09-06-09 04:32 PM
46 12
tools
    Perhaps I didn't try hard enough to make it work. But I did ask at the Apple store several times - this was two years ago, so maybe they've made additions to the interface since then?

In any case, I am loving the iPhone. =D
    Two years ago it may have been different; OSX Leopard was released October 2007ish and has had a couple updates since then, improving functionality across the board. Apple store reps are no better then anyone else imo; most don't know anything. Genius bar is a little different.
    07-17-09 01:13 AM
    How do you keep your music updated, or do you? It's cool that you can go back and get your paid/free apps back from the "restore" in iTunes. Say for example I have 1,000 songs in iTunes that I load after jb-ing it. Say a month from now I downloaded 200 more songs and 5 more paid apps from the App Store. Can I continuously keep my music and apps current by saving over the backup in iTunes or does this keep un-jailbreaking my phone?
    07-19-09 07:46 AM
    How do you keep your music updated, or do you? It's cool that you can go back and get your paid/free apps back from the "restore" in iTunes. Say for example I have 1,000 songs in iTunes that I load after jb-ing it. Say a month from now I downloaded 200 more songs and 5 more paid apps from the App Store. Can I continuously keep my music and apps current by saving over the backup in iTunes or does this keep un-jailbreaking my phone?
    Jailbreaking has no effect on the App store or iTunes. Use your phone as normal. You only need to re-jailbreak if you do a software update to your phone in iTunes. So if you decide to update to 3.1 when it releases you have to wait for the 3.1 jailbreak.
    07-19-09 02:24 PM
    If you jailbreak a 3GS...Can you still buy apps from the app store? Can you back up those that you do end up buying?
    07-20-09 09:55 AM
    If you jailbreak a 3GS...Can you still buy apps from the app store? Can you back up those that you do end up buying?
    Yes, and Yes
    07-20-09 10:07 AM
    does jail breaking allow usage with other carriers like TMo as well??
    07-21-09 11:32 AM
    No, that would require an unlock, which you do after jailbreaking.
    07-21-09 07:29 PM
    what does it mean when it says restart springboard?
    I touched the reload springboard and it kind of froze with out moving forward, had to force restart and then every thing went fine...I guess now my phone is jailbroken, gotta see what all it can do and learn how to make it do...
    thanks for detailed instructions...
    07-21-09 08:33 PM
    My unlocked 3gs is working great on Tmo. Now if I cancel AT&T and then at some point in the future update the OS and jailbreak/unlock again, will my deactivated AT&T sim card still work for jailbreaking/unlocking if necessary?
    07-23-09 09:54 AM
    What is the best way to install jailbreak updates for some of the known issues (push fix, etc) ? Can they be installed and run through Cydia even though an older version of purplera1n was used to perform the original jailbreak?
    07-25-09 05:49 PM
    Where can you find the SBSettings one in Cydia that's the one that's like app manager? Because there's sooo many and I can't find which one's the right one
    07-30-09 04:23 PM
    08-07-09 11:11 AM
    My phone locked up on the let it rain screen (dude standing in the rain) Its been stuck there for an hour. It wont turn off, sync with Itunes or anything. Suggestions?
    08-13-09 10:58 PM
    Just completed and put categories and winter on. Beautiful. Loved the phone before, much better now. Thanks for the instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 09:24 PM
    I'm really worried about losing all my contacts and SMS with a jailbreak. Will using "Restore" delete them all? Is there any way to do a backup of a backup so I am absolutely sure nothing is lost?
    08-19-09 10:28 AM
    what exactly does a jailbreak do? Does it simply allow to run unapproved/ 3rd party apps? or does it allow your iphone to run on a different carrier?
    08-20-09 08:51 AM
    Does this work if you have updated to 3.01?
    Last edited by UsinMyIllusion; 08-26-09 at 10:26 AM.
    08-26-09 09:29 AM
    Does this work if you have updated to 3.01?
    You can't use purplera1n as it won't work with 3.0.1. You need to use redsn0w.
    08-26-09 01:35 PM
    My phone locked up on the let it rain screen (dude standing in the rain) Its been stuck there for an hour. It wont turn off, sync with Itunes or anything. Suggestions?
    I know this is old and you have probably figured it out by now, but for future people this happens to, I simply held down the home button and the top button for a few seconds and it rebooted the phone.
    08-31-09 09:00 PM
    I now have tried this 5 times with no success. I tried running it as administrator regular, rebooting myself etc and nothing First time it locked up on the first screen. Have tried it on windows 7 and Vista with Sp2. Not sure a sticky would be good idea.
    09-06-09 04:31 PM
    I know this is old and you have probably figured it out by now, but for future people this happens to, I simply held down the home button and the top button for a few seconds and it rebooted the phone.
    This should be updated and put on the first screen. People will read this post (as i did) and try to make this work.
    09-06-09 04:32 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD