Okay, so I'm an admitted Crackberry Fiend, no doubt about that.

But imagine my surprise, when my husband, in addition to his Blackberry, purchased another phone for himself and my son.

Wanna guess what kind of phone he got?????

You won't guess......he got an iPhone.......

My husband AND my son are now walking around the house, bragging on the short charge time and extended battery life of their new iPhones.

They're touching and sliding and downloading and blah, blah, blah......

I totally cannot lie, the Green Eyed Monster of jealousy has reared its ugly head in me. I admit it. I don't know ONE person (personally) who owns one and is not satisfied. All that it doesn't or can't do don't seem to be deal breakers for these folk. I am so tempted to get one and try it out! But I really don't need two phones. I'm trying to stay faithful to Big Red and my Blackberry. Love the coverage and customer service. It's been a wonderful relationship...............but that iPhone is absolutely something to behold! *sigh*
    08-06-09 12:20 PM

But imagine my surprise, when my husband, in addition to his Blackberry, purchased another phone for himself and my son.

My husband AND my son are now walking around the house, bragging on the short charge time and extended battery life of their new iPhones.

I totally cannot lie, the Green Eyed Monster of jealousy has reared its ugly head in me. I admit it. I don't know ONE person (personally) who owns one and is not satisfied. All that it doesn't or can't do don't seem to be deal breakers for these folk. I am so tempted to get one and try it out! But I really don't need two phones. I'm trying to stay faithful to Big Red and my Blackberry. Love the coverage and customer service. It's been a wonderful relationship...............but that iPhone is absolutely something to behold! *sigh*
    Is there a question in here or just your story of how you want an iphone... Let them enjoy the honeymoon the dropped calls will be here shortly.
    08-06-09 12:24 PM
    Is there a question in here or just your story of how you want an iphone...
    Way to not be an *** or anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 12:45 PM
    The iPhone may be nice, but AT&T is not worth it, wait until it comes to Verizon

08-06-09 12:45 PM
    Don't do it...its nothing different

08-06-09 12:48 PM
    Is there a question in here or just your story of how you want an iphone... Let them enjoy the honeymoon the dropped calls will be here shortly.

Be easy....watch yourself.......LOL!.....

I don't want an iPhone. I plan to stay faithful and loyal to VZW because I've been with them for almost 10 years now after switching from Sprint because of their lack of care concerning my number getting hacked and someone charged hundreds of dollars to my account. They treated me like DIRT! So I took my business elsewhere. I also winded up falling in love with the Motorola Communicator v200 which was a SWEET little device!

VZW hasn't always given me everything I wanted, but all the pain hasn't proven to be a deal breaker for me.

I just wouldn't sacrifice my great customer service and coverage for a HOT phone on another carrier.

My husband was on TMobile and switched to AT&T and added my son onto the AT&T account from his (my son's) former Sprint phone. So he basically switched from TMobile AND Sprint at the same time, and I'm still with VZW. He doesn't get the picture just yet. He won't switch to VZW because of the plan prices, but I think he'll figure it out soon........
    08-06-09 12:54 PM
    The iPhone may be nice, but AT&T is not worth it, wait until it comes to Verizon

Is it definitely coming to VZW? I just don't know if I REALLY want to give up having a Blackberry, ya know?
    08-06-09 12:57 PM
    Be easy....watch yourself.......LOL!.....

I don't want an iPhone. I plan to stay faithful and loyal to VZW because I've been with them for almost 10 years now after switching from Sprint because of their lack of care concerning my number getting hacked and someone charged hundreds of dollars to my account. They treated me like DIRT! So I took my business elsewhere. I also winded up falling in love with the Motorola Communicator v200 which was a SWEET little device!

VZW hasn't always given me everything I wanted, but all the pain hasn't proven to be a deal breaker for me.

I just wouldn't sacrifice my great customer service and coverage for a HOT phone on another carrier.

My husband was on TMobile and switched to AT&T and added my son onto the AT&T account from his (my son's) former Sprint phone. So he basically switched from TMobile AND Sprint at the same time, and I'm still with VZW. He doesn't get the picture just yet. He won't switch to VZW because of the plan prices, but I think he'll figure it out soon........
    Oh ok great story lol, it should be coming to VZW and I think it would demolish at&t if it did. But I've heard both that it is and is not coming to vzw... So who knows
    08-06-09 12:58 PM

LOL!!!

Absolutely hilarious!
    08-06-09 12:58 PM

I guess I'm not used to people telling stories like "hey my friend got an iphone and I really like it but I like verizon and my blackberry is nice and i like it"
    Not amusing. No question. Not looking for feedback besides people to say... cool story.
    08-06-09 01:20 PM
    If you just want a phone to play with, might as well switch.

Personally I can do without forced itunes and app store reliance, DRM, no chance of a hardware keyboard, lack of true multitask, etc.

Having someone tell me what apps I can and can't have is a joke.
    Last edited by papped; 08-06-09 at 01:47 PM.
    08-06-09 01:44 PM
    Any 'more than rumored' guesstimations on when the iPhone will be available at VZW? Within a year or later?

Thanks.
    08-06-09 02:23 PM
    Clarification: within a year, not necessarily meaning this year, although that'd be awesome...
    08-06-09 02:29 PM
    Clarification: within a year, not necessarily meaning this year, although that'd be awesome...
    I've heard anywhere from Christmas of this year to 2 years from this summer. So who the **** knows.
    08-06-09 02:32 PM
    Why not keep the bb with VZ and get a ipod touch, its basically a iphone with no cellular radio. Then you get the best of both worlds. Case closed

08-06-09 02:37 PM

Great idea...
    you dont want a second phone but love the iPhone...
    get an iTouch.
    Same thing but with no phone. has wifi and all the capabilities... I think...
    but thats what I would do if I wanted to betray my pink curve.
    LOL
    08-06-09 02:44 PM
    Well... IPhone IS far better than any BlackBerry. Period. No comparison.

But...

VZW is far better than AT&T. Period. End of discussion. Want to argue that? Back yourself into the AT&T forum here with the rest of the folks satisfied with being with the distant third or fourth rated carrier (out of four).

Now, there are some areas and some lifestyles and some perceptions where AT&T does just fine. If you live and stay in a strong AT&T area, and expect to have some issues if you do travel AND you can deal with occasional false arrogance from the company, great. Husband & son may be able to continue ribbing you if the service is tolerable or even good.

Something everyone needs to remember - AT&T doesn't have close to 80 million customers because of total incompetence - they actually have good service in many areas. AT&T customers can't all be stupid, either.

After all, while there are at least 80,000,000 stupid people in America, they can't all be on AT&T - many use Sprint!

08-06-09 03:25 PM
    Not amusing. No question. Not looking for feedback besides people to say... cool story.
    Like the vast majority of your posts?
    08-06-09 05:21 PM
    @ Twins

I agree that BB has many shortcomings and the iPhone is a heck of device, but Ive noticed that on multiple occasions you enthusiastically point it out. While I do not have a problem with this, It does make me pause, think and then want to ask you

Why do you still use a Blackberry? Is it just for work and do you secretly have an iPhone or an iPod Touch? Or is it because you prefer Verizon over the other carriers?

No harm in my asking, eh?
    08-06-09 05:53 PM
    @ Twins

I agree that BB has many shortcomings and the iPhone is a heck of device, but Ive noticed that on multiple occasions you enthusiastically point it out. While I do not have a problem with this, It does make me pause, think and then want to ask you

Why do you still use a Blackberry?
    I second that question. I don't fault anyone for not liking blackberry and I to agree that bb's have many faults. What I don't understand is the continual need, sometimes multiple times a day to tell everyone how terrible incompetant RIM is. Why don't you just switch and be done with it? That's sure what I would do .
    Sure not trying to run anybody off and I appreciate the technical posts that twins has posted as I enjoy that kinda stuff.

08-06-09 05:59 PM
    You guys do know he has lines of service on all the carriers, right? One hunting number that finds him no matter which phone he has or even if he has more than one with him. He has iphones and pres and bolds and even the new omnia that isn't out yet. Part of his business is evaluating technology. Spending an hour with him is a phone junkie's wet dream.

08-06-09 06:10 PM
    You guys do know he has lines of service on all the carriers, right? One hunting number that finds him no matter which phone he has or even if he has more than one with him. He has iphones and pres and bolds and even the new omnia that isn't out yet. Part of his business is evaluating technology. Spending an hour with him is a phone junkie's wet dream.

Oh I know, but if RIM is junk then use one of the other ones. If the omnia is the one that's the best use that one and be done with it.

08-06-09 06:15 PM
    The iPhone will come to Verizon, eventually, as greedy as Apple is, it could be soon

Now as for giving up your BlackBerry fot it, **** NO, Life on BlackBerry, bb beats the **** out of the iPhone

08-06-09 06:37 PM

No I did not realize that. His job does sound like a dream though.
    08-06-09 06:38 PM

Dang DD, this sound one of those most interesting man in the world beer commercials
    08-06-09 07:06 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD