well.. there's not many people left to share this with, so i had to put it out somewhere - so i can at least feel a little better about it. otherwise i might drown in total guilt after having a bb for like 6 years now.

im another one of those loyal blackberry users about to trade-in my curve for an iphone

picking it up thursday. in a way i can't wait. in a way im totally depressed and miss my BB already.

anyhow, iphone 3gs here i come.
    08-02-09 11:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the iPhone - if not, we'll see you back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 11:35 PM
    Once you get used to it, you won't regret it
    08-03-09 12:39 AM
    The 3GS is a great device, you will love it.
    08-03-09 01:34 AM
    I'm not guilty that I traded in an inferior phone (Storm) for a superior one (iPhone). RIM should be the guilt-ridden party for trying to sell me a Storm in the first place.
    08-03-09 09:27 AM
    I'm not guilty that I traded in an inferior phone (Storm) for a superior one (iPhone). RIM should be the guilt-ridden party for trying to sell me a Storm in the first place.
    Hate to repeat the line, but if you walked into a Verizon store asking to buy a Storm, RIM didn't "sell it" to you. You're the one that bought it. No one forced you...

All RIM did was expand their product line to include their first touchscreen BB. Nothing to feel guilty about with that.
    08-03-09 09:39 AM
    Good luck with the iPhone. It is an awesome device!

08-03-09 09:41 AM
    Hate to repeat the line, but if you walked into a Verizon store asking to buy a Storm, RIM didn't "sell it" to you. You're the one that bought it. No one forced you...

All RIM did was expand their product line to include their first touchscreen BB. Nothing to feel guilty about with that.
    RIM certainly did sell it to me by the virtue of its advertising. And RIM should not have released the Storm into its product line with as many bugs.
    08-03-09 09:56 AM
    RIM certainly did sell it to me by the virtue of its advertising. And RIM should not have released the Storm into its product line with as many bugs.
    And you had a choice as to whether or not you wanted to listen to that advertising.

If I do recall, the first commercials called it "The world's first touchscreen BlackBerry, exclusively on Verizon". Not "The best smartphone in the world that will run rings around the iPhone".

True that they should have held it back a bit, but what happened happened. And now it's a great phone with the latest OS on it.
    08-03-09 10:03 AM
    And you had a choice as to whether or not you wanted to listen to that advertising.

If I do recall, the first commercials called it "The world's first touchscreen BlackBerry, exclusively on Verizon". Not "The best smartphone in the world that will run rings around the iPhone".

True that they should have held it back a bit, but what happened happened. And now it's a great phone with the latest OS on it.
    I never expected any Blackberry to run rings around an iPhone, but at the very least, I expected it not to be replete with bugs and hardware issues. I guess I naively assumed that if a company was advertising a product for sale, it is ready to be sold and not still practically in the test stage. But RIM proved my feeble mind wrong.
    Last edited by mdude85; 08-03-09 at 10:08 AM.
    08-03-09 10:06 AM
    That's exactly how I feel about these apps , some are good and work ,and the rest I tried didn't work ,what other industries allow market and promos that are incomplete and damage peoples rigs

08-04-09 09:53 AM
    I just switched to an iphone 3GS from a curve 8330. Its like night and day difference for me. My work e-mail is instant, the web browser is superior, and I now only have to carry one device.

I was hoping that Verizon would get the iphone because the AT&T network is not the best around here, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Anyways, I'm sure you will enjoy your new phone !!!
    08-04-09 12:17 PM
    Dude , lol take it from me ... you wont regret it , i came back to the iphone 3gs twice lol , and i will never leave lol ....
    08-04-09 06:31 PM
    well.. there's not many people left to share this with, so i had to put it out somewhere - so i can at least feel a little better about it. otherwise i might drown in total guilt after having a bb for like 6 years now.

im another one of those loyal blackberry users about to trade-in my curve for an iphone

picking it up thursday. in a way i can't wait. in a way im totally depressed and miss my BB already.

Enjoy your Iphoney, sans Google.
    08-04-09 08:08 PM
    i would keep the bb & buy the iphone...this way u can have the best of both worlds honestly i was thinking bout getting the 32GB 3GS myself.
    Last edited by whowhat; 08-05-09 at 11:36 AM.
    08-05-09 11:34 AM
    i would keep the bb & buy the iphone...this way u can have the best of both worlds honestly i was thinking bout getting the 32GB 3GS myself.
    I JUST GOT THE IPHONE TODAY! YAY!!!

i ended up keeping my curve (YAY!!) and ive got myself a new 16gb 3gs in white. lovin it so far
    08-08-09 12:57 AM
    Good, hope you like your iPhone. I love mine.
    08-08-09 01:27 AM
    I JUST GOT THE IPHONE TODAY! YAY!!!

i ended up keeping my curve (YAY!!) and ive got myself a new 16gb 3gs in white. lovin it so far
    Congrats! I have the 16GB 3GS in white also.
    08-08-09 01:14 PM

I've been using the 3GS 32GB for about a month now as my BB Bold resides lifeless in a desk drawer. Oh yes, I was told I'd get tired of the iPhone and immediately return to the Bold. So far, I've missed NOTHING about my BB, not even the constant interupting untimely emails! LOL!! The best use I've had so far for my retired BB Bold was to capture all my Outlook information from my old laptop when I replaced it with a new laptop... What a great tool for doing that!! (Saved the backup, too). I DO NOT MISS MY BB BOLD AND I'M GLAD I MADE THE CHANGE... VERY, VERY GLAD!!!
    08-16-09 02:30 PM
    I also switched to the 3gs i liked it better then the storm i had. The only thing i do miss is the BBM
    08-19-09 01:40 PM

have fun.... definately going to be a different experience.
    08-19-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD