rarely hear them say "we were the first to do it". They will infer that theirs is easier than anyone else's but that's purely subjective and it's nothing wrong with a company believe that their products are better.
    07-12-11 04:02 PM
    Something must up with their lawsuits. The head patent lawyer is leaving.

Apple's top patent lawyer quits as legal battles heat up

Apples chief patent lawyer will soon leave the company amid ongoing legal battles with Samsung and*HTC,*among others. Attorney Richard Chip Lutton Junior currently manages Apples extensive portfolio of patents, but not for much longer according to a report on Tuesday from*Reuters. The lawyer is leaving Apple for reasons unknown according to Reuters seemingly well-placed anonymous source, and B. J. Watrous will replace him. Watrous, formerly Hewlett-Packards deputy general counsel, is already listed as Vice President & Chief IP Counsel for Apple on his LinkedIn profile. Apple has sued a number of companies around the world recently for patent infringement, including Samsung, HTC and Nokia. HTC responded to Apples most recent patent complaint by stating that the company should focus on competing in the market instead of constantly suing its competitors.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 04:46 AM
    Hey, the next iPhone is gonna have a blinking light. Wow!!! I can't wait till turtle neck boy tries to sue Rim. The complaint is gonna go like THIS-- "Ehhhhhhh... yeah, Rim had the blinker 20 years before I decided it was a great idea but I was thinking about it just the same so Ehhhhhhh-- they have to stop using it. Ehhhhhhh-- cause it was MY thought. Ehhhhhhh-- even though I wasn't even IN the phone business when Rim was using the blinker"

Sheesh. some people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    meganVee likes this.
    07-13-11 05:22 AM
    I don't agree with everything they do but if they feel that someone is infringing on their products, what's wrong with them taking issue with that? Whether they are right or wrong, they have the right to do so. Do you know how many times they have been sued since 2007? Too many. Again, not saying that I agree but I understand but a company has every right, whether it's Apple or not to defend what they believe is their intellectual property and the courts will decide that.

Also, I don't think they think they are "holier than thou". I think that's what everyone else says about them. Apple merely points how their products and how easy it is to use. I rarely hear them say "we were the first to do it". They will infer that theirs is easier than anyone else's but that's purely subjective and it's nothing wrong with a company believe that their products are better.
    I agree.

In fact I'm gonna quote a very good comment from a poster from another blogv debating Apple inventions e.g FaceTime, he broke it down very simple.

Let's take a look at the Webkit engine and mobile safari as yet another example. Apple did not "invent' full web mobile browsing on the iPhone (full as in desktop web); and they certainly was not the first. But they definitely set a usability standard for the rest of the industry to follow in how mobile browsing should be. Now look who's using the same webkit engine and Apple's code - Google, Rim, Palm....

App store - they were not the first, but look at the market today after the App Store launched. Companies and carriers trying to run the same App Store and business model.

iPod, iTunes and the selling of digital music wasn't the first but look at the market after. The iPad/Tablet, certainly not first - it's not about being first or claiming invention but about implementation. It's about innovation, taking something and making it even better for mass consumption. Not sure why we are all so stuck on invention. Who does that anymore in this industry?
    07-13-11 10:18 AM
    I agree.

In fact I'm gonna quote a very good comment from a poster from another blogv debating Apple inventions e.g FaceTime, he broke it down very simple.
    Agreed. I will never say Apple invented many of the things nor are they or their products perfect. And they don't say it either. But here's the thing, innovation isn't just about invention. Innovation is also using existing technologies in a new way and/or implementing them in a new way. That is also innovation. So a lot of haters don't want to give Apple credit as innovators because they didn't not specifically create a certain technology. But taking that technology, making it useful and making it more user friendly is also innovation. Introducing a new method is innovation.

Before the iPad, tablets were laughable. And Apple took existing technology and used it for a product that no one cared about and it made people care about that niche market. Did Apple create video chat? Of course not, but they made it easier for people to do so on their devices. While on Android you have to make sure your friends are using the same program. So while they didn't create it, they made it more user friendly. The iTunes store in probably most responsible for the digital age of music. I think it was Bon Jovi that said the iPod destroyed the music industry. And while he may have been exaggerating, there's no doubt to the impact Apple and their products has had on our day to day life, whether directly or indirectly. So while Apple is not the creator of all things, they are innovators in the way of how they make things usable and how it appeals to the masses. If the iPhone did not come out in 2007, blackberry would still be king, Android may not exist and RIM probably would have never bought QNX. The iPhone made consumers want devices that do more than just text and make calls. Apple wasn't the first to do it, but they did it better than any other company did and they deserve credit for that.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 07-13-11 at 11:03 AM.
    Accidental Post likes this.
    07-13-11 11:00 AM
    I love their products and plan on getting the next iPhone release but what really turns me off about Apple is their holier than thou attitude. I also cant stand that they profess that they do things better (they don't) and are always the first to come up with ground breaking ideas (sometimes). IMO they they are frightened of the competition and instead of taking the game to the next level they rather destroy the competition through litigation.

Apple's victims:
    Amazon
    Getjar
    Google
    Samsung
    now HTC

I think Steve Jobs is a complete tool when it comes to stuff like this.

After recently Apple wanted to block Samsung smartphone imports from the U.S. in a new episode of the saga between the two giants, Cupertino is aiming its guns against Taiwanese manufacturer HTC.

According to a July 8 filing with the U.S. International Trade Commission in Washington, Apple claims HTC is allegedly infringing five patents related to software architecture and user interfaces in portable electronic devices, hardware for touch screens and movement sensors. "HTC is dismayed that Apple has resorted to competition in the courts rather than the marketplace," said Grace Lei, HTC's general counsel.

It appears that Apple is now starting a battle against Google itself by pursuing two of the largest manufacturers which are producing smartphones running the Android platform. Strangely enough, the filing doesn't refer to Samsung's Windows Phones, the Focus and the Omnia 7 but to the following: HTC Droid Incredible, Droid Incredible 2, Wildfire, T-Mobile myTouch 3G, T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide, T-Mobile G1, T-Mobile G2, Evo 4G, Aria, Desire, Hero, Merge, Inspire 4G, Evo 4G, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 4G.

Starting the date of filing, July 8, the U.S. International Trade Commission has 30 days to decide whether an investigation is necessary. If necessary and granted, unless HTC modifies the phones accordingly, they could all be banned from the U.S. market.
    Well Apple as a company is very aggressive in the business arena. But so are most other large corporations as well. I guess Apple just makes the news headlines more. Also I can pretty much give you a gaurentee that when Steve Jobs is in the boardroom with his generals and the doors are closed, he isn't the quiet, soft spoken person we all see each year at the keynotes. But again, most heads of large companies are probably the same.

As far as the "holier than everyone else" attitude. That is a byproduct of the cult following that is Apple fans. If consumers as a whole, tomorrow, did a complete 180 and stopped buying and praising Apple and their products, that "holier" attitude would disappear as fast as a snap of a finger.

Remember, Any company that provides a service or makes products for consumers is given all its power by the consumers themselves.
    07-13-11 11:36 AM
    To me all these lawsuits are just the norm. I actually like Apple's holier than thou
    attitude. They do tend to act like they came up with ground breaking ideas, but
    it's cool with me. Steve Jobs is an a-hole, but so is Bill Belichick. And Bill Belichick is
    a GREAT head coach. What they do doesn't really bother me. Nor does it bother me
    when companies sue Apple. Such as the Samsung ordeal from not that long ago.
    Litigation is just the norm nowadays.
    Belichick cheats.

He is a great couch though.
    07-13-11 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD