08-22-09 02:42 PM
47 12
tools
    Has anyone here switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone 3GS? Or Vice Versa? What are your thoughts on that??
    08-16-09 03:33 PM
    Yeah i went from many blackberries to a 3gs and dont regret it , i also went form 3gs to a berry and then back to a 3gs again lol , i just love the 3gs !
    08-16-09 03:46 PM
    Not exactly switched, but I hardly use my Storm at all since I got the 3GS.
    08-16-09 04:57 PM
    Yes sir! I made the switch last week from the Curve 8900 to the iPhone 3GS. I don't regret it at all! I'm having so much fun with it.
    08-16-09 05:05 PM
    Just switched from having a Bold, to the 3G, then wound up selling that on craigslist for $250 and purchased the 3G S for $199. Love the BB, but dont regret the move at all.
    08-16-09 05:35 PM
    I went from Original iphone to Strom ( hated it) then back the to the 3GS, and except for the no mms ( right now) i am extremely happy.
    08-16-09 05:49 PM
    I didn't need instant email so i sold my bold and used an upgrade I had for the 3GS.

More than happy with my decision

I do however have my eye on the BB Onyx when it drops on at&t this year
    08-16-09 06:25 PM
    i have a curve, then iphone, then curve, then bold, then 8900, then storm, then i phone 3gs, then 8900, then tour.

i cant get used to the iphone. and no mms and instant email is a deal breaker.
    08-16-09 09:52 PM
    I might consider if the iPhone isn't on at&t. I live in the foothills and anyone without Verizon has the worst non edge service
    08-16-09 10:01 PM
    I went from a curve to the iphone 3gs. I couldn't believe how much better email was on the iphone. Everyone always said that blackberry is great for email, but without BES, all I had was push email every 15 minutes. I set up my iphone with my work exchange server and I now receive my work email within 1 to 2 seconds.

Besides email, I really enjoy having a real web browser. I also enjoy all the apps that are available, not to mention that I don't have to bring my ipod with me to enjoy all my music, music videos, and movies. The other big plus is having wifi, since I don't have any AT&T 3g coverage within 2 hours of my house. Edge is VERY slow !!!

The only thing I now wish for is that Verizon gets an iphone. I don't mind my service now, but I would like to be back on the network with all my family and friends.
    08-16-09 10:31 PM
    BOLD to a iPhone 3G S. At present, loving it. Just looking forward to Facebook 3.1 with PUSH. Apparently it will be a while...
    08-16-09 10:36 PM
    i was thinking about doing the opposite, ive been an iphone user since the first week they came out and the keyboard is just something im not a fan of, always correcting the words i dont want it to and etc like that.

i personally prefer a full keyboard so i think im going to change to a BB, thats why i just joined this forum and site today so if anyone wants to help me pick out my future BB, feel free to contact me and help ! thanks <3
    08-16-09 10:38 PM
    I went from the BB Tour to the iPhone 3GS. I haven't turned on my Tour in a week and half since I got my iPhone. I have until September 4th to make my final decision whether to go back to Verizon. I don't think I am. The BB seems so outdated after using an iphone. I love my iPhone and I don't see me going back to a BB.

Brandie
    08-17-09 05:54 AM
    I had the storm, and I got the 3GS, awesome choice I am really happy. : )
    08-17-09 09:19 AM
    I switched couple months ago from my 8900 and wished I did long ago. I really like my 3GS, there are so many applications available
    (useless and helpful) which the BB does not offer. I may even sell my 8900 (if I do, I will not regret it either). The only thing I did miss is the LCD blinking light. I am using my BB in 'Paperweight' Mode right now...lol
    Last edited by garys11; 08-17-09 at 06:03 PM.
    08-17-09 09:33 AM
    I switched between an 8900 and 3GS back and forth for the past WEEK. I have to say I prefer the 8900 keyboard, stability of OS, camera (8900 performs better than the 3GS), and battery life.

But, what made me come back to the iPhone, really was the app store. Yes, I am starting college this fall and need something to manage my class schedules and assignments well. Student Docket wasn't going for me because the interface and styling was too clunky. iStudiez Pro on the iPhone is a must-have for any student with an iPod/iPhone.

I love the iPhone for its multimedia capabilities. I honestly do not think that the iPhone is a kid/toy phone. It ultimately depends on what the person's needs are.

I do miss the 8900 blinking LED light though, very intuitive. My main dream is for the tiny square in the home button to blink.
    08-17-09 09:40 AM
    I would love too, however it is not worth it to me until it comes to Verizon. Hopfully this happens soon!
    08-17-09 09:55 AM
    Went from the Bold and 8900 to the iPhone 3GS and love it. I will always have a passion for BB's and may get a Onyx when released but not sure yet. I just wanted a reliable touch screen and the Storm is not it. Plus Verizon does not get service at my house.
    08-17-09 11:11 AM
    I could not part with my bold due to the bold has features that I couldn't live without, so I bought the IPhone 3GS 2 weeks ago and use that as my personal cell and leave the bold for my business. It is hard to put the IPhone down sometimes. lol
    08-18-09 08:05 AM
    there are things the blackberry does better then the iphone but as a whole the iphone has my vote. If I were to miss anything it wouldn't be with the storm but it would be with my girls bold. I never owned it but its a snappy device. I just wanted a good, reliable touchscreen so there really wasn't anyother choice. best one I made though
    08-18-09 10:28 AM
    I switched from my BB Curve with VZW to an iPhone 3gs about a month ago. Overall I'm much happier with the iPhone 3gs - but I do miss a few of the BB features - but none enough to go back to a BB. So far my ATT coverage (North of Pittsburgh, PA) has been comparable to VZW's.
    08-18-09 10:35 AM
    I had a BB Storm for about 6 months. I dealt with all of the leaked and hybrid OSes trying to get it to perform the way it should but no luck. I got the iPhone 3GS the day they came out and couldn't be happier. The iPhone is a finished product. The Storm probably will never be.

Everyone warned me about AT&T compared to Verizon but it wasn't that bad. The coverage area by me is pretty much the same. I'm dealing with 1 or maybe 2 calls a week getting dropped that didn't with Verizon.
    08-18-09 10:45 AM
    I have been wrestling with the decision to drop my BB Storm for a few months now.
    Now that iPhone 3.0 and the 3Gs are both out there, and the fact that they offer most of the features of a BB I am torn.

I own a business doing Custom Electroncs.... Smart Homes n such.
    Several of the products I carry have an app for the iPhone to integrate with.

My Storm locks up all the time, I get the stupid little "Busy Circle" that pops up on the screen and doesn't go away until a battery pull happens.
    Or sometimes, it just chooses to not answer a phone call even though I am hitting the answer button frantically.

I spent last week in Orlando where I had no data coverage with VZW most of the week and very poor voice coverage, yet I saw iPhone users still surfing the web and enjoying their AT&T service.

But I hate the iPhone for what it is and what Apple stands for.
    However it is really a great device.

The biggest downside with it is the fact that you cannot invite someone to a meeting from your iPhone. I run my entire business schedule from my BB(When the stupid thing works).

Overall, I purchased a iTouch for my trip to play with and it makes me want an iPhone even more now......

I have no idea what to do....
    08-18-09 11:20 AM
    At this point, I'm not sure what to do either. I thought I had made up my mind and I got rid of my 1st gen iPhone and decided to stick with my 8900 and get an iTouch. I'm not sure I made the best decision for me. I'm considering getting rid of my 8900 and my iTouch and getting a 3gs to unlock for T-Mobile use. Damn. Why do these companies put out such great devices?!?!
    08-18-09 12:28 PM
    I have no idea what to do....
    I do, get an iPhone lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:40 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD