08-22-09 02:42 PM
47 12
tools
    I have been wrestling with the decision to drop my BB Storm for a few months now.
    Now that iPhone 3.0 and the 3Gs are both out there, and the fact that they offer most of the features of a BB I am torn.

I own a business doing Custom Electroncs.... Smart Homes n such.
    Several of the products I carry have an app for the iPhone to integrate with.

My Storm locks up all the time, I get the stupid little "Busy Circle" that pops up on the screen and doesn't go away until a battery pull happens.
    Or sometimes, it just chooses to not answer a phone call even though I am hitting the answer button frantically.

I spent last week in Orlando where I had no data coverage with VZW most of the week and very poor voice coverage, yet I saw iPhone users still surfing the web and enjoying their AT&T service.

But I hate the iPhone for what it is and what Apple stands for.
    However it is really a great device.

The biggest downside with it is the fact that you cannot invite someone to a meeting from your iPhone. I run my entire business schedule from my BB(When the stupid thing works).

Overall, I purchased a iTouch for my trip to play with and it makes me want an iPhone even more now......

I have no idea what to do....
    Try both devices and see which one suit your needs. I just have both because I do not want to get rid of either one. lol
    08-18-09 03:33 PM
    I had a BB Storm since the day it was released till about a couple weeks ago i decided to pick up a 3gs. So happy i did. I can't put the thing down. So many apps and games play with Loving my new phone
    08-19-09 01:51 PM
    I use my buddy's all the time. Most user friendly phone on the market! Great multimedia capabilities. Solid phone all around. I use a tour though, but have no problems with the iPhone. It treated me with many years of service in college.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 06:53 PM
    I too made the switch from my beloved bold to the iphone 3gs. I had to pay full price for the 3gs, I purchased the 16 gig for 399.00 and I think I made wrong choice. I originally wanted to buyt he itouch and decided to just go ahead and get the iphone. My thought was I could switch the sim card, but that has not seemed to work well. I even called at and t about the issue I was having. they told me to just call them if I wanted to switch back to the bold. Sux-defeats the purpose.

Anyway. i made the switch. No big regrets. Definatly NOT an blackberry. What it does, it does great. I prefer my blackberry and wish I had went with my original plan. I just wanted to watch videos and surf the web.

If anybody wants to trade for my iphone 3gs 16 gig, let me know. I would even take an itouch and cash. Let me know. I really miss my blinky light.

Hmm, couldn't I just hook up my bold and still use my iphone on wireless to download movies and browse the web?
    08-19-09 10:55 PM
    I take it back, even if had at&t I wouldn't get an i phone. Just imagine if there weren't any apps to play with?
    08-19-09 10:58 PM
    Very happy with the decision. I like the screen for gaming activities. The layout is so easy to use. I will jump back to Verizon when they start offering the 3GS someday...for now...I'll live with AT&T.
    08-20-09 08:15 AM
    I got my wife an iphone and I still have my Vzw Storm. However, now I really want to get an iphone 3gs. I'm planning on selling my storm and my ipod touch to buy me one. So question is, can I reinstall the apps that I've paid for on my touch into the iphone?
    08-20-09 08:46 AM
    So question is, can I reinstall the apps that I've paid for on my touch into the iphone?
    Yes you can..
    08-20-09 09:53 AM
    Yes you can..
    Thanks!

I guess me switching to AT&T means I have to get rid of my avatar, huh?

Btw, huge BD fan? I have a PS3 and been a blu-ray fan(boy) since 07
    08-20-09 09:56 AM
    Here's another tidbit...You can install any app on any ipod touch or iphone. Just use the same email/logon and your good to go. I have apps on the kids itouchs and my iphone.
    08-20-09 10:35 AM
    Btw, huge BD fan? I have a PS3 and been a blu-ray fan(boy) since 07
    OT
    Yes very much so.. I have an OG 60GB PS3 SACD, backwards compatible.. etc etc.. best of the best models.. I'm just tired of waiting for Jobs to get off his "big bag of hurt" kick and sell me a mac book pro with a blu ray drive.. . Blu ray is UNREAL..

oops sorry now back on topic.. hahahaha
    08-20-09 10:59 AM
    Well.... Tried to go back to my bb bold today. After a few minutes of using it, I noticed that I was comaring the blackberry to the iPhone. Instead of comaring the iPhone to the blackberry. Either way I noticed a few things:

1.) I like my iPhone more than I thought.
    2.) Really want led notification for the iPhone.

I think that I may have given up on blackberry(for now). Of course I reserve the right to change my mind. However right now i like my iPhone better.
    08-21-09 09:50 PM
    Hello peeps. I finally did it this evening. I got rid of vzw and my storm and said hello to AT&T and the iPhone. All I can say is - I don't know what took me so long lol. I am glad to be here. Do I miss my bb? Nope! I guess I'm not that die-hard fan of the bb's.
    08-21-09 11:25 PM
    Yeah, I finally made the move this week too. Had my 8900 since launch here in the UK back in November and whilst I did really love it I don't miss it a single bit. So much so it's been sold!
    08-22-09 03:40 AM
    I wont be switching to the Iphone, not even if it comes to verizon. Its really nothing to do with the Iphone itself, I just prefer BB's. I find it kind of funny how many of the people that say they switched to the iphone was because of the cool apps and cool games avaialble for it. Sure sounds like business users to me

(flame suit on)
    08-22-09 04:01 AM
    I wont be switching to the Iphone, not even if it comes to verizon. Its really nothing to do with the Iphone itself, I just prefer BB's. I find it kind of funny how many of the people that say they switched to the iphone was because of the cool apps and cool games avaialble for it. Sure sounds like business users to me

(flame suit on)
    Yet I will continue to come and defame others in the iPhone forum.....
    Yawn.
    08-22-09 05:11 AM
    Yet I will continue to come and defame others in the iPhone forum, just like the Iphone boys do in the storm forum
    Yawn.

cool, way to go
    08-22-09 05:15 AM
    It appears, in this instance at least, that two wrongs do make a Wright.
    08-22-09 05:24 AM
    It appears, in this instance at least, that two wrongs do make a Wright.
    woot, nice one never heard that one before. Keep em comin.

and its actually Mr. Wright to you
    08-22-09 11:42 AM
    My b/f did and he loves his. Although I've used his, it's not for me.
    08-22-09 01:33 PM
    Yes, I own the Blackberry Storm and just bought the iPhone a couple of days ago. To be honest I like the Blackberry a little better. I bought a Verizon Storm and had it unlocked so I can use it on the T-Mobile network. So far I haven't had any major problems, but the Storm is not perfect by any means. The clock in the middle that always wants to show up in the middle of an application can be very annoying and the clicking sound when you are typing a message so being discreet is not an option. I haven't had many problems with it freezing, but when it does you will have to do a hard reset.

I am still trying to get use to the iPhone so I haven't found many issues except I miss the blinking red light that notifies you of a message. I don't care for the text messaging screen or the emails. I receive my e-mails a lot faster on my blackberry. The iPhone has better applicatons and the possiblities are endless. I have to get use to the one button in the middle and it would be nice if it would blink. I do like the option for your iPod.

A Blackberry is a blackberry, it can be used for business purposes, personal use and an occasional game or two. The iPhone is only cool because of the games and the Apple Store. If you take that away would you still own the iPhone?
    08-22-09 02:12 PM
    The iPhone is only cool because of the games and the Apple Store.If you take that away would you still own the iPhone?
    Yes. The 1st gen iPhone didn't have the app store or anything and it was still a great success. All a matter of opinion.
    08-22-09 02:42 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD