Check this out guys. It is saying that Google is paying Apple 100 million to be the default search engine. And could probably get more if they switched to Bing.

http://www.tipb.com/2010/02/12/googl...iPhone+Blog%29
    02-12-10 01:13 PM
    I Hope they stick with google I actually love google being the default search engine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 01:19 PM
    yea I hope theys tick with google as well. Im just too used to google. Im not oposed to bing, but ive been using google for so long.
    02-12-10 01:40 PM
    Yeah google is the best. I do however, still use yahoo a lot. But that's mostly because I like the homepage because of the news and stuff. But Google is the best.
    02-12-10 02:00 PM
    google google google google!!
    02-15-10 04:43 PM
    Honestly, I just d/led the Bing app and aside from Apps integration in the Google App, Bing wins hands down.

This is the biggest reason why Bing isn't up there more as no one wants to give it a fair shot.

Even me, I'm just used to hitting the "g" in my "CHROME" browser or even just typing what I want to search in the toolbar and it'll automatically search for it in Google.
    02-15-10 04:46 PM
    I think they should make the Bing App part of the UI, so it can get background processing.
    02-15-10 04:47 PM
    I think they should make the Bing App part of the UI, so it can get background processing.
    I agree. I like bing too. I don't use it that much on the iPhone because it doesn't have the integration with safari. But if it did, it would be my default search engine.
    02-15-10 05:25 PM
    I agree. I like bing too. I don't use it that much on the iPhone because it doesn't have the integration with safari. But if it did, it would be my default search engine.
    Yeah... I watched the video on TiPb and downloaded it for myself. I really liked it, but like you said, Safari integration would be nice.
    02-15-10 08:39 PM
    100MM does not seem a lot to me. I am sure that if apple established a competitive bidding between Microsoft and Google they would get a lot more money.
    02-16-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD