All

I just got the 3GS and have never Jail Broke an iphone before, and i am thinking about doing it next week... I have 2 questions:

1. what is the diffidence between having it unlock vs JB
    2. Once I JB it can use it on my Tmobile account by adding the Sim card or does it need to be unlock

Sorry that these questions might be beginner questions i am just trying to see if it is really worth trying to JB my iPhone.. thx
    1. Locked means you can only use it on the network it's tied to (AT&T in your case).
    Jailbreak enables you to download and install iphone apps, themes etc. from somewhere other than iTunes.

As to whether it can be used on T-Mo, I'll leave that to someone else. Pretty sure T-Mo is AWS, different bands.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-18-10 at 01:47 PM.
    06-18-10 01:44 PM
    1. Locked means you can only use it on the network it's tied to (AT&T in your case).
    Jailbreak enables you to download and install iphone apps, themes etc. from somewhere other than iTunes.

As to whether it can be used on T-Mo, I'll leave that to someone else. Pretty sure T-Mo is AWS, different bands.
    Right now I am on Tmobile and would like to move my SIM card over to the IPhone so does that mean I have to get the phone unlock to use it and if so can I JB break it also so I can use the apps

thx for any help
    06-18-10 02:03 PM
    Hello guys, I am new to the iTouch Technology. :P Can someone advise me if an iPod Touch 3g needs to be (can be) jailbroke. I was reading the post on the mainpage about tethering the BB w/the iTouch/iPod and needed to know if I needed to jailbrake the iTouch before trying attempting this.
    06-24-10 01:02 PM
    Right now I am on Tmobile and would like to move my SIM card over to the IPhone so does that mean I have to get the phone unlock to use it and if so can I JB break it also so I can use the apps

thx for any help
    First off you are confusing jailbreak with unlock. The iphone has to be jailbroken first in order to run unlock software on it. Jailbreaking is a process that allows iPhone and iPod Touch and now ipad users to run any code on their devices, as opposed to only that code authorized by Apple. Once jailbroken, iPhone users are able to download many applications previously unavailable through the App Store via unofficial installers such as Cydia; Icy; and Installous, as well as illegal pirated apps. A jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch is still able to use and update apps downloaded and purchased from Apple's official App Store. Once you are jailbroken you can use Blacksn0w to unlock your phone for use on T-Mobile by installing it in cydia. Directions are here http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/gui...rmware-441303/ But like the user above commented the bands are different but all this effects is 3G data and not phone calls or texts. You will have to use edge data service if you are putting a T-mobile sim in your iphone. These are just guide lines and I would suggest you read my entire post guide on jailbreaking and unlocking.
    Good Luck
    06-25-10 03:37 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD