The Torch users in the Torch section forum should read this thread. They swear the Torch is the best phone and they make fun of the iPhone for fart apps lol.
    10-02-10 10:31 PM
    Torch is not even close to the iPhone 4 in a lot of ways.
    10-02-10 11:04 PM
    The Torch users in the Torch section forum should read this thread. They swear the Torch is the best phone and they make fun of the iPhone for fart apps lol.
    It could be the best phone, to them. That's kinda the point in all of this. What others see as a negative could be a positive according to what you like and vice versa. The only thing that counts is user experience. I will tell this to anyone. Specs, mindshare, marketing don't count, only user experience. The rest may get you to buy a phone, but only a positive experience with a device will make you love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 12:23 AM
    Honestly, I think it's more of personal bias. Most still want to believe that RIM is going to deliver. However, the ones that look at it from an objective point of view (like myself - I've used both devices) will know that BlackBerry hardware just isn't capable of running applications like the iPhone or Droid can.

Now should we say that the BlackBerry faithfuls just prefer a slower, rough running phone?
    10-03-10 12:39 AM
    Honestly, I think it's more of personal bias. Most still want to believe that RIM is going to deliver. However, the ones that look at it from an objective point of view (like myself - I've used both devices) will know that BlackBerry hardware just isn't capable of running applications like the iPhone or Droid can.

Now should we say that the BlackBerry faithfuls just prefer a slower, rough running phone?
    Those are subjective statements. I'm sure there are BB users that will tell you that they can complete tasks a lot faster on their BBs than someone on an iPhone. Again, you are speaking out of personal preference and your own perspective. Other perspectives can be completely different which I'm sure they are. If I like phone with a physical keyboard, I can make the claim that an iPhone is a horrendous device to use. Its not totally accurate, but it would my perspective. That's why I say that the only thing that matters is user experience. If you like what you are using, the rest doesn't really matter. I can tell you that I am perfectly happy with my BB Bold 9000. Others may think its obsolete, but I'm ecstatic every time I use it. I like it that much and I'm really fast with it. That's all that matters in the end.

10-03-10 12:46 AM
    Truth be told... I miss a physical keyboard. However, the iPhone has a great keyboard. I never realized how good the iPhones was/is until I tried using the torch touchscreen.

I read somewhere that physical keyboards will be a thing of the past in a few years. Although I do not believe them, I could definitely see where the statement had merit.

Losing the keyboard and blinky light was a trade off for a phone that did so many other things. When I was using the bb, I never thought about words with friends, netflix, facebook chat and numerous other things. Now that I have them, I do not want to have a phone that doesn't offer or can't have them. Strange I know.

I get my email quickly and have adjusted to the keyboard. I expect the iPhone to offer a blinky light in the future,moo hopefully that will help also.

The question I pose to all current bb users is: If the iphone offered a physical keyboard and notification light, how many would leave bb world? My take is that they will leave in droves.

I don't say this as an apple fanboy, more as a guy who likes toys. I have owned the 8700,8300,8310,9000,9700 and the new 9800. Apple has come a long way from their early iPhone. I have also owned a 3G and 3GS in between the phones I mentioned. Each time I returned them and went back to bb. After owning the iPhone 4, things had changed. I couldn't stay with bb any longer.

I reserve the right to go back to bb and look forward to seeing the 9780 when released. But, for the foreseeable future, I'm staying with apple.
    10-03-10 01:43 PM
    its funny because i completely disagree with the OP and many of the comments,
    I have an i4 and my brother got the torch on the canadian launch date. I couldnt believe the device. It impressed me so much, it especially surprised me in the sense that I didnt think the large screen, and the full keyboard sliding out from beneath would work well, but it did, so I decided to order myself a torch, which i should be getting tomorrow, Then i will say goodbye to my i4.
    Not saying that the Iphone isnt a great phone, its amazing, just i guess i really missed a physical keyboard, and the option to use a touchscreen keyboard is always great.
    10-05-10 05:02 PM
    its funny because i completely disagree with the OP and many of the comments,
    I have an i4 and my brother got the torch on the canadian launch date. I couldnt believe the device. It impressed me so much, it especially surprised me in the sense that I didnt think the large screen, and the full keyboard sliding out from beneath would work well, but it did, so I decided to order myself a torch, which i should be getting tomorrow, Then i will say goodbye to my i4.
    Not saying that the Iphone isnt a great phone, its amazing, just i guess i really missed a physical keyboard, and the option to use a touchscreen keyboard is always great.
    All personal preference. I had the Torch as I said for 4 weeks and when I got my hands on an iPhone 4 and went through it finally it was time to sell the Torch. No looking back for me. Everyones needs are different. Love the iPhone 4
    10-05-10 05:50 PM
    think of phones the way that people choose which car to drive..
    personal preference..
    10-05-10 09:52 PM
    the iphone 4 is a great phone and this is coming from a strictly bb user, so i just switch between my iphone 4 and bb9000 :P
    10-06-10 10:19 AM
    Really interesting thread for me personally - I am interested in getting the Torch although not launched here yet (Italy) but will be soon (ish) my first berry was a Pearl and the latest a 9700 in between I've also had an iPhone 3G and then recently an iPhone4 on both ocasions I've loved the iPhone - but after a few months feel the urge to go back to BB although I carry both devices around with me 9700/iP4 just lately it's been the bb over the iPhone... There is no doubt about it the iPhone is a great piece of technology, but after a while you adjust to the screen the battery is better, but I am a power user and I can just about get to the evening whilst the bb will still have some power in it, I prefer messaging on the bb it's quicker for me over the iPhone... That said I think it's very difficult to always compare they both have pros and cons - as to the Torch, I've only seen it on video but I am excited about it already, there seems to be mixed views here and around the web, but it's all a very interesting read, thx
    10-06-10 11:20 AM
    ... That's impressive that its battery life is comparable to a BlackBerry smartphone when it comes to battery life.

You have to be careful with this kind of statement. Compare an iPhone to a Bold or Curve and you're right. Compare it to a Storm/Storm 2 as large screen/touch devices, and you'll find they've always been pretty comparable. There are Storm 2 threads validating this.

- R.
    10-06-10 01:29 PM
    Super feedback for me on the Torch. Other than hold it in my hands for a few minutes at a store, I couldn't say for sure if I should go Iphone4 or Torch.

But, last night I cut my Blackberry ties (8330 Curve - 3 years) and did the Iphone!

So far so good ... only thing is that tiny portrait mode keyboard. Seems some apps or screen forms don't turn sideways and permit the larger, landscape keyboard. I made a joke in a previous posting about me now obeying the new text/type laws just because the Iphone won't let me get away with it. I could do full email replies to most messages on the Curve, in almost any driving situation. Tried earlier today on the Iphone and it failed miserably.

Later, and look forward to seeing everyone over here.

W.
    10-06-10 01:59 PM
    Super feedback for me on the Torch. Other than hold it in my hands for a few minutes at a store, I couldn't say for sure if I should go Iphone4 or Torch.

But, last night I cut my Blackberry ties (8330 Curve - 3 years) and did the Iphone!

So far so good ... only thing is that tiny portrait mode keyboard. Seems some apps or screen forms don't turn sideways and permit the larger, landscape keyboard. I made a joke in a previous posting about me now obeying the new text/type laws just because the Iphone won't let me get away with it. I could do full email replies to most messages on the Curve, in almost any driving situation. Tried earlier today on the Iphone and it failed miserably.

Later, and look forward to seeing everyone over here.

W.
    Don't worry too much. A little practice and you'll go right back to being a hazard on the roads again.
    10-06-10 02:01 PM
    You have to be careful with this kind of statement. Compare an iPhone to a Bold or Curve and you're right. Compare it to a Storm/Storm 2 as large screen/touch devices, and you'll find they've always been pretty comparable. There are Storm 2 threads validating this.

- R.
    A Curve isnt even comparable because its a 2G phone.

Ive found the iphone 4 battery life (not heavy graphics games but normal usage- email, calls, text) is pretty comparable to a 9000/9700 getting you through a solid day of use.
    10-06-10 02:36 PM
    I was a hardcore BlackBerry user... never ever did I think I would convert to the iPhone. I was one of those Apple Haters, just look at me now---> I'm loving the iPhone 4g. Gave my Torch away and will never look back and regret not going BlackBerry again.

Also, I find that whatever I did on the BlackBerry I can do better on the iPhone. (shame on me for saying never)
    10-09-10 07:33 AM
    I was a hardcore BlackBerry user... never ever did I think I would convert to the iPhone. I was one of those Apple Haters, just look at me now---> I'm loving the iPhone 4g. Gave my Torch away and will never look back and regret not going BlackBerry again.

Also, I find that whatever I did on the BlackBerry I can do better on the iPhone. (shame on me for saying never)
    Not saying that the iPhone 4 isn't impressive, because it is. But there are a ot of threads about ex BB users that got to the iPhone and say that they wouldn't go back and within months, a lot of them go back. I don't think that people revert back to BBs because BBs are better, I think that they go back because BBs are familiar. And the reason they had the BB in the first place is because it met their needs for the most part. I would also say the same for iPhone users that have had every iPhone that was released. Some of those people have tried going to the Android platform and they quickly come back because they miss the Apple ecosystem and simplicity of the hardware. I say this to say; never say never. It is always a possibility. This coming from a person that has tried WM, Palm Pre, EVO 4G, Hero, and iPhone 3GS. And every time, I go back to a BB within months of getting these phones.

10-09-10 11:16 AM
    After using a bb for years and trying the torch, I purchased an iPhone 4. I love the phone and have no plans to return too bb anytime soon. However, I like bb and have enjoyed using them. When rim comes out with a phone that meets my needs, then imwill go back.

I'm one of the users that want to go back, but do not Mainly due tomwhat I get out of the iPhone experience. I love the netflix app, words with friends and have been enjoying the CBS mobile app. Watching the sec games are awesome. I miss the led and physical keyboard.

I'm a firm believer that you get more bang for your buck with the iPhone.
    10-10-10 01:32 PM
    Yeah, after trying the Torch I felt like a fool even considering it. So I just bought an iPhone 3Gs off of ebay.
    10-10-10 02:25 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD