32gb, happy thus far. high points that i didn't expect... MUCH more responsive touch screen, so smooth and effortless, no stuttering (unlike my Android). also no need for weekly battery pulls, or daily like my BlackBerry, not that i could, which is slightly bothersome, but also a tad comforting, in terms of protective seal. still not a fan of the home screen, perhaps there's an app you guys can recommend that would give me something Android like where I can view a large clock with shortcut to my alarm and a the weather? that's something i'll miss though, on screen interactive widgets, the major highlight of Android devices. the settings takes some getting use to and right now i'm extremely frustrated and disappointed with them, but i know that's just my lack of patience getting the better of me right now. given time i'll get to learn this thing and love it to death! i thought about doing the i4, but got an amazing deal on this from a buddy, besides i'm on T-Mo and it would be an even bigger waste of my money to've gone for the cream of a crop i'd never be able to enjoy. anyway, just wanted to drop my cries of joy and adoption to my new family. any advisements, tips, hints, clues to things some of the veterans might take for granted but a newb might not be aware of would be greatly appreciated. peace out home skillets.
    10-19-10 11:49 PM
    If you jailbreak your phone, there are some options. Lockinfo will let you customize your homescreen to a degree. There are plugins for clock and weather. Again, with a jailbroken phone, you might want to install weather icon and liveclock. Weathericon will replace the icon of a bunch of different weather apps with a live icon. The liveclock makes the clock show the correct time.

Winterboard can alter many visual aspects of the UI. There are a bunch of live weather themes available, including live wallpaper that tells the weather. InterActiveWeather is such a theme as is Active Weather Wallpaper. There are also a lot of themes available for the lock screen. TypoPhone Weather is a popular one.

Be forewarned. A lot of Winterboard themes can negatively affect speed and battery life. Some people don't care, for others it's a dealkiller.
    10-20-10 12:43 AM
    I guess one other thing I should mention is that you can use Activator to set up gestures that will launch various apps. For example, if you want to launch the weather app, you can get it so a swipe across the notification area will launch it, or holding down one of the volume buttons. There's a pretty wide range of customization available.
    10-20-10 12:57 AM
    what did you do with your bold? i'm thinking of switching to a ip4 but i would have to change my data plan, cut my sim card, and what about all those stuff that i brought for my bold? let them go to waste? so i'm reluctant to switch.
    10-20-10 01:50 AM
    I still have my Bold and my Vibrant, I just switch between the three every three weeks or so.
    10-24-10 10:08 PM
    I guess one other thing I should mention is that you can use Activator to set up gestures that will launch various apps. For example, if you want to launch the weather app, you can get it so a swipe across the notification area will launch it, or holding down one of the volume buttons. There's a pretty wide range of customization available.
    Oh, Activator sounds really cool, as does the jailbreaking opportunities. Thanks for the suggestions Roo, I'm really going to try to get into this thing!
    10-24-10 10:36 PM
    Oh, Activator sounds really cool, as does the jailbreaking opportunities. Thanks for the suggestions Roo, I'm really going to try to get into this thing!
    Be careful, once you get in... it's tough to get out...
    10-25-10 12:15 AM
    Be careful, once you get in... it's tough to get out...
    LOL! I haven't a problem with that, while I might have an addictive personality, I'm also the unsatisfiable type.
    10-25-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD