I'm LOVING my new iPhone, and the endless audio creation apps available. However, there are too many plain ol guitar tuner apps- on my BB there weren't but a couple to choose from- can anyone suggest the absolute very best in their opinion? I tried to search this forum but it won't let me click 'search' for some reason.
    01-23-11 12:37 PM
    iStrobosoft is a strobe tuner & more accurate than needle or LED tuners.
    It is easier to use, IMO.
    It is $9.99, though. But well worth it.
    To buy a regular strobe tuner will cost usually over$100.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 09:11 AM
    cleartune works very well and it's not expensive.
    01-25-11 09:32 AM
    I tune with N-Track Tuner for iPad, they have it for iPhone too. It is 100% free and really quality.

If you are going to pay, I recommend looking into the iRig adapter, it costs $40 at Target here, but it is worth it. Then use the app Amplitube as a preamp, effects pedal, tuner, recorder, etc.. There is a free version with the tuner, but you only get like two pedals.

The full app is $20 and has many settings, like saving loads of presets.
    Its very expensive, but in my opinion the best musical setup on my iPad. It's like getting a $200 Boss pedal for $60.
    Last edited by aawilson; 01-25-11 at 10:22 AM.
    01-25-11 10:10 AM
    iStrobosoft is a strobe tuner & more accurate than needle or LED tuners.
    It is easier to use, IMO.
    It is $9.99, though. But well worth it.
    To buy a regular strobe tuner will cost usually over$100.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, that's more of what I was looking for. The one I bought with a needle just didn't seem to be precise enough. Definately well worth it, thanks.

If you are going to pay, I recommend looking into the iRig adapter, it costs $40 at Target here, but it is worth it. Then use the app Amplitube as a preamp, effects pedal, tuner, recorder, etc.. There is a free version with the tuner, but you only get like two pedals.

The full app is $20 and has many settings, like saving loads of presets.
    Its very expensive, but in my opinion the best musical setup on my iPad. It's like getting a $200 Boss pedal for $60.
    You know, I saw an ad for this in a review a while back, but couldn't remember what it was called- so thanks. Target didn't have it, but I found one on Walmart's site. The app itself looks like it'd be cooler on an ipad, but I figured for 60 bucks total it's worth the shot.
    01-26-11 08:57 AM
    Just to let you know, it says you can also use other apps with the iRig so check out others like Ampkit (free and lots of features). I'm just saying It's really nice to actaully play an instrument through my idevice, it makes it way more functional for music than trying to master touchsreen piano or someting.
    01-26-11 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD