Good luck with the iPhone 5. Looks like a great device. I am holding out to look at BB10 and WP8.

Love the sensitive BB diehards posting harsh comments. Make them all look mature and happy. Lmao
    10-13-12 01:12 PM
    Making the move in 2007 would've been "WOW". By now, iOS is a 5-year-old OS and is pre-historic compared to Android and BB 10.
    Says it all. Congrats apple for once again showing itself to be leaders in smartphone innovation. Oh wait I thought this was a 2007 thread. My bad
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 10-13-12 at 02:08 PM.
    10-13-12 01:24 PM
    I wish someone would release an iPhone 5 sized device running stock android that's got similar specs to the S3. Then I'd have a choice to make at least.
    That would be cool. I take it that you're not a big fan of larger screens?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-13-12 02:39 PM
    I wish someone would release an iPhone 5 sized device running stock android that's got similar specs to the S3. Then I'd have a choice to make at least.
    I would advise you to try android (especially since you're familiar with iOS). Im looking forward to playing with the Note 2, Android is evolving faster than all of the Os's out there.

10-13-12 02:44 PM
    How could you say th PB os is "prehistoric"? The pb's gestures and UI blow IOS out of the water imo.

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    I like the gestures on the playbook, however it sucks at everything else. My iPad goes everywhere, while my playbook sits at home.

brucep1 likes this.
    10-13-12 02:46 PM
    I like the gestures on the playbook, however it sucks at everything else. My iPad goes everywhere, while my playbook sits at home.

Edit: Suck is a harsh word.

10-13-12 02:59 PM
    That would be cool. I take it that you're not a big fan of larger screens?

Ya, I tried to tote an S3 around for a few weeks. Loved the phone, but just couldn't handle the size. The i5 is the perfect size for me, but I really like Android as well.
    10-13-12 03:48 PM
    The iphone5 is surprisingly light and it grew on me over the 4S. You'll love the phone and if you can use icloud and the ecosystem it'll be even more amazing.

It's those things as well that'd be great and there're times when you need to try something new Enjoy OP!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780using Tapatalk
    10-13-12 04:35 PM
    So now the argument is iOS is old? It is newer than Android and QNX??????
    10-14-12 08:54 AM
    So now the argument is that iOS is too old? Get a new argument as it is newer than Android or QNX!
    10-14-12 08:55 AM
    I think for those that are waiting for iOS to change....in case you were not aware, apple has stated that the reason they do not believe in change is because it's the one device that people use all the time, so to change aka innovate it, would mean getting people to learn how to do something new and that is not a chance they are willing to take.

My iDevices were a nice experiment. A short lived experiment that I found was rather dull. Fun at first no doubt, but after a while...what?
    10-16-12 04:00 PM
    I ordered iPhone 5 on Saturday night and the very earliest it'll ship is November 20!!! It's crazy !!
    10-16-12 08:17 PM
    There's a vocal minority calling iOS stale. Apple still manages to release a phone that outsells the one before it though. Millions upon millions of phones, year over year.
    10-16-12 08:20 PM
    I too took the leap of faith and got an iPhone 5 and sold my torch on eBay instantly. I bought me an iPhone 5 and 4s got the wife a 5 and moms a 4s. Haven't looked back sense I don't miss having to do battery pulls every day just to have memory or always havin to wipe and reload the os every few weeks because it would get buggy at first doing all that was fun but after a while no I found myself fixing the phone more than using it. Time is money. Been on iOS for few days now and no problems at all an I can't complain with all the app support. Having decent apps now is amazing. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing bb I love it but I just don't have time to go through a different headache with the device every day. Just isn't worth it. I will see what bb 10 looks like. It might could be the 3rd Device I carry If there are major improvements.

Roo Zilla likes this.
    10-19-12 07:10 AM
    Good for you OP. Now everyone change your profile to what you have now and not what you have discarded.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-19-12 07:55 AM
    I've made the switch myself to the iPhone 5. I've previously had the BB8220 {the pearl flip} & the BB9100 {pearl 3g}. Feel free to check my profile to see my issues in the time I've been using Blackberries. What finely got me to switch was RIM dropping the Pearl line, I was a big fan. With RIM no longer having SureType and the os problems that plagued the brand, I no longer felt I held any loyalties to Blackberry.

I went with the iPhone 5 because I just really like the way it feels, theirs just some thing incredibly ergonomic about it. In the few days I've had it I have to say so far I've been thoroughly impressed. The os is far more fluid, the display resolution goes beyond belief. Not only that as a iTunes member all my music syncs up with my device so easily.

Places where the Blackberries still have an advantage over Apple. For one the battery life. The phone hasn't died on me... yet, but by the end of the day I'm down to %50. While that maybe enough to get though the night, it's not enough to get though the following day. My BB's only needed to charged every other day, that's about a day & a half!

Another flaw is the lack of control. My BB's had the ability to say have a ringtone set at one level, yet have... bbm/text/email set at a lower volume. You can't do that with the iPhone. What you set the volume at is for all, phone, text, email...

You'll also lose the easy of transferring almost any audio file to use as any tone. Apple has tones to use... that are for sale... that you have to chose from.

Aside from those few flaws I could really learn to enjoy my i5.

Welcome to the dark side
    Time for me to leave CB & cross over too "the dark side"
    My last bbm status message was changed to {"pic of the iphone 5" < I've Crossed Over To The Darkside}
    10-26-12 10:50 PM
    Another flaw is the lack of control. My BB's had the ability to say have a ringtone set at one level, yet have... bbm/text/email set at a lower volume. You can't do that with the iPhone. What you set the volume at is for all, phone, text, email...

You'll also lose the easy of transferring almost any audio file to use as any tone. Apple has tones to use... that are for sale... that you have to chose from.

Aside from those few flaws I could really learn to enjoy my i5.

My last bbm status message was changed to {"pic of the iphone 5" < I've Crossed Over To The Darkside}
    First, welcome to the darkside!

It's actually pretty easy to create your own custom SMS tones, you don't have to buy them. It takes about a minute, maybe two minutes the first time. Here's instructions:

How To Create Free Text Tone for iPhone Using iTunes

It's also quite easy to set volume levels by moving the slider that says "volume adjustment" when you make your new text tone.

Since iOS 6, you can use any song in your library as an alarm.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 10-27-12 at 07:14 AM.
    10-27-12 05:39 AM
    I ordered iPhone 5 on Saturday night and the very earliest it'll ship is November 20!!! It's crazy !!
    I ordered mine on the 5th and it still hasn't shipped. A few days ago it came off backorder and is processing. Unfortunately I have no idea when it will be shipped. When I log into AT&T there is no delivery or shipping information given. Maybe I shouldn't have ordered the 16gb white and stuck with the black. Probably should have ordered a 32 also.
    10-28-12 02:51 PM
    Update: iPhone 5 has been shipped and a tracing umber supplied. Looks like I should have it in my possession Wednesday. Excited, but wondering if I should have purchased the SG3 or Galaxy Note 2 instead...
    10-29-12 11:21 PM
    Good luck.
    10-30-12 02:48 AM
    I didn't relies the insecurities of some of the whiner fanboys here.

Posted this review up in the Pearl Flip section when I upgraded from my Flip, check out the appreciation of some of the comments.

Upgraded From 8220

Posted this today in the Pearl 3G after I upgraded from my Pearl, not only is it locked it receives d-bag comments.

I've Crossed Over To The Darkside

"You can tell the size of a man by the size of the thing that makes him mad"
    10-31-12 09:03 PM
    How do you like the purple hue on the iphone 5 pictures? Enjoy the toys

Buh bye. Can we get a useful post next time please. If your selling crazy were all full here
    Goodnight Blackberry; Hello Apple-u-mad-bro.jpg

lmao, I suppose if I had a 9800 on Telus I'd be angry too.
    11-01-12 09:40 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	u-mad-bro.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	124365

lmao, I suppose if I had a 9800 on Telus I'd be angry too.
    Who wouldn't.
    Goodnight Blackberry; Hello Apple-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351894290.726514.jpg
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    11-02-12 05:11 PM
    11-02-12 05:21 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD