08-03-09 07:41 PM
    I saw this on the news wires and thought about posting it. Problem in this iPhone forum is anything you post here drives 1/2 the regulars nuts and ready to go off the deep end screaming "TROLL, TROLL, TROLL" so I am kind of gun shy.

Hope you don't get attacked for posting it.
    08-03-09 08:01 PM
    I don't care one way or the other really. I have a username on the iphoneblog too.

This story is interesting. I think this is great. More competition and more products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 08:03 PM
    This story is interesting. I think this is great. More competition and more products.
    I agree but the temperature here is weird. Anything you post in here unless it is 1000% pro Apple gets rants and wild accusations of "TROLL" and demands that the threads be locked.

Mods don't seem to police it much.
    08-03-09 08:08 PM
    Fine by me.

08-03-09 08:15 PM
    I saw this on the news wires and thought about posting it. Problem in this iPhone forum is anything you post here drives 1/2 the regulars nuts and ready to go off the deep end screaming "TROLL, TROLL, TROLL" so I am kind of gun shy.

Hope you don't get attacked for posting it.
    Seems to cite a reputable source so there is no justification for an attack on the OP.

BTW we do look here from time to time, or when posts get Reported, but the moderators all have a life outside forums. The decision on action is for each individual mod so wild and malicious reports usually get inaction. If it doesn't breach the rules it can stay

08-03-09 08:28 PM
    I've kept an eye on the Goggle Voice/Apple and/or AT&T blocking it from the iPhone since Friday. It's gotten so fishy that the FCC has gotten involved and is doing an investigation of their own.

It seemed inevitable that there would be some sort of shakeup like this. I don't think it's a coincidence that Google came out with the G1 and the Safari like web browser - Chrome- in so little time. These two were bosum buddies. I can't wait to see what starts to come out of this.

08-03-09 08:53 PM
    I agree forever.... it all benefits us consumers. I actually think this should have happened sooner. Nothing new has happened that would make this the right time, except GV being denied. I guess Eric had something to say and they said, "be gone"

@berryite There was no need to continue to talk about it or even bring it up, like Branta stated, if it doesn't violate the rules, it stays. Forever stated he didn't care and you continued. Please stop! Thank you.
    08-03-09 09:39 PM
    It's gotten so fishy that the FCC has gotten involved and is doing an investigation of their own.
    The FCC like so many government agencies usually moves slower than a glacier so for them to move this fast is very curious indeed.
    08-04-09 12:36 AM
    "Unfortunately, as Google enters more of Apple's core businesses, with Android and now Chrome OS, Eric's effectiveness as an Apple board member will be significantly diminished." - Steve Jobs

A quote from a statement by Steve Jobs. You know for all that people say
    about this guy and how he has everyone under a spell, I like the guy.
    Something about him reminds me of Bill Belichick. Everyone hates him, but
    it just bounces off of him. He says the right things, like the statement above,
    and slightly takes a jab but doesn't do it in a malicous way.

Now with all the things that Google is using to start competing with Apple and
    Microsoft, it makes you wonder why Apple didn't want to get rid of him earlier.
    So this is what makes it seem fishy to me that it barely happened.
    08-04-09 12:22 PM
    Exactly... That's the reason I believe GV had something to do with it. Does this mean Google could say "oh by the way, no more maps for j00" on the iPhone? Probably not, but it would be funny.
    08-04-09 02:14 PM
    Exactly... That's the reason I believe GV had something to do with it. Does this mean Google could say "oh by the way, no more maps for j00" on the iPhone? Probably not, but it would be funny.
    If that was to happen that would smell fishier than Long John's Silver's.
    08-04-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD