That is the question.
    My contract is due and thanks to my provider's loyalty program I can pop in a store this very evening and grab an i-phone 4 (or galaxy S) for free.
    The thing is I love my BB Storm, as hard to believe as it sounds, and the way it manages the e-mail, agenda, battery life... it has been my third BB.
    I have been waiting for news about a full touchscreen device from RIM but seems to me they only care about the playbook now... and I will have to wait for ever for whatever they are planning to release. Based on last few years experience I also feel that RIM's brand new phone specs will not match its competitors. Besides, I live in Spain, so it will take even longer.
    Any idea or help?
    02-14-11 10:55 AM
    If you really love those things about your S1, then I would just wait. You could be kicking yourself if you leave BB. I know from experience.

But if you must, I would pick the Galaxy S ove the iPhone. Just personal opinion.
    luancuvi likes this.
    02-14-11 11:08 AM
    i would jump on the iphone
    luancuvi likes this.
    02-14-11 11:18 AM
    Hehe, my brother in law keeps telling me that his Galaxy S can do it the same way, so does my flat mate about his iphone 4...
    I would not mind a couple of months wait, but for now there is no signal of any new device coming and that could be Q4 in Spain, I only have to sign an eighteen months contract...
    02-14-11 11:25 AM
    i would jump on the iphone
    Have you left BB?
    Thought you were a BB fanboy
    02-14-11 11:26 AM
    the storm is a POS to what is out there on android and iOS. The new RIM phones wont be here for another 6-8 months. Its up to you if you can wait that long
    luancuvi likes this.
    02-14-11 11:35 AM
    the storm is a POS to what is out there on android and iOS. The new RIM phones wont be here for another 6-8 months. Its up to you if you can wait that long
    Thanks a lot Howarmat, I do not think I can, that would mean 10 months in Spain, I'd rather enjoy something new now for free and wait for those 10 months afterwords.
    I think the best alternative would be the iphone, but there is something about owning an iphone that I do not like, it is stupid but it is something to do with differentiation... Hehe, I guess that is off topic
    02-14-11 11:52 AM
    no harm in trying iphone 4 then in 6-12 months when new bb's come out switch back if you don't likme iphone4.

btw that was my wife's attitude 14 months she thought she would just like to try iphone...she left and still loves her iphone. she won't be back to BB soon or maybe never.

it's just a phone give it a try.
    luancuvi likes this.
    02-14-11 12:19 PM
    As a consumer, you'll find your email works BETTER on an Android or iPhone. I'd jump on the Desire tbh. But that's just my opinion (I'm not a fan of Samsung OR Apple iPhone)
    luancuvi likes this.
    02-14-11 12:20 PM
    iPhones usually have very high resale value, at least they do hear in the States. I don't think you can lose on this deal, even if you decide the iPhone isn't for you, you could probably sell it when the new Berries do come out, pay full retail and probably come close to break even.
    itsdollar and luancuvi like this.
    02-14-11 12:40 PM
    you should be able to sell and purchase 2 BBs almost lol
    itsdollar and luancuvi like this.
    02-14-11 12:48 PM
    Thanks a lot for your answers, I am quite a heavy user both for business and social life, I need my phone to be reliable and never let me down. That is why I am in doubt after hearing so much about battery management and productivity of iOS and android...
    On the other hand I do not want to get an "already old" brand new phone.
    BTW, I do not think there is such a big second hand market in Spain, you can get nice phones for cheap if you sign a new contract with a provider.
    Last edited by luancuvi; 02-14-11 at 12:53 PM.
    02-14-11 12:51 PM
    Get the free iPhone and resell it when or if you are ready to switch back like others have mentioned. Their resale value is much higher than other phones. At the least try it for a few days (depending on the return/exchange policy of your provider) and take it back if it doesn't work for you.
    luancuvi likes this.
    02-14-11 12:54 PM
    Isn't it funny how our mind works? It sort of needs support from third parties when it is not sure about something.
    I think I will give it a go, in the end I am sure it is much better than my storm.
    02-14-11 01:10 PM
    The iphone nano has just been officially announced... Out this summer. Months before bb's new touch screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 02:41 PM
    I sold my iPhone 3G 8GB in sept for $260 and that was 3 years old. Very good resale
    02-14-11 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD